SAW tunnel/Rev3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

As everyone is aware tradeoffs and rev changes are the score, so here we go................ 8)

She gonna be all WOF fer starts, Gonna be three design's involved, Sponsons are here, another center section is commin.

Bout All I gonna say right now is its 30" long, The rest............Welllllll......... Stay tuned :D

Warped as always,

Gene ;D

Why do I keep hearin Megadeth..........Da Dum......Da Da De Da Dum.............. ;)

Re:SAW tunnel design.......

Its poisin my freind.

Da da da...da da da. dadada da da da.... ;D

It never ends does it Gene.......... 8)

get this one finished so we can see your name in the record books finally, Im sure its gona be cool.

~ James

Yep, I'm one sick puppy!!!! 8) ;D

When ya have knocked at the door, it eats at ya till you do something about it.

Got enough time and spares so I gonna kick the **** thing down this time ;)

Ha, Ha,

Gene ;D

Startin off with a 3.5 lower, With a little skeg mod from Jack G. Add a stainless flex tube and the lower is done,

Hey Oscar,

Here it is after the mod, you want about 1/2" at the bottom after you cut, then just be sure to get it centered when you resharpen.

Extended mount from PB Racing.

Center section for the first runs will be a S-1 in WOF,

Others are:

TF, in std build

Outta the box, std build

Powerhead and pipe ? ;D

Well that's the big question, I have been gathering info on the N/R Tops, and others, But it's like chasing chickens, ya run all over and wind up with a hand full of feathers!!!! :p

Specific to what crank will fit what, what p/s interchanges with what, number of ports etc.......

Anyone have any info ya want to let go off, Let me know ;)

Gene ;D

Hey Kev,

Nice boat by the way!!!! I do my radio boxes different on the SAW boats, have for about three years now, I make a WAY short box and lay the servos on their sides, either side by side, or one in front of the other on angeled aluminum mounts. And then on the lid I use aileron exits for throttle and steering. I only use one 4-40 control rod for steering rigged pull right, Ala hydro.

Gene ;D

Ha,Ha, Well I have seen a mod that you remove the skeg on the lower and add smaller thinner one to the side of the cav plate.

Dont know Dude, sounds scary ta me :eek:

Gene ;D

Phase III Racing: A little skeg is better than no skeg at all...... :p

Gene,

Well, I would imagine getting the boat to track while coming up on pipe would get a little scary, but after that for the actual runs it may be okay. But if any course correction due to prop walk or wind etc is needed it could be a handful! :eek:

If you go to the side mounted skeg it means you could experiment with different size ones or none at all!

How about building a gear reduction onto the unit so you could use a normal rotation NR and BIG props! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: How much torque can you handle..?

Back