JAE.21G plans are officially released!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new JAE.21G2 has been tested and it appears to be "bullet-proof"..so.here goes..drumroll :)

THE JAE.21G2 PLANS ARE OFFICIALLY RELEASED....

Niklas Edlund will have the PDF plans on his ne-stuff website for downloading. http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/

The plans will also be available very soon on the Zippkits website...... http://www.zippkits.com/

Once again download on a CD,take to Kinkos and reproduce on 24" X 36" sheets scaled 1 : 1.....

"NEWS FLASH".......

The kit from Zippkits should be available by 12-1-2009....Joe Petro will have to comment or confirm that date when he sees this post.

To the best of my knowledge Zippkits will have a hardware kit [less motor mount] available for the JAE.21G2.

Once again Joe Petro will have to confirm just exactly what Zippkits is going to offer.

Be patient boys,this whole JAE train is movin' blister fast and JAE is doing its best to stay on the train. ;)

Joe Solinger at www.solingerrc.co has the motor mounts for the JAE.21G2 already in stock.

Joe will also be releasing a flywheel conversion kit for use on 1/4-28 SG shaft car engines.

The kit will convert any size motor with a 1/-28 SG crank to a flywheel for marine use.

The flywheel kits are about 4 weeks away but Joe will be starting a list for early orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm just the "JAE syndicate" messenger... :) Happy to do it though!

I hope the pdf's will be up and downloadable quite soon. Need to wait a while to get hold of a ftp set-up on our company webserver where I will host them. The guy that does it was at our work today (all day) at a meeting we had that runned a little late. He hoped he could set it up tonight but it could be Thursday evening also (he has a day time job also)... But on Friday at the latest they will be up. Sorry for keeping you on your downloading toes. LOL

I will also re-direct the Kep's freebie pdf drawings at the same time so they're more easily downloadable.

Ciao, Niklas

Thanks for offering these plans at no cost to everyone. It is really a cool thing you guys are doing. This will be my first rigger, and I will be setting mine up as FE so it should be a fun project! Thanks again, Mike

Thanks for offering these plans at no cost to everyone. It is really a cool thing you guys are doing. This will be my first rigger, and I will be setting mine up as FE so it should be a fun project! Thanks again, Mike
YAY another person doing one in FE. I kind of gave up on the .12 due to it's size (still loved building the kit). Mind if I get with you about a few ideas I been thinking about?

Tino, That would be great to work with someone on this for FE. I will be printing the plans out in the next couple of days to look it over more. I have so many projects on the table right now that it may be a week or two before I can get started. Talk soon, Mike

Spoon and Tino, I would be glad to help you out with any fe info. that I can provide. I have been building niklas edlunds keps .21 a lot lately ...built 6 of his hulls in 4s and 6s setups. (his blog, is where the pdf is downloaded from One of my fe keps is on there as well). My jae .21 is almost done. I scaled it up a few inches bigger than the real jae .21, but its pretty close. I just liked the bigger stance for rougher water, AND to hold heavy lipos, size helps.

Patrick

Spoon and Tino, I would be glad to help you out with any fe info. that I can provide. I have been building niklas edlunds keps .21 a lot lately ...built 6 of his hulls in 4s and 6s setups. (his blog, is where the pdf is downloaded from One of my fe keps is on there as well). My jae .21 is almost done. I scaled it up a few inches bigger than the real jae .21, but its pretty close. I just liked the bigger stance for rougher water, AND to hold heavy lipos, size helps.

Patrick

Pat and Mike I'll head over to OSE and post on yurkanip's post so we don't have to hijack this thread anymore.

Oh, is there a thread for it on OSE? Maybe in the boat building section or elsewhere? Let me know, Mike

I've got to ask when building with a rear induction motor (MAC) would the motor location need changing with the slightly heavier motor and the pipe way more backwards? Other then that looking forward to see it go.

And thanks to all who make this design available!

I've got to ask when building with a rear induction motor (MAC) would the motor location need changing with the slightly heavier motor and the pipe way more backwards? Other then that looking forward to see it go.

And thanks to all who make this design available!
It does not matter. It has been tested with both types of engines. 180 and over the flywheel exhaust.The hull runs the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
How wide are the sponsons and centerski ?
The plans and kit are going to be 1-1/4" for both.......you can take the ski down to 1" wide if you want but don't go any narrower....you will not be happy if you do.

The 1-1/4" width on the ski does not affect performance in any way and it makes the boat easier to launch.........

Thanks Rod.

Do you have any idea when the JAE 45 version will be available ?
Maybe never if I get asked that question one more time........ :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just kiddin'....Seriously,We are working on the plans right now.......we have run the JAE.45H prototype and it is a beast however we want to try

a couple more things before the final decision is made when to release.

The .45 boat is also sharing development time with the Gas and twin JAE boat......

Right now we are not ready to commit to any release date for the JAE.45 boat but it isnt to far off......

Back