Kep's 21 Freebie Outrigger PDF template drawing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from what i have seen there are more rear exhaust motors on the market! i think that is why. (rear exhaust = front of boat right?)
Down loaded the file to SD card to day and took it to staples. they printed out 2 copies of each file for $15. each file printed out at 100% and came out on different size paper. Thank you for the down load!!!!! Found two rossi 3x2 port 21 just looking for a home.
Sweet. :)

Good luck with your build(s)!

Just a pic of my build so far. I call it Rossi under glass. Looks like a Ferrari.

I am almost done just waiting for rudder and strut from you know who. Here is the boat ready for seal coat not sure what the final look will be.

Going to use Rossi 22R21 to test. Bough a Rossi Cobra case to build up X1 EVO with on road sleeve and crank. I am going to get top of case machined for water cool cap like on my other Rossi. Just need to find carb too support 45000RPM.

Bought all the stuff to build FE version also.

Hear are some pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

Nice Job on the build.

1.) I would mount your Irwin pipe on the left side of the boat.

You don't want to cool your pipe in the turns.

2.) The pipe stinger exit goes on the bottom with a Irwin pipe.

I would make sure you drill a little hole in the very back of the pipe

for oil to drain out.

3.) Good luck pulling that S.S. propeller. :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

David,
Nice Job on the build.

1.) I would mount your Irwin pipe on the left side of the boat.

You don't want to cool your pipe in the turns.

2.) The pipe stinger exit goes on the bottom with a Irwin pipe.

I would make sure you drill a little hole in the very back of the pipe

for oil to drain out.

3.) Good luck pulling that S.S. propeller. :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund
The prop is just for the pic. Going to try to turn it in my FE setup. When you going to hook me up with a prop now that you seen the boat.

The eng has a mod crank .390 bore and timing set on sleeve at 186 ex ,127 trans ,131 boost, .006 head clearnce and 10 to 1 comp.

David,

With that pipe you will be lucky to see 26,000 RPM.

I can send you something to get you started.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

who did the piston work?
chris
I did all the work on the eng.

I am a little worried about the 90 deg transition on the skrit. the K&b 7.5 I did lost a chunk at this spot. So I took extra time to make sure the coners had a radis and nice pollish. the profile uncovers all the ports at BDC.

Almost ready just waiting for custom square drive shaft.
I've raced my Kep's 21 with the muffled pipe on the right hand side of the tub without noticing any bad side effects though from the water spray... But with that said, the only reason I have it there is that we use a NAVIGA style numberplate on the left side of the tub and I dont want the numberplate too far back. If I had no plate there I would put the pipe on the left side also. :)

David,
With that pipe you will be lucky to see 26,000 RPM.

I can send you something to get you started.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark

Thank you for the prop to get started. Got the square drive shaft from Aeromarine today also.

This weekend I will try it out. Along with my new cal craft.

By the way that prop looks like a piece of art.

Thanks,

David Wilfong

question..... might sound silly but is there a reason for the chine cut on the sponsons?

No, its just for the looks. It will reduce the frontal area ever so slightly but you wont notice any difference I think.

Finally I was in the water for the first time this season yesterday May 24... It has been a long off-season working and building some new boats...

I have just now made a new blog with some pics and video of my latest version of the Kep's .21 rigger as in "2009" spec.

Check it out -> http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/05/first...keps-21-09.html

Do note, I have no intentions right now to make it into a new "Freebie". Heck, its not even developed yet. :p The video shows it being in the drink for the second tank of fuel ever. The engine was equally new at the time = it had ONE tank of fuel run through it prior to the video shot...

I'll upload some detail shots of the "09" later in the week if you're interested.

Have fun building and boating!

9491_NE_Keps09.jpg

9492_NE_Keps09.jpg

9494_NE_Keps09.jpg

9496_NE_Keps09.jpg

Niklas,

More parts and propellers are on the way.

We need to find you a better shorter pipe.

Thanks For The Video,

Mark Sholund

Niklas,
More parts and propellers are on the way.

We need to find you a better shorter pipe.

Thanks For The Video,

Mark Sholund
Ahh - sweetness. :p I was just about to check with you about the status.

The first wet-day was just that - a first day to brake it in... B) The fat pipe was on just because I know what to expect so to speak. I will test some more and I have some other items in the bag also. :rolleyes: Send me an mail if you have any suggestions... :)

The google/blogger videos get kind of small also - I need to sign up for an YouTube account and upload some there - it's hopefully better quality over there...!?

the you tube vids arnt bad at all! nice stuff on the new boat so far!

Latest posts

Back