The Boat Formerly Known As Project 'Hydro-plow'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:project 'Hydro-therapy'

Well, here's version 2 of the header. When I started smoothin out the weld on the inside I found several pinholes. Went back and asked them about it and the welding shop said the pipe was too thin to work with. Gave me my 5 bucks back. I bought some MAPP gas with the money and did it myself with Alumi-weld. I got a better angle on the header the second time.

pretty......i like how you put the header outside of the boat...the tuned pipe'll probably keep alot cooler that way, though having another boat "nudge" it might be a problem.

oh whoops.........fergot 'bout the "no .15 race class" thing!!

b.t.w., uve got pm mail

The header exits just above the sponson bracket (removed in the pic) and it will be supported at the end of the header and at the end of the tuned pipe. Besides, it's really not a racer--just for fun. If it turns out well, I'll do a full race version.

yea, sorry....i fergot about that. what size shaft are you using? i took a peice of 3/16" brass tubing w/ a 1/8" bore and soldered it onto my 1/8" shaft....the prop fits perfecty, it's held on the end by two nuts [the little threaded metal kind ;D] screwed onto the threaded part of the driveshaft, all i need is a 3/16" drive dog and a washer or two. might work for you, just a thought.

I'm using the 1/8" flex shaft that came in the original hardware set. It doesn't have a drive dog, just a pin through the shaft that keys into the prop--pretty cheezey. I'm having a drive dog made that will fit the shaft and allow me to use both 1/8" bore and 3/16" bore props (with a bushing).

actually, those pin things work pretty well.......dont wait on a drive dog to run your boat, but it would probably be a good idea so u can do 1/8 and 3/16 props. wish you had been @ the chat/grimcam thing, it was cool but only 4 guys showed so it wasnt really tested.

joe

The pin is so tiny, I just don't trust it.

I got in on the chat just as everybody was signing off. When's the next one?

:eek: Now that little boat brings back some memories. It's a dumas Little rascal ! ! Built one @ 12 years ago and widened the front sponson supports and put in an K&B 21 front intake engine with exaust throttle and tuned pipe, Damm little water rocket would pull a Octura X640 and was way fast by itself on water but too small to race. GOOD FUN ! ! ! ;D Scott

Too cool!! A .21?!?! I bet the little booger DID scream!

Was it built stock? If not, what mods did you do?

wow!

scott, a .21 in a 23" boat is something........ :eek:

im working on putting a kickbutt .18 in my XS cat, a 25" elec racer. PJ, i've got a 1/8" drive dog you're welcome to, the only problem is that the setscrew hole is screwed [sorry 'bout that, couldn't resist] and it would need a new one drilled. i do have a bunch of setscrews sitting around though. grim sayed he would try to do one every month, im hoping so. it's pretty neat watching someone read your posts right after you type them. also, its gonna be very handy for showing people stuff on his boats. all it takes is getting them out and holding the thing the way they do in TV commercials, and it's pretty easy to see [literally] wat he's talking about.

joe

;D It was not a stock engine at all was a full race as you could build on the old 12mm crank engines, @ 176 degrees of exaust and a pipe at @8 1/4" and running at @ 25 to 26K. the little booger went in the mid to high 50's then it would stuff like the pond monster grabbed it. Broke quite a few cranks untill I had had enough and then purchased a ROADRUNNER 21 and got serious about racing, But what fun times I had with SO MUCH POWER and a small boat. ;D Scott

Well, I finally got some more done on this thing. My first attempt at making fuel tanks. Not as pretty as Grims, but I think they'll work. I was able to squeeze a 2.1 oz tank on each side of the flex cable-right on the balance point.

Coming along nice. Doesn't look like you have much left to do.

Here is what I do to keep my projects moving along that might help. Every day try to do something no matter how small. I plan each day at work ( should say daydream) what I want to get done with the time I have that day.

-MikeP

Thanks Mike. Paint it and put everything back in and it's done. Still don't have the V937, but that shouldn't be a problem.

My biggest problem is there's just not enough hours in the day. Between work, kid's dance classes and cheerleader competitions, my other projects and online ventures...I'm down to about 4 hours of sleep a night-EVERY night. Things will calm down after the new year though, maybe I'll have time to get a second job! :eek:

Hey, how 'bout a nighttime security job that will let me work on the boats--at work! ;D

Back