46" Gas F1 tunnel build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren,

I have that RCMK complete engine on order with the billet lower housing. I was really impressed with the out of the box quality as this is a new area for me and I have no idea what to do to a gas engine, other than the normal stuff........yet!!!!!..... ;) I also like how much it looks like a CMB 101. I think it will be a great motor for sure!!!..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ron

this is my 1st gas build/engine LOL,but kept hearing how the RZ got through pistons,thats why i ordered this kit,its nice piece work and well machined for sure cant wait to fire it up and get the hull painted and together ready for 1st run,the zippkits pipe works great on these engines aswell,i know a guy who is running the same setup and he says i will be really happy with performance so just gotta crack on with the hull now

:)

Couldnt resist LOL,still clearance round the canopy so alls good

better get cracking on this hull asap

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

Cheers pete

Right now im in a pickle

after building the engine up (which is a 1st for me) its been brought to my attention that the crank transfer need opening up to match the K30 top,apparently an easy enugh job and care work with the dremmel,as iv never done anything like this before im abit Hmmmmmm what do i do shall i strip all the engine down and do it for better performance or shall i leave it,how much difference will this make

Not got a problem stripping the engine down and having ago,ill reseach some 1st but what are your opinions guys

Could do with some advice on this as iv never messed with 2strokes before only car engines

Hey guys after making the decision to strip the engine back down and match the transfer ports in the crankcase to the K30 topkit,took my time and stripped it right back to bare parts,i matched up and marked where to remove the excess material,took my time doing it with my dremmel then once happy i smoothed everything off with some fine wet n dry to finish leaving a nice smooth,clean finish and sore fingers to match LOL,finished the crankcase assembly just the top and mounts etc to finish off so shouldnt be long have a butchers just hoped it works ok :)

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

Well F1's usually run outboards LOL

No i wasnt 100% sure where else to post it,if there had been a Cat section i would off posted it there,but nobody seems mind or they mods would of either moved or removed it B)

I'm with you Darren the guys that run tunnels under stand. Alot of you guys over seas run inbored setups with your tunnels.

Cheers eric

most of us run them due to the availability and cost of shipping in outboards,this wa is just easier and more cost effective and still run tunnels

Though over here in the UK there is no Tunnel class/races so the couple that i know of run with the offshore cats anyways

maybe in time we;ll see a change to that but who knows,only time will tell,even more so if outboards were to come more available over here

Darren,

Its ok. We have plenty of outboards here but there are still a few people that try to run inboards with outboards!!!!!!!........... :eek:

Merry Christmas......... ;)

Darren,

Its ok. We have plenty of outboards here but there are still a few people that try to run inboards with outboards!!!!!!!........... :eek:

Merry Christmas......... ;)
HaHa. HATER ! Merry Christmas Ron and everybody

Shane

hey all

managed to get back in the shed,just finished the last couple of fibreglassing for reinforcing a couple of ares and started tidy up some bits,sealed the radiobox and resined in the stuffing tube,just waiting for it to harden up then back out to start the filling,hopefully have it all ready for 1st coats of primer this week

I can't wait to see this thing when it's finally put together and some videos too. I'm hoping that it will corner as good as it looks because that's the main problem a lot of these gas outboard guys are having with their hulls. Just curious if it all works out, would you be planning on offering to sell any kits or plans for someone to build one?

-Mitch

Hi mitch

im currently finishing of the hull ready for paint

im also very intrigued to see how this runs,iv designed it of my electric build,just wished id got an outboard but either way im planning an out board version for later in the yr

as for cornering should be capable of near full throttle,if not full throttle turns but all in good time im making good progress at mo but working on 3 hulls,an F1 and a mono for moulding (both also designed by myself) for production,and currently working on a 47"mono and 2 cats still at drawing/design stages

Once iv run this F1 and know the results ill make a decision to release Kits or whatever

Rgds Daz

Yeah an outboard would be very cool. The inboard should be fun nonetheless. If it runs anything like the video of your electric hull it should be a strong contender. What kind of sponson dimentions are you using as far as depth, width, and width of the tunnel? The reason I'm asking is because I noticed its a 46" boat which is much smaller than the Aeromarine predator which is 50" I think, or even the much larger Ossi hull at 54". Personally I agree with your design and am thinking along the same thought process that those boats, while they work, they're too big even for the gas engines. It's kind of like putting a .21 nitro motor on a .45 size hull. It might work but you're scrubbing off a ton of speed.

Hi mitch

once i can fund an outboard i will purchase 1 then build a hull to suit it

with the size its more of a sprint tunnel,hopefully nimble,fast and stable while been a load of fun,with the K30 it should be LOL

Iv only been designing and building tunnels for a short time really compared to alot guys but so far my latest electric build has been my best but i can also see just from the dozen runs what changes are needed.

I think with the new engines coming out some of the bigger hulls will be better performing but time will tell.

Once this 1 is tested ill know what will need altering (if anything who knows) to build a competitive running hull

This is my 1st Gas F1 (gas boat full stop) so im in the area of not knowing what to expect really apart from watching loads of vids and studying them.

i run wider tunnels than most but lesser the angle of attack to reduce the risk of blow over but then with the wider stance will improve the cornering without the barrel roll,also run deeper tunnel to cope with the rougher water conditions we have over here not very often we have perfect still waters LOL

Its all theory but a 99% of the time its different once on the water so a constant learning curve,but im confident in time i will develop and build an awesome F1.

Wow that looks good keep up the good work.

Build last few months a zipp tunnel foto"s will follow when it"s ready.

Do you put a fake outboard on it?tell the guy"s no it is not a inboard it is real outboard :rolleyes: hehehehe

martin

Back