at my wits end with electric............UL1 all is good now

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

o.k guys im at my wits end with this electric crap.............ive been out of the loop way to **** long... this has got to be one of the most aggrivating boats ive ever bought in my life.......

first its the crappy hull all distorted....

now i get my batts,, charge and balance them,,, plug them in and nothing but issues..... im bout ready to shove this thing up towers behind.................... :angry:

well here is the issue.... help me if you can........

when plugging in the lipos,, a massive arc whacks through the connector till its plugged in... then the esc either beeps constantly,,,doesnt beep at all,,, or will beep once then do nothing....... every time i plug in,, it does somthin different......

also while this is all goin on the bind light in the receiver flickers and rudder input is studdering with the light...

im so ready to burn this thing........ guess im sticking with nitro,,,,the thing i know best.....im so dang frustrated..... :angry:

any tips besides run it over with a car????????

biggest pile i ever purchased,, shoulda built a jae .21 instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sorry to hear. I was thinking of buying one, guess not. Hope you figure out the electronics of it. If so, my vote would be for Phils new Stealth 20 hydro and burn the UL1 hull in a fire with a nice ice cold beer. Good luck.

TL

Alden it may be something as simple as your throttle trim adjustment on your transmitter. Set it to nuetral and if it constantly beeps turn it left or right until you get the 1 beep and it stops. that will initialize everything at the nuetral point. then hold it full throttle and you should get a beep then release the trigger to nuetral and you will get the final beeps. if this fails please contact Aquacraft product support and they will help get this resolved.

regards

jack

thank you jack for your reply... things sure arent as simple as they used to be...i will give that a try....upon initial inspection when i received the hull,,,i noticed the esc was plugged into the batt. port...so i corrected it...i wonder if maybe they put power to it like that and it cooked somthing???

alden

I doubt if any power was applied to it at that time. Let's start with the trim adjustment and work from there.

Note: you may need to switch the throttle servo reverse switch.... I believe it should be set to 'R'

jack

Alden, another tip for you.

Pull the drive shaft out and resolder it where the flex cable goes into the solid drive shaft.

I used silver solder on mine.

jack

i will for sure do that jack.,,was actually thinking that id grab a shaft from ose.. but lets first see if i can even get the prop to spin...lol...

jack is your ul1 distorted badly??

Stock radio? I've had AQ esc arming issues with Spektrum radio. I have to dial in some strange travel and trim points.

Either does nothing, beeps constantly or arms with the throttle direction reversed.

You could also try re binding the rx using an external battery pack.

ya its the stock radio....jack hit the nail on the head... had a servo trim issue,,, also the servo/esc direction was wrong... i switched the direction plugged in and and started messing with the trim knob... bango,,, linked up fine... so thank the lord i was just to dumb to figure it out and it wasnt broken...lol....... in all reality this info should be in the manual...

i did manage to get it in the water this morning... it worked well,, had some good speed.. then it tossed a blade off that plastic prop... which i expected,, its very common... other than that it did run quite well,,, but i bet it would be much much faster with a hull thats flat and square....

so anyway jack,,, my hull is severely distorted,,, do you think its worth a call to hobby services to see if it can be replaced???? its quite bad.....

thank you dick,,mark,,and jack... very much appriciated....... dick if i have issues im callin you..... :D :lol:

alden

will do,,,thanks for the link...maybe they can replace the hull for me,,,i hope anyway...ill keep you posted my friend,,,thank you again jack,,you have been a great help...

alden

jack i took some pics... but i figured i would post here first before sending them to hobbico... just to kinda get your take on the situation.... or anyone elses take for that matter......so here are the pics with a straight edge on the hull in various positions...the picture with my fingers on the straight edge there seems to be a massive hump directly under where my fingers are...

ul1 bottom.jpg

ul1 bottom 4.jpg

ul1 bottom 3.jpg

ul1 bottom 2.jpg

ul1 bottom 1.jpg

I would say there is def an issue there. Now, is that "hump" all the way across the tunnel floor? If so, perhaps that is a "break" and supposed to be there for air flow purposes? But the back is way to inconsistent, for it to supposed to be that way..... in my opinion anyhow.

The front to back "crooked" you are seeing is the break point of the roof.. normal.. the side to side.. not sure in the pic whats going on.

Grim

ok, so there is a break there. I figured as much. The side to side though looks as if it is badly warped.

Yea.. im not sure whats going on with that.. it does look like eather a bulge or a sink.. just not sure.. I have not seen that before.

Grim

grim i do understand its the break in the roof..... but at that point there is a huge lump that looks like it was injection molded there..... you can see the fall out in the side to side and from the break in the roof to the corner... its got quite the wopp in it.......i just sent pics to the email addy jack listed... we will see what happens... this is my third aquacraft product ive purchased,,,, neither the miss vegas,,or the sv were no where near like this...

well jack,, guess i shoulda done that soldering thing sooner... lost the whole show...stub snapped off the cable... the crappiest part of it was the dang strut bushing fell out to..cant win with this thing man.......

so off to the for sale forum to see if anyone has a strut bushing....... :( oh ya,,, and hobbico emailed me back,,,,,,, said i would have to send the whole boat back,,let them inspect it and make a decision... so in other words,, hurry up and wait..... proly be a month without the boat.... im really really regretting buying this thing...... :(

Back