JAE.21G plans are officially released!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The JAE .21G2 drawings are uploaded and ready for downloading @ my blog page now also. Just click the links in the top of the menu to the right on the page. Have fun building! :)

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/jae-21g2-freebie.html

Do note you can also download them from Zippkits.com webpage.

http://www.zippkits.com/21g2plans.htm

how do i print these out to actual size?
Download the plans on to a CD.......Go to Kinkos and tell them you have PDF drawings on a CD and you

would like the files printed on to 24" X 36" sheets scaled 1 : 1.....

It will take about $15.00 and 15 minutes to get that accomplished.

Take the template sheet and put clear shipping tape over the templates front and rear....cut the templates out

with scissors and shazaam you are ready to transfer the templates to wood.

If you know a better way to do this then post it for everybody to see.

The more people buildin' the better.....buildin' is a ton more fun than buyin'...... ;)

The JAE .21G2 drawings are uploaded and ready for downloading @ my blog page now also. Just click the links in the top of the menu to the right on the page. Have fun building! :)

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/jae-21g2-freebie.html

Do note you can also download them from Zippkits.com webpage.

http://www.zippkits.com/21g2plans.htm

how do i print these out to actual size?
Download the plans on to a CD.......Go to Kinkos and tell them you have PDF drawings on a CD and you

would like the files printed on to 24" X 36" sheets scaled 1 : 1.....

It will take about $15.00 and 15 minutes to get that accomplished.

Take the template sheet and put clear shipping tape over the templates front and rear....cut the templates out

with scissors and shazaam you are ready to transfer the templates to wood.

The more people buildin' the better.....buildin' is a ton more fun than buyin'...... ;)
This is taken from my website. I actually use a pen with a little steel ball on it for tracing, but a sharpened dowel works too.

Lay carbon paper onto the wood, then lay your plans over the carbon paper. Tape the plans to the wood so the plans don't move when you are half way thru the trace. Take a dowel stick and sharpen it in a pencil sharpener. Instead of using a pencil to trace your parts to the wood, use the sharpened dowel stick so you don't leave any lines on your plans. Trace the plans the same way you would with a pencil. You will see an imprint in the paper as you trace so you will see where you have been and where you still need to go. When you are finished tracing, your plans will look the same as they did when you started the project.

Thanks Rod.

Do you have any idea when the JAE 45 version will be available ?
Maybe never if I get asked that question one more time........ :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just kiddin'....Seriously,We are working on the plans right now.......we have run the JAE.45H prototype and it is a beast however we want to try

a couple more things before the final decision is made when to release.

The .45 boat is also sharing development time with the Gas and twin JAE boat......

Right now we are not ready to commit to any release date for the JAE.45 boat but it isnt to far off......
Remember Rod, YOU (and some other folks i suppose) created this MONSTER! :D :D And i think its GREAT! I got my 12 boat back from Mike....havent even had time to open the darn box, but im sure it looks good! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I cleaned up some plans using Adobe illustrator (left just the outlines of the pieces) and took them to my local sign shop. Doubled the pieces I needed. They then cut them out of vinyl. Took em home, pulled off all the pieces (just like a sticker) and flopped them on my plywood. If folks would like and with the permision of the designers, I could do the same for these plans.

Be careful when taking the file to Kinko's. I took the Zippkits file and asked for it on a 24" x 36" scaled 1 to 1 and he said whats scaled 1 to 1 mean?

Well, it's on 24x36 paper but the hull is only 25" long instead of 27.75.LOL

Downloaded NE-stuff version of the plans ( higher res?) and am going to Office Max and try again, Stay tuned.

Jim @ Kinkos: sounds strange.

The JAE pdf's I have on my blogg is the original pdf's opened in Illustrator CS3 and I just added the new logos - then re-saved as pdf again from Illustrator (all left in original size of course)... Do they seem higher res to you?

At the printshop I use in Uppsala they normally shrink about 1-2 mm (@ tub lenght) -thats neglectible in my book. :)

Never really had any kind of problems from kinkos, from KEP's .21, JAE .12 and going for JAE .21 today lol. Maybe ya got the "new guy" Jim lol.

Here's another way to transfer templates printed with a laser printer. You only get a couple uses, but it's quick. Tape the template in place on the wood stock (ink side down) and use a hot iron to heat the ink and transfer the pattern. The template should stick slightly to the wood. Peel the paper away and you have printed wood, just like the old Guillows airplane kits.

Back from Office Max. Niklas, I took your set to OfficeMax and they came out perfect!

at Kinko's I used the Zippkit set that came out the wrong size and with poor resoultion.

I hope your right about me getting the "new guy" at Kinko's. LOL

When i got the Zippkits version I noticed it seemed off also! So I did the same thing as you Jim.

Back