Roadrunner Carbon Fiber 1.01Twin resurrection.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking boat, but, with the dark color, it is going to be difficult to see if it dies in a race. Can't wait to hear how it runs. I have the same boat and engines with conventional construction.
This boat is not for heat racing it's just for play. Also this boat is longer and wider and has a curve bottom that's starts by the engines. This is a different compared to yours and my regular wood twin I'm currently working on. This boat was build over 10years ago a lot of improvements have been made to the current version you have. This twin is old school and different. The current roadrunners have lots of improvements this twin don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles

I thought you would take the bait........................DANG IT ALL..................................
default_mad.gif

Charles

I thought you would take the bait........................DANG IT ALL..................................
default_mad.gif
One of these days, we will meet...and have a few beers. I will buy the first round and you can buy the rest.

Julian can keep the count....

And if he is the designated counter, he cannot be drinking.....

Those throttles are the same ones I had junk. You saw the issues we had with them
what issues did you have with them?
Like juillian said they will wiggle due to the spring that would give. I personally think it's because of the heavy duty rods I used . There is no flexing in them like the plastic tubes or 440 rods. Mine are sold 1/8 inch it just passing the vibration down and the spring is feeling it causing the carb arm to move ever so slightly but you can hear it. They work fine till you fire up the other Motor. Looking back now this may have been a issue with one of my gas twin monos as well. Just my observations
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Raul

I broke many ball links and carb arms using hard rod on my 1.01

Switched to the flex rods and never looked back..............................

Charles

ONE ROUND??????? now you are being the cheep A$$................................
default_laugh.png

It's ready. Electronics tested, shafts greased. Let's burn some nitro.

Julian

Wow Sunday was a great day. Ran my carbon Twin with 2717's ran good. Ran some 2719's ran even better. Ran some 2819's holy shitz the boat took off like a missile. Engines where right on the money screaming like one together.

Speeds I can't be sure by the boats was way faster than my twin 45 at full song.

I issues I had was the boat was pulling to the right alittle bit but I just have to drive it so it was a hand full. As always after 10 years of sitting idle it was a great shakedown run for the boat and its impressive. But the new abc props are more impressive as well.

Thanks to Mark Sholund for the props, Otto for the fuel, Joe Warren for the CMB 101RS horsepower and David Wilfong performance boat center for rigging and setup help and throwing the boat in the water.

Julian

Julian

HAD a blast helping with your twins............................

NO I am not getting a RR twin..........................................................
default_dry.png

Time to put that boat away and start on the new RR twin.....................

Put it on the wall where it belongs.

O and where is the video ???????????????

now who is the sensitive one...................

See that's what happens when you play with your needle to much..................................
default_laugh.png

Julian

HAD a blast helping with your twins............................

NO I am not getting a RR twin..........................................................
default_dry.png

Time to put that boat away and start on the new RR twin.....................

Put it on the wall where it belongs.

O and where is the video ???????????????
I agree this boat was a one time deal to see what it will do. It did not dissapoint me by no means it was really fast as I suspected with the current CMB 101RS engines supplied by Joe Warren compared to when it was ran with 1 inch motors back in the day. It's already taken apart and cleaned. Now it will be a shelf queen permanently. Work has begun on my (wood) Roadrunner Twin.

Thanks to everyone that made this happen great boaters and friends.

Julian

Latest posts

Back