Want to build and or buy a Twin rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are 100`s of things to consider Building and Tuning Twins, Engines must be gone thru and have good brgs and be Correctly set up the same. The #1 tuning deal is the throttles. they Must be exactly the same on stroke and stay together......#2 Pipes size, length,and Stinger ID size. Shafts must be in Good Condition And the props Must be the same pitch & cup. if you have a boat that will not stay running especially the outsidfe engine. Make sure you dont have cowl interference with that same throttle, try running it without a cowl & Check for water leaks inside the boat. When you get it running reading the plugs and using a RAYTECH heat gun to check for same temps on the engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all

sorry for the hijack can any one tell me the front boom tube measurment on the twins these days ie crapshooter, cobra,eagle,roadrunner (inside edge to inside edge of sponsons)

thanks rick

Most 6 inches from the tube to the inside of the sponsons. some are running 1 inch offset offset boom tubes... 6 inches on left 5 on right

thanks joe

i was considering around the 8 inch mark tub to sponson do you think wider is better ??

cheers rick

CHECK IT OUT just got my new SGX2 it was $$$$ but speed costs $$$$ HOLD BACK THE TEARS DUDE (ITS MINE)

CHECK IT OUT just got my new SGX2 it was $$$$ but speed costs $$$$ HOLD BACK THE TEARS DUDE (ITS MINE)
:ph34r: Wow I never see new strut w/modded brackets for Latest SGX-2 Twin so look good ;) Will you use props: ABC H-31 for good OPS90 :)

Its all Andy I ordered a ready to paint in Sept and here it is . Andy's setting up the props I know the there a 16 sirese for the first set up.

I agree with Larry, those are SGX winglets and rear shoes other than the struts mountings which are trick. Not a SGX2 though.

Cliff

Beau:

All the suggestion of the best boats are good suggestions.

BUT, the thing that should guide you is the cost of the twin, engines, hardware, etc.

THEN the cost of fuel, plugs, maintenance, etc. If you don't have a good budget, forget the twin. It will not be fun for you without enough $$$ to support it. Imagine going to the pond to test and using 2 gallons easily. $100. A few plugs too.....

Just not the boat for someone that does not have a good budget = $$$$
thats why he should build a twin RICO RIGGER with 2 new 290 ZENOAH MOD FROM SS ENGINES and for $10 in fuel he could have a ball

Gas Boats, been there did that, was fun but I am a diehard nitro guy, at the current moment I have retired gas and want to go hard with nitro, even with the cost of fuel, plugs, motors, I have taken this all into account and am willing to make the sacrafice and run with the big boys.

Beau

Gas Boats, been there did that, was fun but I am a diehard nitro guy, at the current moment I have retired gas and want to go hard with nitro, even with the cost of fuel, plugs, motors, I have taken this all into account and am willing to make the sacrafice and run with the big boys.

Beau
I like your kind of thinking Beau! The gas boats are running pretty fast, but there's nothing like the EXPLOSIVE acceleration of NITRO! Worth every Dime! Even if you can only afford one nitro boat!

Andy,

Thanks for the comment, I love the smell of nitro especially in the morning. Kinda like coffee. Both are smells I love :D

Charles,

I only see one switch and one antenna. I would strongly suggest dual switches, battery packs, and receivers on that monster. Think of it like an additional $125.00 insurance policy. Steering on one, throttles (y connecter) on the other. If you lose the receiver with steering you can kill the engines and loss of the throttles gives you steering. Keep us posted. Thats going to be a rocket for sure. Glad to see Andy back in full swing...... ;)

Ron thanks for the input. I just installed a MR3000 reciever that I run in my other boats but I like that as a plan B back up. Do you know if Namba Requires that system . Im looking at insurance next later Charlie

Ron no disrespect but a good portion of the twin drivers only use 1 receiver. i always say if your equipment is tip top you should not have to worry about having a back up system

No need for a back up system if your stuff is always well maintained. i have never lost or crashed a twin and i only use 1 system. adding more just creates more problems in the long run and more stuff you have to keep up with believe me.

take care of your equipment and it will take care of you if you don't maintenance it it will go to ****. My 2 cents

I agree with the above Post..

Back