The Boat Formerly Known As Project 'Hydro-plow'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:project 'Hydro-therapy'

yea, but that's before ya win the race and everyone wants to take a look at your boat to see what made it go so fast.....it'd be kinda hard to stratigically place your hands over 4 or 5 different logos!! :)

Joe

You guys crack me up!

I have done that for a shoot with a rc magazine over here after a race that I won. My boat got banged up a bit in the last heat, so I was holding the pipe like it was still attached and had my right hand over the hole in the left sponson. When the guy was taking the pictures.

Hammer

Propjockey,

Is your boat all together? Have you run it yet. Lets see a picture of the completed boat with everything installed!

Don :D

Propjock is probably redoing his graphics to put in some "power runes". I'm convinced that the power runes are what made my little rigger go.

Power Runes -Don't leave home without them ;D

Eric Perez

Tony Jacuzzi took a picture of me last year for his D-2 mono web site. I strategically held my Microburst in front of me to cover my Beer gut. It's going to be harder to cover with the Hammerhead .12! All of the strategy isn't just in racing! :p

Hey guys the boat's look great! I am just finishing my Little Raskel my self. It was neat to find this post. Right now I have a HB .12 in it but I plan to put in a OS .15 in the future. One question though... why did you move the rear sponsons back? I glued mine on already and now you have me worried. Thanks!

OK, OK, sheeeeze!! ;)

It's almost done. (Hmmmm..............where have we heard THAT before) Really! I PROMISE!! ;D

Gimme a day or so to get some pics up. I still need a prop and I'm not happy with the radio box lid. The graphics aren't right. I may just use a plain piece of plexi for now.

Hydroguy--be sure to keep us updated! BTW--the reason I moved the rear sponsons back was to overcome the inherent drag coefficient that is a product of the sponson's location in relation to the hull's dynamic balance point, considering the !@#$%^&*(<>{}"?>+_)(*WEDRFTGYH 1256+_)(*78sdfg@#$%^gHJ$RTyhjblah, blah, blah......................................... : :)

Truth is, I just thought it looked better. ;D

Glad to hear that! :) I am almost to the paint stage. Just alittle filling and sanding left. I have two other boats to finish before summer so the paint job on this one will probably be pretty plain. I will send pict's soon.

Hey what do you suggest for prop size in an octura prop?

Thanks!

Propjocky,

You stated this on the rear sponson placement:

I moved the rear sponsons back was to overcome the inherent drag coefficient that is a product of the sponson's location in relation to the hull's dynamic balance point, considering the !@#$%^&*(<>{}"?>+_)(*WEDRFTGYH 1256+_)(*78sdfg@#$%^gHJ$RTyhjblah, blah,

I have found that if you use this it will come off the corners a little better.

!@#)(^&*(<>{}"?>+_)(*WEDRFTGYH 1257+_)(*78sdf*$%^gHJ$RTyhjblah,

-MikeP

Mike - Hmmmm...I'll have to put it to paper, but you may be right. ;D

Hydroguy - Octura 1938 or V937/3 (rumor has it Octura may now offer a V940...might be worth a look)

Back