SAW Files

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now thats Results!!!! :D

Big Congrats to the Seismic Amigo's team!!!!

Also cool that you guy's take turn's drivin,

Gene ;)

Phase III Racing: Maybe I need a younger co-driver :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Slideblues said:
Now thats Results!!!!   :D Big Congrats to the Seismic Amigo's team!!!!

Also cool that you guy's take turn's drivin,

Gene    ;)

Phase III Racing: Maybe I neeed a younger co-driver   :lol:
More results. Record just changed again to 77.31. One way pass of 78.1. I'm telling you that there's 80 there.

Mark Grim just bumped his own X Hydro record to 119.49. The water is good right now, but expect it to get bad in the afternoon.

By the way, when that .45 Record was set yesterday at 74.1 it was 85 degrees and 2,500 denisty altitude.

Keep checking back. Those .67 Tunnel records were set in the afternoon when the .45 could not run.

In the Seismic Amigos team there are three to four boats that normally run as team boats. The Sport 60, Sport X, and Unlimited Hydro NAMBA records held by D&M Racing are actually two Seismic Amigos team members (Don Maher & Mark Grim). Chris Grim and Vince Henderson have run .21 OB Hydro as a team (T&A Racing) and Jimmy and I run .45 Hydro and Scale as a team (Seismic Racing).

77.31 , Wow that thing must be really hooked up. Last time I saw your boat run I was thinking of building a 45 SAW tunnel but you,ve raised the bar a bit to high, I think I'll pass. Great job and also congrats to Mark Grim on the X hydro record.

Mike

Mike Bontoft said:
77.31 , Wow that thing must be really hooked up. Last time I saw your boat run I was thinking of building a 45 SAW tunnel but you,ve raised the bar a bit to high, I think I'll pass. Great job and also congrats to Mark Grim on the X hydro record.Mike
Thanks Mike. We look forward to seeing you in November.

Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for some time and I couldn't help but to register and put in my 2 cents on this topic.

I find it amazing that, with all the talk that goes on about how to go fast and who is going to go fast, only one person has had a comment here after Seismic Amigo's went 77.31 in a 7.5cc mod tunnel. Apparently, these are the guys who can deliver. So far, everyone else is just talking.

I can say from experience that there is a lot more to going fast in a tunnel hull than is typically discussed here. It is my sincere hope that people actually pick up some books and read about what they are talking about. Is there speed left on the table with the current hull designs? Yes, of course there is. Is it 6mph? Not likely, or someone would have done it. Just the comments about frontal area made me chuckle. Most of the boats I have seen pictures of posted on these various outboard threads have similar frontal areas for their class, and no single boat has a clear advantage over another. I do want to encourage everyone to go after these records as the sport can only benefit from it.

I'll take this opportunity to applaud the guys at Seismic Amigo's for raising the bar. According to the weather data, it was in the high 80's when the record was set. I'll bet that these guys go 81+ in the fall or the spring. GO FOR IT!

Welcome Boat Racer :D

I try to keep things generalized, but on the question of reduced frontal, I agree the pics of the hulls posted, There is not a clear advantage, But I can say this... In my testing past 55 mph on up there is a difference on the Dumas 3.5 cowl over the 7.5 blunter nose, Not in as much speed wise but more the handeling of the hull as it accelerates. For my setup the reduced frontal ( dropped nose position ) is more of a using the aerodynamics already there to the best advantage.

Gene ;)

I'd have to agree with Chris on comments he made previously regarding the appearance of the boats. There are boats out there that don't care to maintain a somewhat scale appearance to the full sized boats, which is a shame. Let's keep them looking as scale as possible. I won't point any fingers here, but you know who you are!

Last edited:
CRAP..

I went to comment and some how Scr#$@ up Boat Racers post... CRAP. :angry:

Boat Racer my sincere apologies for this mistake..

Is there any chance you can repost what you were thinking.

Again sorry.. :unsure:

CRIPES... :(

Sorry

Grim the crapy moderator..

I was going to actually say something but just decided to summarize :D

But you know………

If you cant say something nice………

Isn’t it interesting how a Productive thread can change moods with one guys totally useless Toot-My-Little-Horn and tell you everything you did wrong after-the-fact attack post without adding one-single-Productive comment?

I just report…you decide :D

Boat Racer...(arent we all? :D ) we have a sort of unwritten rule at I waters about showing your real name. I am glad you decided to register and share your opinions, as this is what an "open" forum should be about, but it would be cool if we knew your real name, instead of just an alias.

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I respect anyone ,and there opinions, who has what it takes to put there name in the record books. Its certainly no easy feat, but, If a person has a "theory" about what he or she thinks will work, why not let it be? Like I have said before, If my design flops, Ill be the first to admit it. Then i'll build another one.

SAW boats, in my opinion, are not about "scale appearance". We (IMPBA) have a "scale" class for that (one that I have run in the past). To me its about making a boat in a particular engine/hull class (and staying within the hull requirments for the class) go as fast as possible in a straight line and be able to back it up.

I cant give you any written/recorded/factual proof about what my design will do. All I can do is tell you what Ive seen and done in testing this design, If you want more proof, you will have to wait until after speedweek in Valdosta.

Sorry about the ranting, im done for now....... :ph34r:

~James

Gene,

It’s been removed now but you must have missed his “I know everything and just sit back and chuckle at what you idiots are doing” post.

it went on about "you should pick up a book and learn something" and other attacks while going on to say absolutely nothing productive.

yes there have been some edits

Gener.....youve created a monster with this one.... :D

~James

P.S. will let you know about the pipe tonight.

~James

Hey James,

Yea, it would seem so......... :lol:

10-4 on tha pipe Buddy ;)

izitbrokeyet? said:
Gene,It’s been removed now but you must have missed his “I know everything and just sit back and chuckle at what you idiots are doing” post.

it went on about "you should pick up a book and learn something" and other attacks while going on to say absolutely nothing productive.

yes there have been some edits
At least you could quote what was really said without taking artistic liberties!

My comments lean to the big picture, and are not a cut on anybody's individual talents. I have never claimed to be a "know-it-all," but I do some things well. And yes, I have seen things on threads that I'd like to try sometime. If anyone took my comments as a direct jab, I apologize. It was not intended.

I still say that I am quite surprised that the participants here, sans one, have not passed on some congratulations to Chris and the gang on their achievement and some encouragement to go for 80+. This thread went dead silent when he posted the record. I can say that his credits are making me look at some of the equipment they use.

Grim Racer - I can't remember what the heck. I believe it had to do with what I have witnessed about dropping the nose on the Dumas, nose profile incidence to ride attitude and impact on downforce and drivability. I've seen pictures of your boats, but have not seen one run, by the way.

About the scale look, it's just my opinion. And I know how much that is worth! (Insert your comment here......)

Well, apparently I've caused enough trouble, so I'll go back to lurking. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

bye........
wavebye.gif
....you'll be missed

please consider posting your name next time.....it might give some gravity to your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back