Team Roadrunner Pictures from Atlanta Spring Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianconde

Team Roadrunner;

Ralph Almirola

Jose Ortiz

Chuck Simmons

Joe Warren

Julian Conde

HERE KITTY KITTY

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen all those Roadrunners were tuned and trimmed by Mr. Warren or input from Mr. warren. Lots of helpful and sharing information was processed and will continue to be processed by Mr . Warren.

Great Action Pics...... Hope Everyone Had a Good Time... I did too!!!! Boris Flow meter kept us all Tuned Up for the Race Action. the Weather & temps was all over the place.

Thanks foley updated. Foley you and the florida boys missed a good twin race. I have tons more I'll post today.

Great Action Pics...... Hope Everyone Had a Good Time... I did too!!!! Boris Flow meter kept us all Tuned Up for the Race Action. the Weather & temps was all over the place.
Joe its funny you brought that up about the boris flow meter..At this last race we were at it was one of the things we were so glad to have...We now live by this flowmeter..i havent had a lean run or blown plug this season yet..I feel this is a MUST for our hobby...Juilan awesome pictures, looks like you guys had alot of fun

Hi Joe,

Is it that Boris' Flow meter is more accurate, or is it that is so compact and easier to pull out and use than say the propane or air tank style? How do they compare?

Thanks, John

Brett We found a Good needle of About 38 on a Boris 6V GEN III on Friday. Point is we knew what 38 sounded like and ran like So if you flowed 38 and the Motor was too Fat.. or Way too lean we started to look for the other problem........ Bottom Line is we wanted to Flow the same number & and the plugs to look the same temps.......There are many variables in twin set ups & the Flow meter will help you find them.....p.s..... Avoid WELDED Pipes if you can.......... And as you know Viscosity of the Oil & Air temps and Fuel Percentage can change this number, we were all mixing the same oils and nitro percentages But the motors were making Big power at 1100 feet elevation of Atlanta pond

Hi Joe,

Is it that Boris' Flow meter is more accurate, or is it that is so compact and easier to pull out and use than say the propane or air tank style? How do they compare?

Thanks, John
John With Twin Engine Applications, You are constantly looking for a perfect balance of both engines running together. The Boris flow meter assures that both fuel flow control needles are the same, Now if you happen the crank the Engines and they Sound very different?? You need to find why that is?? There Are Many Reasons why this can happen & a Quick Needle adjustment is Not always the fix. Clean Needles, Clean Tanks, Clean Fuel Filters are a MUST!!!! Also Pipe length, pipe volume. Stinger ID size, Welded headers lengths? If you are flowing with a Boris Meter it uses Air Pumps for the flow... The very Air it is using changes with Air density changes keeping your numbers very equal... PROPANE Fuel Does Not change with Air density changes. it is Still the same Propane you used yesterday when it was hotter and drier.. . Also propane is constantly loosing PSI. The Boris Flow meter is Battery powered with LI-Poly battery he uses a 3s and a 6v Voltage regulator to maintain constant motor speed during use. If your battery is charged and peaked? If offers 300 minuntes of run time. if in Question of batt voltage you have a Cell checker you can easily plug into and check the voltage. P.S No More Propane bottles to buy and Haul around... Just Peak the Battery and GO RACING!!!!!!!!!

Brett We found a Good needle of About 38 on a Boris 6V GEN III on Friday. Point is we knew what 38 sounded like and ran like So if you flowed 38 and the Motor was too Fat.. or Way too lean we started to look for the other problem........ Bottom Line is we wanted to Flow the same number & and the plugs to look the same temps.......There are many variables in twin set ups & the Flow meter will help you find them.....p.s..... Avoid WELDED Pipes if you can.......... And as you know Viscosity of the Oil & Air temps and Fuel Percentage can change this number, we were all mixing the same oils and nitro percentages But the motors were making Big power at 1100 feet elevation of Atlanta pond
Avoid WELDED Pipes if you can, Joe can you elaborate? B)

Hi Joe,

Thanks, John
John With Twin Engine Applications, You are constantly looking for a perfect balance of both engines running together. The Boris flow meter assures that both fuel flow control needles are the same, Now if you happen the crank the Engines and they Sound very different?? You need to find why that is?? There Are Many Reasons why this can happen & a Quick Needle adjustment is Not always the fix. Clean Needles, Clean Tanks, Clean Fuel Filters are a MUST!!!! Also Pipe length, pipe volume. Stinger ID size, Welded headers lengths? If you are flowing with a Boris Meter it uses Air Pumps for the flow... The very Air it is using changes with Air density changes keeping your numbers very equal... PROPANE Fuel Does Not change with Air density changes. it is Still the same Propane you used yesterday when it was hotter and drier.. . Also propane is constantly loosing PSI. The Boris Flow meter is Battery powered with LI-Poly battery he uses a 3s and a 6v Voltage regulator to maintain constant motor speed during use. If your battery is charged and peaked? If offers 300 minuntes of run time. if in Question of batt voltage you have a Cell checker you can easily plug into and check the voltage. P.S No More Propane bottles to buy and Haul around... Just Peak the Battery and GO RACING!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Joe,

I saw Tom's (Foley) at the Brandon race, really nice set up. Tom Hyner from our Wolverine Club in Detroit built the first propane flow meter I'd ever seen (1981 maybe) and then I built and sold a lot of them for a few years. Definitely a must have with a twin - my first twin we used rubber fuel bulbs and a stop watch - John Bridge style! John Ackerman (Indy Club) even used his to flow the stromberg 97 jets used in hilborn injection setup in his midget.

Thanks, John

Welded pipes are Never the same in volume..... Under Prop Load very important that the pipes are the same in volume and stinger id sizes. With the RS101 set up #1394 mac pipe with a 1inch head pipe is the way to go & LARGE pipe pressure fittings. You Do not want to run out of fuel pressure under load.......

Welded pipes are Never the same in volume..... Under Prop Load very important that the pipes are the same in volume and stinger id sizes. Withe the RS101 set up #1394 mac pipe with a 1inch head pipe is the way to go & LARGE pipe pressure fittings. You Do not want to run out of fuel pressure under load.......
Ok, I follow your thinking. On a twin vol. is critical for both pipes. Thought it might be a failure problem. B)

Team Roadrunner:

Ralph Almirola = Twinn Extreme/dual CMB ???

Jose Ortiz = Twinn Extreme/dual CMB ???

Chuck Simmons = Twinn Extreme/dual CMB ???

Joe Warren = Twinn Extreme/dual CMB ???

Julian Conde = Twinn Extreme/dual CMB 1.01/ Zoom carb
very cool julian. Can you provide set-up info for each team Roadrunner boat? (boat size/engine size)

All of the other Roadruner Twins were RS101 powered With Stk CMB .510 carbs, These engines are modified for more fuel flow. But they run very well out of the box with a head bowl volume change.

All of the other Roadruner Twins were RS101 powered With Stk CMB .510 carbs, These engines are modified for more fuel flow. But they run very well out of the box with a head bowl volume change.
thanks Joe. I had thought Julian's CMB's used Zoom carbs? (at least I thought I saw a picture showing such?)

Latest posts

Back