Want to build and or buy a Twin rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheapest part of what toy? not when its futaba you got two of everything $$$$$ . LOL just kidding.

I am very meticulous when it comes to my boats especially my radio equipment , I am forever checking and re-checking to make sure everything works perfectly.

That being said at the end of last season I had one of my battery leads ( for rudder) break off in my Twin , fortunately I run two of everything and was able to shut it down.

The two radio system did what it was intended to do and yes both batteries have been replaced.

It may not be for everyone but I would not run a 15 pound boat capable of 90mph without the dual system.

Tim k

Two receivers is a must in a twin. Sure makes me feel good. It's amazing the extremes we put these radios thru.

And they work time after time. They will only get better as technology gets better.

Keep them dry

Bob

Charles,

Yes I bought a very nice twin roadrunner with 91 VAC's, it is all rigged up and ready for a test run, time for sure was not on my side this last year. Your evil twin is looking really impressive from what I have seen in the videos you have posted.

Beau

Are you going to race it this year. I'm trying to get time to go to fall nats in Charleston so long as every one here buys a 1ct diamond ring from my business...... I can afford the trip and I'm almost sue one maybe two other guy may come to will see. A post a video or some pics it's boring up here. Later Charlie

I bought the twin because I have always wanted one, it was a very expensive venture for sure. I am going to run it this summer, I basically took off last year because of family work drama and we sold our house. I am looking forward for this race season I have lots to do and a few new boats to rig up. There is just never enough money or time in life these days.

Beau

Julian if you had to batteries to rec.maybe you wouldn't of had the battery issue you posted a while back because maybe the throttle battery wouldn't of been dead because it wouldn't of had the draw of a steering servo sucking power and you would of been able to shut the boat off when you lost steering

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after being out of the boating for awhile with work, family, ect I am ready to run my Twin RoadRunner when the ice is off the pond, I cant remember a couple of things which I wrote down and cant find my cheat sheet anymore, I am at 5000 ft above sea level so keep this in mind, which motor needs to run a little richer left or right? WHat would be a conservative starting point on the needles using a Flo meter? And would 2 1800 Hydra Max batteries be enough power for a full day of racing? Any help would be great.

Thanks Beau

With todays advances in battery, servo and radio Technology 4 pages of this thread and everyone is talking about things that are not really on the drawing board any more. I have tried every system there is, in every form. Dual/single you name it. But Right now I an more comfortable than ever. New Futaba radios allow you to go 7.4 V. The new servos are at 7.4 v. And the newer batteries are at 7.4. In my twin is a 7.4 v 3300mah battery ( All weekend) on the new 7.4 v radio system and servos. I was standing next to Joe Warren and Mark Bullard when the voltage draw in the steering servo showed. The rest was a no brainer for me.

Well after being out of the boating for awhile with work, family, ect I am ready to run my Twin RoadRunner when the ice is off the pond, I cant remember a couple of things which I wrote down and cant find my cheat sheet anymore, I am at 5000 ft above sea level so keep this in mind, which motor needs to run a little richer left or right? WHat would be a conservative starting point on the needles using a Flo meter? And would 2 1800 Hydra Max batteries be enough power for a full day of racing? Any help would be great.
Thanks Beau[/quot

The 2 Hydramax are more than plenty. Good thing you are running dual recievers. On my boat 2 x 1100 mah Lifesource are good for a day and more, but I always recharge at the end of the day. When compared you can save approx. 1/4 pound weight by using equivalent Life batts. Vs Nmh.

Thanks Beau
My suggestion. Use New receivers. 1 or 2. if you are running FASST system make sure you support the receiver in the radio box. make sure you DO NOT anchor the antenna wire to the post. & Disconnect all your wiring when the receiver & battery connections are not in use for long periods. Wire end Corrosion is the #1 problem for All radio boxes And Battery Connections. it lowers voltage even on the Best Batteries. & Buy a Boat you can get Replacement Parts & Good Set up sheet on.. There are several good Ones Currently For Sale........

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion. Use New receivers. 1 or 2. if you are running FASST system make sure you support the receiver in the radio box. make sure you DO NOT anchor the antenna wire to the post. & Disconnect all your wiring when the receiver & battery connections are not in use for long periods. Wire end Corrosion is the #1 problem for All radio boxes And Battery Connections. it lowers voltage even on the Best Batteries. & Buy a Boat you can get Replacement Parts & Good Set up sheet on.. There are several good Ones Currently For Sale........
Good point, always disconnect your battery when not in use and you won't get that green corrosion on the + terminal or around your switch.

I like to use a special electric "grease" on all the plugs to further prevent corrosion, that or a little Corrosion X brushed on the switch and connectors helps a bunch!

Joe and Terry,

Thanks for the info I will keep this in mind on the plugs and connectors.

Beau

Back