new .21 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Paul,..

I'm no exhaust expert but I have done a lot of reading. From what I have read this really is NOT an optimum header set up. Any abrupt changes in direction will reduce velocity in exiting gases. I've got to think that it will also reduce the rebounding wave from the divergent cone of the pipe.

I'm going to have to come run this .21 with you guys in the spring and see if I can compete at all,,.. It's running pretty well now I think,.. a better header should improve things even more.

I was hoping someone with alot of background in the engine and exhaust flow side of the hobby would have given an opinion. There are alot of different things that make everything work together. Yes everything will work missing a few details but in the end until all details are worked out you havent reached the potential.

Just buy a nova header from Glenn. You can bend the header to angle it away from your cowl. I have done it for years, by mounting the header in a vice, and inserting a wooden dowl rod in the end of the header, and bending the header to fit your application. Hint.... heat the area that you want to bend, with a propane torch. Easy does it, with the heat, though. You can even bend a slight up sweep in the header, so your pipe will line up better. Richard D

on my .12 my header makes my tunepipe to tight against my cowl. need a header that curves out wider. If not I have to cut and add alittle and get it tiged welded on the center part of the curve to get it/kick out better.

Last edited by a moderator:
on my .12 my header makes my tunepipe to tight against my cowl. need a header that curves out wider. If not I have to cut and add alittle and get it tiged welded on the center part of the curve to get it/kick out better.
:blink: HUH??????? :blink:

:blink: HUH??????? :blink:
I shouldve said I wished there was a header like anthony has on his rigger that was for a .12-.18 engine. I have to customize my header.sorry if i was off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony,

How did the propellers work for you.

Any results?

Remember they want hard data to back up your test results. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Anthony,

How did the propellers work for you.

Any results?

Remember they want hard data to back up your test results. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Yes, hard data, so be sure to post prop, speeds, acceleration and handling of each test.

Back