ML Boatworks New Sport 20 Hydroplane for FE or nitro, pics and build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can see the kit list has morphed around some. Some sport 20 kits have been shipped, and those names dropped. I am going to get back on kit design some this week so maybe the sport 40 and 20L will be released soon. Thanks, Mike

Sport 20

1) ron1950

2) MarylandFE

3) Midnightsabatoge

4) Rightturnonly

5) voepel

6) ww29

7) Mike Buck-

8) Roger Mahan

9) Jason Boushard

Sport20L

1) Roger Mahan

2) Grazacind

3) Battlefury-Felix OSE

Sport 40

1)Jaike5

Sport 20 kit

1)Larry Conrad

2) tamalito

3) Doug Peterson

4) Doug Peterson

Sport20L Kit

Battlefury

Sport 40 kit

1) Bert Dygert

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of my personal hull I sold to a friend on OSE. He asked for a paint job, so I put one on it for him. Spirit of the Navy, Enjoy, Mike

DSCF3358.jpg

DSCF3360.jpg

DSCF3359.jpg

DSCF3361.jpg

Mike

Sweet job on the paint.

What is the difference between a sport 20 and a sport 20L?

TL

Tim, the sport 20 is 31" and the sport 20L is 33"...good for full P power.

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kent, you are correct! Speaking of, I plan on getting starting on the 20L and 40 this week. Need to finish up the designs! Mike

Thanks Kent, you are correct! Speaking of, I plan on getting starting on the 20L and 40 this week. Need to finish up the designs! Mike
Mike, let me know when you get ready to start on the sport 12 and I can pass on what I have found on the ones I had tried so far. If you need a motor/pipe to design around let me know.

Glenn

Sounds Great Glenn, I hope it will not be much longer till i am ready. Talk soon, Mike

Wats funny is youre getting better and better still with each build. Time to try a concours - Job though I know your busy. Have you looked at Tc's contest build on RR? Mike you make NC proud. Beautiful work!

Hugh

Last edited:
Thanks Hugh, I do appriciate the compliment. I will be honest tho, I am no where near Concouse quality. If you look around at some of the other builders out there, I am still very much an amatuer. Take a look at Don Ferrettes Smokin Joes builds, or Some of Fred Olsens builds (not sure if they are on public forums, but I have seen his work). They are at a much higher level than mine by far. Thanks tho, it means a lot! Mike

Say what you want. The executone build is definately moving in that direction. Yes those guys (you spoke of) do very nice work. You are getting there though. Really nice finish mike. Trying to figure how guys like you and randy stay organized. I end up with glue, tools, and materials all over the place each day.

Don is sickening coz not only does his boats look good theyre fast too! Havent met Mr Olson yet :(

Last edited:
Id really like to see you do that finlay 1/8th u-25 the hull design(tunnel) is very nice for an fe Balsa frame with 1/16th ply skin. When you get some time we will get together.

Hugh

Hugh, I have a U-25 Pay Pak hull available in 1/8th scale. What year were you needing? Mike

The other 6 kits were shipped Friday, so I should have your kit ready to ship this week Larry, and I will start the other builds, and start instruction manuals! Also, the Sport 40 design is now finished and I hope to get it into testing very very soon. mike

Mike its the turbine u-25 pak im speaking of. I see it on your hull roster list.

Last edited:
Back