ML Boatworks NS295 Gen2 Nitro .21 Tunnels and Gas Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I wanted to share some NS295 Gen2 builds I am finishing up for Larry Conrad and Wayne Johnstone, and some pics of Buddy Lowes GS480 gas tunnel build. Seam sealing and a coat of West Systems will finish up the two .21 tunnels.

I don't get the opportunity to build to many of the Nitro .21 tunnels as the PS295 FE tunnel has always been the more popular hull. In turn, I have never really had the opportunity to discuss this hull on IW. Since the beginning, I have always been trying new things to make a good hull a little better. The whole 295 lineup received some small sponson changes and stumble pad change in the last month after some great feedback by my drivers. We found a small adjustment helps settle the boat coming into a turn without having to back of the thottle, and the change did not scrub speed threw the straights, so it was a nice addition. The 295 has always had a very free running ride pad and loosing that positive was not something I wanted to allow! This change should really make the boat a great contender in the future.

Another thing I am wanting to show off is I finally finished a cowling for the 295 that can finally be called its own. The 295 has always used the Dumas 3.5 cowling as it looked good, and functioned as I needed. The 295 now comes standard with an ABS cowling, and an optional fiberglass cowling like the one shown below. (The ABS version looks just like the glass version). Another option that is pictured is the Mahogany top decks. It definately adds a nice touch!

There are also some pics of Buddy Lowes new GS480 Gas Tunnel build. The World Tunnel champs is looking to have (3) GS480 gassers this year. Should be awesome!

Mike Luszcz

www.ml-boatworks.com

DSCF3396.jpg

DSCF3397.jpg

DSCF3399.jpg

DSCF3322.jpg

DSCF3398.jpg
DSCF30461024x768.jpg

The whole 295 lineup received some small sponson changes and stumble pad change in the last month after some great feedback by my drivers. We found a small adjustment helps settle the boat coming into a turn without having to back of the thottle, and the change did not scrub speed threw the straights, so it was a nice addition. The 295 has always had a very free running ride pad and loosing that positive was not something I wanted to allow! This change should really make the boat a great contender in the future.
Hi Mike,

I haven't attached the sponsons or stumble pads to the PS295 kit I got from you a few months ago but they are all built. Can these new revisions be incorporated at this point by me or is there major stuff involved?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, yes they can be done! Its very simple and a scrap piece of ply can get the job done. I am away from the house right now. When i can get on the computer to email u pics. Working from my phone!

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words.

Mike

Mike, could I get some pics of the change to the sponsons and stumble pads also?

Thanks.

Bill
Bill,

If you look at the 295 from the transom end of the boat, simply double the thickness of the final ride pad, (its approx 1" wide that tapers off as it nears the front of the sponson), on the right(starboard) sponsom bottom. This extra 1/16" depth really helps the boat turn at full speed without the need for "burping" the throttle to set the boat for a turn. Be sure to match perfectly and sand to assure a perfect match with the existing pad...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

I like the cowl. I thought it was one of mine. Nice job!

I couldn't help but to notice the reinforcement you put in the PS radio box now. Can I get two sets ( PM me please)?

One last thing I would like to share. Lights and I made a change on our NS builds. We didn't place any foam between the rear of the radio box to the transom. We then cut the decking out in that area and sanded it a bit to fit in the same spot, glued it. This will allow for a lower COG for placement of the fuel tank. It also provides easier excess to the lower transom bolts. I'll put a pic up soon.

Keep up the great work!

TL

IMAG0656.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, yes they can be done! Its very simple and a scrap piece of ply can get the job done. I am away from the house right now. When i can get on the computer to email u pics. Working from my phone!

Mike
Very cool Mike - thanks in advance! If you need my address again, shoot me a pm please.

Tim

Mike

I like the cowl. I thought it was one of mine. Nice job!

I couldn't help but to notice the reinforcement you put in the PS radio box now. Can I get two sets ( PM me please)?

One last thing I would like to share. Lights and I made a change on our NS builds. We didn't place any foam between the rear of the radio box to the transom. We then cut the decking out in that area and sanded it a bit to fit in the same spot, glued it. This will allow for a lower COG for placement of the fuel tank. It also provides easier excess to the lower transom bolts. I'll put a pic up soon.

Keep up the great work!

TL
Tim, Nope, its wider than the one you guys do for me for the QS370/NS370. Its weird, your cowling is a perfect fit for the 37" hull, but not the 295! What exactly are you talking about the reinforcement in the radio box? I didnt change anything? Let me know what you mean!

Mike
Very cool Mike - thanks in advance! If you need my address again, shoot me a pm please.

Tim
Tim, gonna PM you in a minute. It really is simple. Ron Shaw actually explained the process on the first page. Talk soon, Mike

Mike what does a nitro boat go for. Dave
Dave, please check out my website for more details, www.ml-boatworks.com

I will say the standard hull is $310 plus shipping. It includes the hull with radio box, and ABS cowling. If you opt for the fiberglass cowling its an additional $15.

I wish I could offer the hull cheaper, but it is still within the range of the other glass hulls available. My problem is these are fully hand made, and its a lot of labor hours!

Thanks, Mike

Back