New KEP's T2 .21 PDF Freebie (soon)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, here are pics of my first build from plans, with some poetic license :D . I've made adjustable rear boom and my own engine mount.2013-21-1.jpg2013-21-2.jpg2013-21-3.jpg

Nice! :)

The engine looks to be mounted more horizontal also (and lower) - you plan to use an S-bend flex?

I also like to try and mount my motors as low as possible in the boat. Get the CG lower to the water

Ok, the new KEPs T2-21's and a couple of proto T2-44's are painted (today). Build articles will follow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Niklas I have built and am running a T2 now, it is a very good boat! Handles well, rides well on the water and looks like it will handle ruff water also. (Ok a B Hydro needs pretty smooth water to run at speed.) Loved the build articles and they really helped me in this project. I have several JAE's and this build was harder then a JAE but it does have some good design features and it SHOULD be a solid boat for the B class. (I have a NR 7 port and a Wood's S pipe). Any path to have a 45 size? Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

That sounds lovely. :)

Yes, the T2 is not an "easy" boat to build as its tight in its design etc.

Raced my first race this weekend with the "production" T2-21 and it feels easier to drive then my two protos. I won nats 1 in hydro 3.5 but it was challenging weather and conditions with sunshine, calm, windy, rain and cold = low points.

45: well we where registered for that also but we booth withdrawed pre-race as there's some major issues with lack of" fuel feed" when the pipe kicked in. But the boat seems to have b i g potential but we need to develop and race it for a season at least. :)

We had a race last week and the t2 did great! Won 2 heats but had some issue in one heat with 5 dead boats and did not finish that heat. Would like to do a 45 size next. Thx
Nice. :)

We have a couple of development stuff we used on our T2-21's. Slightly different ski's (less AoA and a different design idea) and different turn-fins (less area then stock = shorter and a more sloped design in various versions). I made 5 new fins to test but ended up with using the first fin I added to the boat. And that was the easiest boat Ive driven in years. When calm. But the last race of the day in 3.5 booth me and Micke driving the T2-21 was the only boat seing the checkered in high wind and very rough/short/choppy water and rain.

T2-44: we'll see when we are finished with the R&D of them... :rolleyes: Basically it's of course a sort of scaled-up T2-21 even though I have drawn it from scratch in its bigger size. The boat has big potential but way, way too early to say anything conclusive or go into details of it. It weights 2630 g though (no fuel) and that's exactly 1kg more then my T2-21's. B) :)

I can also tell you that Neon Violette (House of Kolor) is a very cool color in the sun, seing it up close. Not so much when out on the race course - then its a bit too dark. Even darker when over cast/rain. Oops. :blink: :p

I can also tell you that Neon Violette (House of Kolor) is a very cool color in the sun, seing it up close. Not so much when out on the race course - then its a bit too dark. Even darker when over cast/rain. Oops. :blink: :p
Hi Niklas,I've had the T2 plan scaled up in size to run a novarossi 46 in, could there be any issues with just scaling up the T2 21, or will it be ok, I cant see a problem, but i thought it was worth asking the designer of the boatthanksShane

Latest posts

Back