new .21 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

THis is a video of a .21 riger I designed using some numbers from the JAE. (afterplan, sponson widths etc) It's running a N/R 5port, OPS 3280 pipe, AB mod 1450 and GR 50% fuel.

Really looking for comments and suggestions. Feedback on speed , RPM,.. etc... the video quality sucks... so comments on attitude are going to be tough...

THe boat picks up speed in the last 1/3 of the video. The motor is still cool when I bring it in and touch the head,.. the water is already restricted,. maybe restrict some more...

Let me hear it,.. good or bad... VERY NICE FALL DAY,.. DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER....

Last edited by a moderator:
There are about 3-4 guys that still go and run there sometimes.. Usually it's just me. The lake is so low the bouy stays are ABOVE the water,.. bad day if you hit one!!!,... Thanks!

Boat looks great, maybe shorten the pipe a bit to get the r's up? :rolleyes:

Is that Waterfront pond in Indy? You guys still running there?

like Terry said, shorten the pipe. Shorten it untill you can no longer let off and cruise at half throttle, then mash it and it will jump back on pipe. When you reach the point that it falls off, and wont come back on, lengthen it back out an 1/8 inch until you can let off, then smash it and have it jump back up on pipe. Im running my 3280 at 7 3/4 inches in my sport 20 boat.

Hi Anthony congrats on your new project.Boat runs on rails but It could improve rpms and speed for sure with more adjustments...anyway its not an easy task have a superb boat before lot of tests.

Good luck and still doing a great job.

Gill

What cup and dia. on the 1450? How much run time on the motor? How is the plug after a run? Try and build some more heat in the motor, by restricting the water some more, if its cool to the touch. Boat looks good on the water. Thanks for posting the video. Richard D

Anthony,

It looks like a Zipp 1450 and too long of pipe length to me.

I would get a Wood S-pipe and stinger it down to .282" and

cut down to 7.5". I can send you some good test propellers.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi

What is the pipe lenght?

What is the diameter and cup of the prop?

To my ear is sounds like it run too cool.

Jorgen

Well,.. it's a 1450 I bought off the site here done by AB. The pipe is a OPS3280 at about 7 7/8. Sounds like I need to go alot shorter.

Some props to test would be awesome!

Anthony,

I would get a Wood S-pipe and stinger it down to .082" and

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Before you go shorter, or buy other pipes, restrict the water until the head feels warm/hot when you come in.

This will help a lot to get more power and rpm.

After this you could shorten the pipe like 1/8" at the time and see what your limit is with this set up.

Can you measure the diameter of the prop?

Jorgen

Anthony,

I would get a Wood S-pipe and stinger it down to .082" and

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
What does that even mean?

Please explain this...

Joe

Joe,

You need a diameter and cup on that propeller so people know what they are running.

We cannot help people when they don't even know what they are running. Also, what

kind of material did you use in your 1450? Joe, I am not bashing your propeller, just

asking that you sell more information with it. Cup? Pitch? Diameter? That way we can

help a boater figure what is wrong or right with their set up. If you would like I can

measure your propeller so you can sell the information with the propeller. I index all

of my customers work so they know what is in their prop box. And I am not sure if you know

Joe that I have tested many propellers on these boats and I have quite lengthy notes on the

right set up. 1445's work quite well as do H-5's,H-6's,and H-7's. If you would ask me for some

help, I would help you out even more with your boat kit and set up directions.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Anthony,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
What does this mean?

Please explain this in a non question form.

Anthony,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
What does this mean?

Please explain this in a non question form.

It means Mark knows what Anthony needs before he even collects the facts! :)

seriously guys, keep this thread on topic. You have an issue with Mark, take it to Pm's please. Anthony stated that he was running a 1450 (which IMHO, his motor isnt pulling to its potential) And I also figured it was your prop Joe. Just because the rigger is a JAE based design, and alot of the guys tend to buy it all in one place. Not saying thats a bad thing. To me, looks like Mark offered him some good props to test with, IE, a variety, that he knows work from his testing. After all, the guy does thousands of props a year... Andy most likely knows a handful of props also, as so do you im sure, Joe. So lets not start a "whos is bigger" match here.

Anthony, I would take the pipe in forsure, and see how it pulls that prop.

Guys,

The prop is

Andy Brown 1450 S&B 46.5mm Cup 3.2". I'm thinking the prop is good,, maybe... I think I need to shorten the pipe and get the engine hot.

It looks alot like the 1450 I got from Zipp,.. it ran good also.

If you take time to look at the last 1/4 of the video you see that the speed does pick up, probably from the motor getting a little leaner. I think it's still a bit rich and that would explain some of the lack of heat. I put a piece of antennae tube inside the water line right above the rudder and tie wrapped the line on. The piece is only about 1/4 in long. I can put a longer piece in there and restrict it a little more, at least in theory...

Back