Sport 20 Shovel Nose design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Pachmayer said:
Hi Jerry,
Your right about the pics, lol.  You have to keep in mind it was done to scale so what ever the drop is it should be right?  I can't say that it's 100% correct or not but it's still a good boat, you'll like the speed. ;)

Paul.

79763[/snapback]

WELL, NOW THERES SOME GOOD NEWS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

In picture 12, if you look at the areas of where the turnfin would be, you have a very small arc from sponson to deck, know what I mean, that crescent moon shape......well that as well should be brought out kind of how Steve Muck used to do his sport 40's.  His came out very far.  This will assist the launch of the boat and prevent water from running up onto the deck and into the cockpit area weighting the boat down.  Plus once the boats at full speed it would prevent  some water run in from oversparay etc...Just a thought.....
79765[/snapback]

Hey Wade, I think Rod was talkin' about "hooding" the turn fin with the boat decking,in that "radius" area :blink: the inside corners

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean extend the hooded radius further back to completely cover the turn fin?

wswatzell said:
You mean extend the hooded radius further back to completely cover the turn fin?
79954[/snapback]

I'm guessin' Wade, it's Rodney's idea,,I'm surprised He hasn't came back taken

care of this :huh: I think He needs a "scolding" :angry: :lol:

Wade's Back! was gittin' lonesome around here without ya Wade. I like it, would it

have to be on both sides??,,,RODNEY!!! Where's Rodney when you Need Him :angry:

I'm still concerned about (side view) tha angle up (bottom) to the transom,,,I'm

tryin' to imagine the strut and prop under there,,and it's putin' the prop too deep

by my eyeballs :blink:

I would say (side view) if the top rear line didn't drop down so far you could bring

the bottom rear line up same amount With the transom,,(less of an arc on top rear) RODNEY!! bet his Mom had the same problem :lol:

Okay, I'mn back......Thanks Jerry for steering up all the **** from the bottom of the kettle while I was gone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay that's about what I was talking about or pretty close. Put a slight arch in it rather than making it so straight. I'll see if I can get pix of what I ment. But looks good.

[SIZE=14pt]The "Hood" would have to go on both sides to make hull look good. I really don't understand what Jerry is proposing. Can you tell me what view # you are looking at Jerry? [/SIZE]

Rodney!!!Your In Big Trouble Buster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Bill , In Wade's latest "Gallery/display image" side view,,,,Hey Wade! is there

anyway you can put a "to scale" strut and prop in that drawing???And Bill,,Your

Startin' to get on My List Too! :lol: :lol:

Jerry Wyss said:
I  would say (side view) if the top rear line didn't drop down so far you could bring

the bottom rear line up same amount With the transom,,(less of an arc on top rear)  RODNEY!! bet his Mom had the same problem :lol:

80727[/snapback]

:huh: :blink: :huh:

Jerry Wyss said:
I  would say (side view) if the top rear line didn't drop down so far you could bring

the bottom rear line up same amount With the transom,,(less of an arc on top rear)  RODNEY!! bet his Mom had the same problem :lol:

80727[/snapback]

:huh: :blink: :huh:

80753[/snapback]

Just get a scale strut and prop in there and you'll SEE what I'm talkin' about :eek:

OR NOT!!

I intend on making the changes to the "hood" on both sides.

I don't have a .21 size strut to put into CAD. Sorry. What max prop diameter would you want to use? I can make a crude rep of a prop under it, & measure the distance from the center of the hub to the bottom of the transom

Wade's Back! was gittin' lonesome around here without ya Wade.
I have been extreamly busy at work. I don't get a chance post much right now :(

I am trying to make chanes as I can.

BTW, did we want to go with the dropped sponson version? I do see how it would be a lot easier to build.

Wade, I completely understand "busy". Now, for the prop,,a X640 is 1.57in dia,,

an X642 is 1.65in dia. So around a little over an "inch and half scale vertical line"

can be drawn just behind the transom. OK? So a "short horizontal" line can be drawn,, Lets say "3/8ths inch from the bottom of the transom". Accually It Would

Be Easier To Draw The Horizontal Line First and Then Center The 1 1/2in Plus

Vertical Line On That :huh:

I don't know how "serious" you want to get about this drawing,,But at some "point"

We're going to have to get some scale parameters of some of the metal parts in

this thing so we know what to change. But just keep in mind, I'm just a Smart A$$

Plumber! (New Construction) I'm sensitive 'bout My Title :lol:

Oh, 'bout the "Dropped Sponson" idea,,,I like it alot,,but what does Bill or others

think about dropping the rear only and leaving the front where it is,,You Know What I mean "Rodney"??, Put a "pivot" pin (imaginary) in the front and "push"

the rear of the sponsons DOWN a 1/4" or so?? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

wswatzell said:
Hey Jerry!
I put the "water line" & scetched out a prop dia.  Will that work?

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...lbum=100&pos=18

80773[/snapback]

Hmmmm,,Did you move the transom "up" already in the drawing with the 1.4"?

I would take that to a 1.6" prop just to be safe,,also the top of a 2 blade prop

on my Sport 40's is a little "above" the bottom line of the transom,,dam near 1/4"

with the 1455 that it has on it. So I think the horizontal(propshaft) line would be

no more than a 1/2" below the transom bottom. I'M GUESSING :blink:

Very Important Here is that the "vertical" centerline of the prop is going to be Way

behind the end of the transom! Accually the very front of the "drive dog" will

probably be on the "vertical" line of the end of the transom,Or Close :huh:

"DROPPED SPONSONS" OK WITH ME, THE PROP SHOULD BE OK AS IT WOULDN'T REALLY BE UNDER THE BOAT ANYWAY, EVEN IF THE STRUT IS MOUNTED THROUGHT THE HULL BOTTOM, AS THE DRIVE DOG WILL BE EVEN WITH A LINE VERTICLE DOWN FROM THE TRANSOM, SO IT WILL BE BEHIND THE TRANSON AND HAVE A LITTLE MORE CLEARANCE.

WHAT ELSE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!! GOT A FEW MORE NICKLES I CAN SPEND ON THIS DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!! ("JERRY") ???????

missbudpilot55 said:
"DROPPED SPONSONS" OK WITH ME,  THE PROP SHOULD BE OK AS IT WOULDN'T REALLY BE UNDER THE BOAT ANYWAY, EVEN IF THE STRUT IS MOUNTED THROUGHT THE HULL BOTTOM, AS THE DRIVE DOG WILL BE EVEN WITH A LINE VERTICLE DOWN FROM THE TRANSOM, SO IT WILL BE BEHIND THE TRANSON AND HAVE A LITTLE MORE CLEARANCE.
WHAT ELSE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!  GOT A FEW MORE NICKLES I CAN SPEND ON THIS DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!  ("JERRY")  ???????

80788[/snapback]

Whattya Gotta Have? Notice We Said The Same Thing About The DriveDog?? :)

Back