SAW Files

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed most of boatracer's actual comments but feel his/her frustration.. A lot of these posts are meaningless ramble by people who have neither never raced nor been to a record trials. Chris Wittrig deserves all of the credit in the world for his accomplishments but instead, we get slideblues post after post about his supposedly record breaking boat..

C'mon, man.. Give it a rest.. Quit posting, go out and set a record and let us talk about you... I cannot believe the number of threads related to Gene's boats...

Gene.. Have you ever raced in a IMPBA/NAMBA event? Have you ever attened an IMBPA/NAMBA sanctioned time trial event? CAD is great for conversation and theories but get out on the water and get it done..

Sincerely,

Charley" Never attended a record trial nor claims to want to break any records" Howarth

Charley this post was a invitation to all the guys building up SAW boats not just me, I was the first to give Chris a congrats when he posted.

When I think I have a boat capable to break a record I'll be there, till that time Im still testing.

By the views of this thred and my other one (which I stated that it would be my last buildup thred) Some still like to check in on what Im doing...............

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been "testing" for two years... Let it go..

Charley

Personally i think you should let it go Charley....some of us (including myself) like watching what Gene is upto

:rolleyes:

Thank you Kris

Im gonna sum things up and let this thred go.........

I get a kick outta runnin SAW, Its different and not ruled by conventional thinking or design. I have went outta my way to not step on toes on my posts suggesting only that this worked with my setup or using a powerhead that was not popular at the time to get a different view.

If I recall correct, Boat Racer agreed with my using a 3.5 dropped nose Dumas cowl and said it was a "good call" to get the boat to handel without adding weight. Also I use a moveable radio box to set CG for the same reason.

I really dont know what happined here, but as it was said before by myself and Chris and James,

Good Luck to all, and have Some Fun while your doing it

Gene

I have raced karts for 8 years and cars for 12..... and every sanctioning body has " Technical Inspection ".... In karts they check the oil in the crankcase before and after..... The fuel is sucked out by a pumping system and redisturbuted

back in to the tanks as you line up to set the field...so if anyone has a additive everyone gets a little......

Now at the " Time Trials " is there any tests of the fuel that is being run by each contestant before the start of there engines...!!!!!!!!!! I ask this question not to point fingers...I ask because I have never been to one.... and don't know what is done besides the two way pass......

Know if it is on the honor system then this is not acceptable !!!

Hi all,

My name is Jimmy Johnson and I am the guy who was driving the boat that has seemed to drum up a bit of contraversy here. I don't know what Boat Racer's intent was, but it sure fired some of you up. I, on the other hand, don't have the same opinion. I come from a very extensive tunnel boat background, mostly from the full sized counterparts. I have been involved with model boats for over 20 years and I've know Tommy Lee since 1978,before he was a modeler.I'm not trying to toot-my-horn,but I would like to let you know my experience. All of you racers out there who are continually trying to set the bar a little higher(or alot depending on your goals) deserve a great big "atta-boy".I've seen alot of the pictures posted on this thread and some are quite interesting. I beleive in the "nothing ventured-nothing gained" saying, so keep plugging away guys.

We all are seeing numbers that are history making!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy J.

Hi Jimmy and welcome to the forum :D

Way ta go on the recent records, the Amigos are a fast crew fer sure!!!

And on a different note:

I'll take the IMPBA Outboard Director up on a standing offer,

To test at his practice pond, couple runs on radar when I get the new hull done.

Later Dudes,

Gener ;)

Jimmy,

WAY TO GO!! That also goes for your teammates in going after and setting the bar higher than expected. :D One day I may try to get the speed itch..

Gener,

Don't go <_< I miss ya already :p

Mark..

Mark, Im still here....... Just tryn to get my fingers unglued from my forehead to type :lol: :lol:

Man this new bottle of CA is stout!!!!! :p

Gene

How many times have you glued your shorts to your leg.....??? :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

I bet I have you beat..... :lol: :lol:

Slideblues said:
Mark, Im still here....... Just tryn to get my fingers unglued from my forehead to type :lol: :lol: Man this new bottle of CA is stout!!!!! :p
hahaha

I know the feeling..... A little bit of me goes in every boat i build...... really..... I have a bad habbit of glueing myself to the boat :D

Anyone enjoy the sensation of getting CA in the eye yet? <_< Did that once myself. :( Finger was stuck and pulled real hard, splat, right on the eye.. After 2 liters of saline, all was gone.. :blink:

Sure did piss off the nurse though. She had me read an eye chart before the process and I read the 20/20 line perfectly. :p

Mark...

Anybody going to the race in Huntsville or the record trials the following weekend?

Im runnin APBA SAW trials in 05..........

Good luck to all and hope ta see ya in the record books ;)

Tom,

Lock this post down, Im done with the friggin attitudes on this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back