SAW tunnel/Rev3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim D. might answer that one, dont know if they would hold up to the abuse.

Gene ;D

I can make the hull go through the traps, I am using parts from proven designs, Its finding a engine that will do it consistantly that illudes me ;)

Its the connection for the "Boost Bottle" (a small canister at the back of the engine used on cars) supposed to help add low end to the powerband.

Gene ;D

The canister would be removed so the PTO would fit and the connection plugged.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the invite ;)

Dont think I can be ready in time for November trials, still got to make up my mind on the powerhead and do some testing, bouncin idea's off everybody till the parts get here.

Gene ;D

Gene,

Why would you pay 135-150 for a SS P/S when a 10 Ports LS is cheaper and Faster. With a few trick this makes a very powerful powerhead-Try it you will like it.

TB

Hey Bill,

I perfer the short stroke over the LS cause of the torque,

It does strange things to a ultra lite hull (4 pounds) I like the Maranello cause of the sheer revs it turns. But like I said the price is something else :eek:

Gene ;D

Gene

Tell the ol'lady that Santa really needs to get this one !!! I promise I won't ask for anything else all year !!!

I'll always keep the grass cut and take out the trash !! PLEASE BABY, PLEASE OOOO' PLEASE MOMMA !!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Gener,

21's don't have torque! hehehe!

If you are chasing sheer rev's I would suggest that you stay with a novarossi. They are proven at high rpms (rods, pistons and wrist pins are up to it!) and just get the right combination of pipe and exhaust timing. the number of ports in the liner argument relating to revs is not really a true indicator as to what rev's an engine will pull. my gear driven TT would pull rev's that would make your stomach churn and it's "only a 5 port". Shame it had no torque ;D ;D

Hey mornin Guy's

Butchie, ha,ha, ya crack me up Dude, problem is I would say Rossi Maranello, and her translation would be Ragu Marinara :p

I have been a good boy this year ;D

Tim, Pulls a sponson up on the straights and no torque, Uh Huh!!! :p ;D Got cha on the NR's ;)

Gene ;D

Gene...I GOT IT!!!

Tell her you're gonna go to the store and get Ragu Marinara. She'll think you're sooo sweet for helping out. Then when you get home with the little powerplant, say "You said it was OK!" ;D

Hey Yea........... Excellent idea PJ!!!! ;D

He,He,He,

Gene ;D

Actually the more I find out bout the SBK the better I like it, Still research'n ;)

Well I put the downtime to good use, got the hull together, left to do is radio box and transom. Supports, center section and sponsons are assembled and true.

30" long, Tunnel is 6 1/4" wide.

Sponson depth is 7/8"

Weight right now is about 1 1/2 lbs.

No cowl yet

I am at the point where is is just down to powerhead, gonna wait on the rest of the buildup till I make up my mind, and then adjust the design accordingly.

Should have a couple pics tonite,

Gene ;D

Thanks Paul,

Yeah the engine selection is gonna be a bugger till I find some more timing specs. ;D

Pic1

Hey thanks Daddy S.

Yeah it was raining hard that day, Wish I had one that close ;)

Gene ;D

Latest posts

Back