at my wits end with electric............UL1 all is good now

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pop the strut loose from the bracket, its possible that the stuffing tube is putting pressure on the bottom of the hull and distorting it (or may have been from the factory and the glass may have acquired memory from it) and im not saying who I would buy a replacement RTR shaft and bushing from.

that was actually one of the first things i thought mike,,,as the strut was jacked up like it was a jack stand... hobbico said they would replace the boat so i think im just gonna send it in... sucks i have to do that but it is what it is....

They replaced a Deuce for me once and total turnaround was a little over a week. Aquacraft has one of the best customer service departments in the business. If there is a problem on their end, they will take care of it. I wish there were more businesses like Aquacraft in the RC hobby. I'm sure you will get that boat lined out Alden.

Thanks Jeremy for the good ping for Aqua..

Cam.. I have asked the "old boat" to come to me.. I want to see it... Not sure I will report my findings here I just want a better understanding of "if" or what might have happen.

Grim

thats awsome mike...... like i said,,, i have aquacraft products, several of them,, ive never once seen one so out of whack... slap a straight edge across it... let me know your findings......just rub your hand down it... this is the first time ive ever had to warranty anything through hobbico,,and i have to say,,they were straight foward and sent a shipping label really quick... :) ... she also stated at most 2 weeks,,, so thats not bad.....

i in no way was trying to start a boycott or anything against aquacraft... im all for the products they make.... i was just severely frustrated with the events that took place after i opened the box... the two times i did put it in the water,,, it was fast,, for sure,,no doubt about it.....it made me smile while it was out on the water.... i really have to thank jack L for pointing me in the direction to make the boat work...... i think that was the most frustrating thing about it......

alden

o.k guys im at my wits end with this electric crap.............ive been out of the loop way to **** long... this has got to be one of the most aggrivating boats ive ever bought in my life.......

first its the crappy hull all distorted....

now i get my batts,, charge and balance them,,, plug them in and nothing but issues..... im bout ready to shove this thing up towers behind.................... :angry:

well here is the issue.... help me if you can........

when plugging in the lipos,, a massive arc whacks through the connector till its plugged in... then the esc either beeps constantly,,,doesnt beep at all,,, or will beep once then do nothing....... every time i plug in,, it does somthin different......

also while this is all goin on the bind light in the receiver flickers and rudder input is studdering with the light...

im so ready to burn this thing........ guess im sticking with nitro,,,,the thing i know best.....im so dang frustrated..... :angry:

any tips besides run it over with a car????????

biggest pile i ever purchased,, shoulda built a jae .21 instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't give up on FE

I was a true Stuck Up Snob Nitro Racer my whole life.....

Then I got an UL-1 and learned a whole lot and now run FE Only.....

I Love it.....

Though I sold my UL-1 it was a great way to get my feet wet and it runs pretty darn good to boot.

FE is pretty Impressive with the torque and RPM and is like no-other with Zero to Full power response

time...It will grow on you....quickly

Joe

i completely understand joe... i do like the brushless/lipo technology,, and like you said the ul1 is a good to get your feet wet with.... im sure when everything comes together for me it will be fine....

ac

im happy to report i received my new ul1 yesterday and it is so much better than the first one i received... like overall a much better boat.... when i opened it the esc was clean and didnt have half the sticker ripped,,, +++++,, it was actually still stuck to the velcro..+++++,,, the esc was hooked up correctly...++++++++... the bottom of the hull is so so much better... that one side that showed on my pics that seemed warped out,, on this hull its a night and day difference... thank you aquacraft and hobby services/hobbico... oh by the way the esc instantly worked out of the box,,no reversing servos or trim adjustments...++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

alden

Last edited by a moderator:
Alden, I know for a fact that the esc,motor, radio combo works correctly (I did that myself) as well as the shaft has been checked.

I hope you enjoy the new boat.

jack i thank you and everyone else at aquacraft...super stand up service...and just a week turn around...this is my third aquacraft product,,and wont be my last.. i like everything you guys stand for....thank you kindly...

alden

well guys had the ul1 out today for some testing,,, all went very well,,, no broken shafts,,no lost props,, all in all a great day at the lake.... ive messed around with the setup quite a bit,,, seems my fastest setups produce chine walk... any suggestions on how to calm the chine??? i can get it out of it playing with the setup,,but it doesnt yield the same speeds... i personaly like my boats a little on the loose side.. i was going to possibly see if mounting the batts sideways would help???

currently running the 40x52... the chine will settle if slight rudder input is added.. but i figure its cause its physically dropping speed when input is added.....

any suggestions??? im still obviously trying to find the optimum setup,, just didnt have tons of time at the lake today.....

ac

Jack.. thanks for helping Alden.. I know its your "Job" but you do it with pride.. it shows.

Alden. I like the L38X55 on that boat.. its not the fastest but for sport running its good.. then just cup the prop tips and your on to the next level of performance.

Not to much can be done to help with the chine walk.. the boat was not designed to go that fast and packs a ton of air.. placing an air dam on the boat is about your best bet.

Keep rocken!

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you mike for the information,,,i know you have alot on your plate right now,,,and for you to take the time to respond is greatly appriciated....

jack is for sure a stand up guy,,many thanks to him....

i kinda figured this hull was being pushed to its limits.... it amazed me how fast it is actually...electrics have come leaps and bounds for sure....

thank you mike,,jack,,and aquacraft...

alden

Back