46" Gas F1 tunnel build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally modded the strut and bracket now,also put it all together again and weighed with everything minus a couple of bits that i havnt got yet

20lbs exactly or 9kg

Next job is to sort out stuffing tube and make a support for it

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

Darren just to let you know the one that I built was right at 15.5lbs but half of that was at the rear of the hull. I ended up putting about 1lbs at the front to get it bal.

Hi eric

hmmmmmmmmmmm now im wondering,but iv decided to get the topkit for this engine so will have more power

Just have to see how it goes once finished and in the water

Hey guys

K30RZ topkit is now on its way to me ill keep you posted.

iv seen some pics of the internals and the piston has alot more support so should reduce the piston wear that the rear exhaust engines are prone to

Need to rethink on the props now and sort a new pipe out hehe

Just an update,im currently awaiting new tuned pipe from zippkits,been told this pipe is great on the rcmk,also ordered the exhaust bracket and header cooler and some K&S brass tube

Still awaiting for RCMK to ship out the topkit.

but once brass tube and exhaust arrives i can test fit and get the hull prepped and painted,i can rebuild the engine then once the topkit arrives ready for final assembly

Just playing the waiting game :rolleyes:

When finish getting this thing built I'd love to see some video of it running and pictures. I noticed you went outside of the box a little on the sponson design from what I can tell, differing away from the traditional flat, one step, variable dihedral sponson. Can you take some more pictures of that and maybe give a little insight on your design idea? You've got me curious. Haha. Looks great so far though.

Hi jr

im currently running the same sponson design on my other build,its was just an idea i had and wanted to try,so far its working well and im happy,but need to get it setup and fully dialed in to see how good works out and maybe make some small changes as i go along for next build/design

ill post some pics soon and ill defo get some vids when it finished,im still waiting for parts at mo hopefully be here in the next week or so i can move on to getting it painted

YAYYYY

post arrived today with the exhaust from zippkits,exhaust bracket,brass tube and some other goodies

Will get it all together,add the brasstubes to the radiobox,install the stuffing tube and put it all together again and recheck clearances on everything before strip down and get her prepped for paint

Pics will follow once done

Just waiting on RCMK K30topkit now

After all parts have arrived iv now finished doing a final assembly of it all together

Now i can start getting it prepped and ready for paint

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

Hi guys just an update

due to ill health and weather conditions iv been abit slow on this build but received email this morning my RCMK K30RZ topkit has now been shipped so play the waiting game

Im hopefully getting a heater for my workshop its all stripped back down just need to sort abit of filling,final sanding down then get her sealed and painted,but the weather gonna be the biggest factor now

Will keep you posted

Rgds F1

Cheers pete

im getting there

we had a drop in temps,heavy frosts and gale force winds and now snow forcasted over the next few days,so really holding me up at mo

not sure when im going to be able to get on with it

Back