ML Boatworks NS295 Gen2 Nitro .21 Tunnels and Gas Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, we had our club pond clean up day today. When most of the work was done a few members got some boats wet. One of the boats was a TS3 with the UL 1 motor and speed controller in it. Pretty impressive power setup for a .21 size tunnel.

Yeah I agree - the power is pretty well in line with 21 size hulls & it's not using the top of the line running gear! For this particular nitro racer, P spec's been a great entry point into electrics so far! I only had a P215 on it for the shakedown runs and the speed wasn't bad at all. I didn't put the truthalizer on it given that it was the first time out for it, but would guestimate high 40's easily. I will try some more suitable props next time out! So far the PS295 has really impressed me with it's handling and feel!

I definately got my tunnel racing fix yesterday, having raced Sport, Mod and P spec! B) The rigger's stayed at home - I need a bigger trailer!

Yeah I agree - the power is pretty well in line with 21 size hulls & it's not using the top of the line running gear! For this particular nitro racer, P spec's been a great entry point into electrics so far! I only had a P215 on it for the shakedown runs and the speed wasn't bad at all. I didn't put the truthalizer on it given that it was the first time out for it, but would guestimate high 40's easily. I will try some more suitable props next time out! So far the PS295 has really impressed me with it's handling and feel!

I definately got my tunnel racing fix yesterday, having raced Sport, Mod and P spec! B)   The rigger's stayed at home - I need a bigger trailer!
Looks like I'll have to get building and get mine out!TL

Pulled this one from the dead. Got back on the gas tunnel plug last week. Got all the damage fixed and got the first coat of urethane primer sprayed. Its looking more like a part now than a blob!

2012-08-13_07-09-50_562.jpg

2012-08-11_16-30-33_646.jpg

2012-08-14_07-15-08_790.jpg

Im not real sure yet. If i did, they would have to go separately from your kit orders. A guy named John Cambell emailed me about getting a gs480 kit as well. I told him you and Greg are looking into one, and i asked if he knew you guys? If so, maybe we ship all the gs480 kits to AU at the same time?? Let me know, Mike

That would be fine Mike. Can you find out where John lives and pm me what town or city he is in,

Cheers,

Dion.

Well, My final list build has finally finished. Now I can work on new designs, and builds for myself more! I might try and get that cowling plug finished this week as well. Yay....

2012-08-18_18-22-10_795.jpg

2012-08-18_18-22-18_997.jpg

2012-08-19_10-42-01_232.jpg

2012-08-20_07-28-12_633.jpg

2012-08-20_07-28-31_546.jpg

Wow, this boat looks very familiar. Oh yeah, I have one............ :D Another nice build Mike. Does the owner realize they are purchasing a race proven and race winning design??????? Good luck to the person it is going to and tell them if they need any help with setup, let me know. Gotta keep these GS480's in the winners circle......... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ron,

I wish I could say that was mine, but alas, I will have to build mine myself( which I do enjoy) and try to get it looking that nice!! I will hit you and Mike up for tips on the setup when I get there! Feel free to put up any build process pics- always good to see others work!!

Cheers,

Dion.

Well, after the gelcoat puckering yet again after spraying it on the plug, im done with it. I dont need the headache. If anyone wants it to clean it up and make a mold to sell cowls for it let me know. I am not spending more time or money on it. Its very fixable, but i am out of patience. I will post pics later. Mike

Mike. How did your mold turn out? I didn't see a picture of it above, just the plug you created.

Never got that far. Dick said he would take it and see if he could get it fixed. Mike

Back