Roadrunner Carbon Fiber 1.01Twin resurrection.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianconde

Well this boat is a blast from the past. Here's the story. Greg David build this boat out of carbon fiber everything literally. There where (2) of these boats made one raced by Scott Whittcraft and the other by Greg David.

One of the twins raced by Scott was destroyed during a F hydro heat and Greg was having issues with it before he sold it to Joe warren back in 2006.

Since then this boat has been a shelf queen. After 4 years of harassing Joe Warren he parted with the boat in 2013 and I paid good money for it lol but it was worth it.

Since then I have been slowly rebuilding the boat with the help of Mr. Roadrunner Ralph Almirola since it's basically a Copy of a roadrunner. He put his engine mounts in and got them setup and I screwed them up as usual lol. He put the throttle servo block in and did the linkage as well as I had a machined steering servo made to fit the back of the boat and he did the linkage for that as well.

This particular twin has (2) radio boxed seperate one for throttle and the other for steering. After 2 years of being a shelf queen again David Wilfong very familiar with my engine mount issue took on the task of fixing them again for the second time since I messed them up after Ralph did them.

After a few months I stopped working on it and started building my twin 45 in my other thread and this boat took the back burner again for the 4th time.

Well now I got motivated with David Wilfong,Ralph Almirola and Mark Sholunds pressing me to get the boat done and finally it's ready to race.

One thing I love about the hobby is where boaters come in and help and motivate a fellow boater to get stuff done and ready for the water.

My thanks goes out to my friends Joe Warren, Ralph Almirola, David Wilfong and Mark Sholund you guys are the best and thank you for all your help and long nights to get this blast from the past twin hydro as we know it by (ELVIS) back in tip top shape and ready for the water. It's been 10 years since this twin been down the lake and it's ready because of my good friends in the hobby.

THANK YOU

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Julian,

More ABC propellers came in for Elvis today.

These will keep him singing along with the other twins

if they can catch you?
default_smile.png

Thanks Buddy,

Mark Sholund

About time you got that raggedy piece of $#!^ done...............................
default_tongue.png

Ralph Worked the Sponson Superstructures While Gregg done his Carbon Magic...... its a Beautiful Boat & Gregg David Done one hell of of job laying it up. This Boat was over 90mph 10 years ago with much less engine than we have today. I was lucky to catch him on a bad day at the lake... & he sold it to me less engines.... for a Pile of Cash.. Maybe Gregg can tell us how many hrs he had in this boat laying it up.....it is a Work of ART!!!!!!!!!! It could easily be a BAD ASS Race Boat... But you will need a Physco doctor if it is involved in a wreck.

I can tell you this much it is one funky boat when you put it on the glass................................
default_blink.png

Never seen any thing like it...........................
default_ph34r.png

Thanks for letting me eye it up bud........................
default_wink.png

Sweet! I remember this boat well and talked to Gregg about how he did it, got a lot of good info that helped me with my own stuff.

This little tool was a direct result of that conversation!

21.jpg

22.jpg

How much of weizgh total boat
Sorry I not worried about weight I don't know and it does not matter. It's a twin
you're right. but some of us would just like to know the weight difference for other boats we may be wanting to build.
Weights are different depending on manufactures. Twins are ruffly 16-19lbs depending on the power used.
asking again. how much does this carbon twin weigh ready to run minus fuel.

How much of weizgh total boat
Sorry I not worried about weight I don't know and it does not matter. It's a twin
you're right. but some of us would just like to know the weight difference for other boats we may be wanting to build.
Weights are different depending on manufactures. Twins are ruffly 16-19lbs depending on the power used.
asking again. how much does this carbon twin weigh ready to run minus fuel.
I dont know as I stated. I dont have a scale to weight it either.

I told you we should have put it on the scale.............................
default_rolleyes.gif

I know, I know, I rushed you out of the garage I was hungry and tired............
default_mad.gif

It kind of like a supper model you need to check its weight before you can let it walk down the cat walk.............
default_happy.png

I told you we should have put it on the scale.............................
default_rolleyes.gif

I know, I know, I rushed you out of the garage I was hungry and tired............
default_mad.gif

It kind of like a supper model you need to check its weight before you can let it walk down the cat walk.............
default_happy.png
It does not matter to me. I don't care about weight. But unfortunately I don't know the weight either. Sorry guys.

Julian

Latest posts

Back