Want to build and or buy a Twin rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need for a back up system if your stuff is always well maintained. i have never lost or crashed a twin and i only use 1 system. adding more just creates more problems in the long run and more stuff you have to keep up with believe me.

take care of your equipment and it will take care of you if you don't maintenance it it will go to ****. My 2 cents

I agree with the above Post..
Julian when was the last time you sent your radio and reciever for prevent maintenance at Futaba. Dual reciever systems as described by Ron along with good strong batteries, is an added safety measure that should not be bypassed when running twin riggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 month ago. i don't have any issues with running one system.. i understand that its a added safety. me personally im not going to is wasting time and then when you have electrical issues its a pain . Joe ,Ralph,Chuck,Foley, and many others don't. i know for sure Don Ferrette uses 2 receivers, 2 batteries and 2 switches. i had numerous and endless issues when i ran a dual system guess what when i switched to one system every issue went away..

My roadrunner 101 has been ran since since ralph build the boat and joe warren has rant it for almost 2 years only using 1 receiver and hes never crashed the boat. that tell you if your maintenance program is good you will never have a issue

I agree with Jose. Sending the radios and receivers to futaba is a great way to maintnance your equipment.

1 month ago. i don't have any issues with running one system.. i understand that its a added safety. me personally im not going to is wasting time and then when you have electrical issues its a pain . Joe ,Ralph,Chuck,Foley, and many others don't. i know for sure Don Ferrette uses 2 receivers, 2 batteries and 2 switches. i had numerous and endless issues when i ran a dual system guess what when i switched to one system every issue went away..

My roadrunner 101 has been ran since since ralph build the boat and joe warren has rant it for almost 2 years only using 1 receiver and hes never crashed the boat. that tell you if your maintenance program is good you will never have a issue
What that tells me is that you are willing to live with a single point vulnerability in you system.

theres guys that run 4 channels in there tunnels you are suggesting they use 4 receivers and batteries too just curious ??

im with julian

a good reciever a quailty battery with plenty of guts, quailty switch and servos and regulary maintenance and inspections a must

dont rely on cheap rubbish

cheers rick

Only 2 K ??? Sign me up !! Actually one of my Twins runs 2 rec. , the one I bought from Don Ferette , the other does not only because of my lazyness . New equipment or old , it can go bad at any time regardless of cost or age . Double reciever program is a great idea that can't be bashed , only applauded ! To each his own .

What is Required is a GOOD Quality Receiver Battery that can carry the load of a turn servo that can draw @ stall torque 1.0 - 1.5 amp draw on the battery. And to make sure you can Cycle that battery and KNOW it is it Perfect Condition...... DRY RADIO BOX and a GOOD BATTERY is a MUST on a TWIN..........

I will always run dual RX set ups on my twins set up as Greg mentioned, one RX,batt,switch for steering and the other set for throttle and 3rd channel. To each his own but when it comes to twins why not go for the added insurance. Plenty of room to do it and it's not like a fire breathin' twin is gonna notice a few extra ounces in the radio box. :D

I've seen too many failsafes not working properly so I would stick to a 2,4 radio and twin rec......as well said the cheapest part of this toy.

Gill

Back