46" Gas F1 tunnel build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left it over nite and sanded down all edges to remove excess cloth,need to give a light sanding down now ready for final coat of sealer.

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

Boat looks very good Darren what color do you paint ?

Here is my tune cylinder got it saturday,tuner said your boat is a lot faster with this cylinder we will see.

cylinder zenoah.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi martin

thanks,im still undecided on colours yet keep playing around with different ideas,so will see

Hopefully finish sanding down the canopy an false outboard cowl tomorrow.

Next stage is primer and marker coat,the a good old wet sand with 800g paper

awaiting delivery of heater for workshop as the temps are freezing at so hopefully wont be too long and i can get it painted.

Cylinder looks goods keep us posted on results.

Bit more done on the false outboard cowl,resined in the mesh and installed a piece of brass tube,this will connect to the exhaust tip using silicon pipe,mounting bracket all done and reinforced the area aswell.

all sanded down now and prepped for paint.

The main hull is almost ready just finishing of a couple of bit inside centerpod and the canopy needs final bit of filling and sanding.

Should have it all ready for paint by end of tomorrow.

False outboard cowl

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

Hi guys

These will be the final pics like this,cos the next time it will be covered in paint

all the prep work and construction is now completed.gotta say im real happy with how its turned out and looks so far,still undecided on colours though, but either way cant wait to get it painted and start the final part of the build ready for maiden voyage

DSC01601.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596-1.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

Now in primer,wet flatted ready for paint

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01603.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

Heres the 1st pics of it now in primer

Got my new heater now so its baking LOL

DSC01615.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

Pics of it with marker coat

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

Once fully hardened will wet sand with 800g till all nice and smooth,any black areas/where the marker coat is left behind these will be imperfections will sort these ares out and then ready to start the top coats/colours

Thanks hugh

Just hope it turns out ok when finished painted etc and more so performs as it should,only time will tell

Looks good Daz, maybe you can try to let the exhaust gas come out off the bottom of the engine cowl instead of the rear ??

Just build in a 90 degree curve.

Thanks mark

its done now,i did think about it,but the way iv done it supports the rear of the false cowl aswell

Hi guys just a quick update

Finally finished the wetsanding,next step is to sort the minor imperfections that have showed in the primer from the marker coat,then got to reprime and flat again,also picked up the basecoat colours and black for the outboard cowl

just need to get clearcoat but nowhere near ready for that yet so will pick that up next week.

DSC01629.jpg

Update

Reprimed the main yesterday and left to bake in workshop,got it all wetsanded today and just finished the big clean LOL,shes now ready for final colours hopefully tomorrow,just got to finish sorting out the canopy and get that reprimed and wetflatted.

Also decided on design so a trip down the grafix shop tomorrow with what i got etc and get that sorted while doing the basecoat colours.

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

Well guys,its all wetsanded now and ready for final paint so not far to go now

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

Been to grafix shop this morning and sorted them out,they will be ready in the next few days

Painted hull bottom,been baking in workshop for a few hrs now.

Just need to let it fully harden and give it a light wetflatting with some 1000g,and paint the top deck and canopy then lacquer the whole thing in 1 go.

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

looks great wish i had the cash to get into gas tunnels......btw what is the gas tunnel speed record? do they use mod engines or stock etc?

Thanks Ron

tbh i dont know about the record but this 1 should be pretty quick with the K30 in it.

Most run zens on there tunnels and a few run the RCMKs and get around 50-60mph depending of state of tune and setup etc

As a side note guys i have a outboard leg in reserve after doing a deal,will need to reconfigure the transom to bolt it on this 1 but i will more than likely build a new hull to suit and match the leg,all in good time,the main thing now is to test this build and work from there

PICSFEAST LOL

sprayed the topdeck colour,just need to lacquer it all now but a couple of the edges of masking tape lifed so just gotta tidy the lines up then clearcoat it all.

Cant wait for the vinyl to be done now hehe

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

Latest posts

Back