ML Boatworks GS480 "L&L special" Gas Outboard Tunnel kit-Build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Secondary ride pads. These are the final step in the sponson bottoms. Again, the dowel hole templates are there, I chose not to use them, instead opting for the 1/8"x1/8" blocks on the inside edge to ensure correct overlap:

DSCF3066.jpg

DSCF3067.jpg

DSCF3068.jpg

And now the sponson top decks get glued on. Again, I glued some blocks, this time only 1/16" x 1/16" wide as you don't have as much material overhang with these. This is where I am at now, they are in the garage drying right now! Stay tuned, I am getting the radio box designed, and transom plates recut taller. This will delay me about a week before I start the center section.

DSCF3071.jpg

Thanks Darrell, it was a great idea on your part! haha

Here are some pics of the dry fit center section and the finished sponsons. I just finished drawing up the custom radio box, new transom plates, and air brakes(forgot to draw them with the original kit!):

DSCF3072.jpg

DSCF3073.jpg

DSCF3074.jpg

DSCF3075.jpg

Well Mike this build just took on new meaning. Took my ERC boat out for testing today and the sponson bottom separated from the inside edge of the sponson about 20 inches or so! Seems like every year I wind up with a gas tunnel disater two months before the next race. Hope the rest of the build goes smooth so I can get it soon. Here I go agin, thrashing. Beasley

Sorry to hear about that James. Seems like you have hardly even used that boat? Should be back on your hull later this week once the parts arrive.

Orders for the gas tunnel are starting to creep in, so I better start a list, along with the other builds I have going on or soon starting:

Here is the list:

PS295

1)Dpeterson- Centers finished,sponsons 50% -Paid

2)Jeepers- Centers finished,sponsons 50% -Paid

3)Dan Proulx - Centers finished, sponsons 50%-Paid

4)Mgcrimson- Centers finished, sponsons 50%,custom transom holes, mahogany top decks, pilot holes for os lower, extra cowling-Paid

5)Dpeterson-Centers finished, sponsons 50%-Paid

6)Dpeterson-Centers finished, sponsons 50%-Paid

7)ww29-Paid

8)Paul Renna- NS295

9)Dustin Sontag

10)Chummer

11)Ken Hildrith-NS295

12)Rightturnonly -Hull,Clearcoat, drill and add threaded inserts to the transom, add a servo mount, add threw hull water fittings, make correct steering rods w/ boots, 4-40 rods, ball ends, and lock collars

13)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

QS370

1) Grazacind- Hull kit ordered, sponsons separate for shipping to Australia, mahogany top decks and ride pads, cowling painted-Paid

GS480

1) James Beasley

2) Ron Shaw

3) Kenny Mudd

ADJUST20

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

9) Doug "Your Nightmare" Smock

10) Rightturnonly

NE270

1) Carol Loeb

Scale Builds

1)Buddy Lowe- '83 Miss Rock KISW, finish paintwork

2)Mike Buck- Winston Lobster build, SS21-RaptorRigger-EagleSGX:Winston eagle paintwork for these 3 hulls

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some new build pics. I received the radio box and transom parts yesterday. I got the radio box started, and as you can see, it has a really nice radio tray which is customizeable depending on the buyers needs. I can set the tray up to be cut per their instructions. Also got the new, taller transom parts. I did the initial tack up this morning. I will cut foam probably sunday or monday, and get the center former top deck installed. I am done for the day as the storm is closing in, and I have some things to do around the house. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF3077.jpg

DSCF3078.jpg

DSCF3079.jpg

DSCF3080.jpg

DSCF3082.jpg

Mike, you do some beautiful work!! Love that gas tunnel!!

Will.....I didn't know you were getting a PS295 built.....NICE!!!! LMK if you need any help picking out lipos, chargers, whatever you need bro!

You guys (and everyone else in the storm's path) stay safe this weekend!!!!!!

-Kent

Looking Great Mike! The Air Force authorities made all of us living in the RV Camp evacuate yesterday. Had to move 2 RVs, 5 cars, 3 cargo trailers, board 1 cat and drag along one dog! I was exhausted last night for sure. Now ,of course since they made us move, the storm is only a Cat 1, just a big storm at my location. My RC stuff will be so mixed up I will never find anything I need after having to pack it all up and get it moved in 12 hours! Beasley

Gonna try and finish the center former tomorrow.

Here is an updated project list:

PS295

1)Dpeterson- Hull Built, needs epoxy coat -Paid

2)Jeepers- Hull Built, needs epoxy coat -Paid

3)Dan Proulx - Hull Built, needs epoxy coat-Paid

4)Mgcrimson- Centers finished, sponsons 90,custom transom holes, mahogany top decks, pilot holes for os lower, extra cowling-Paid

5)Dpeterson-Centers finished, sponsons 90%-Paid

6)Dpeterson-Centers finished, sponsons 90%-Paid

7)ww29-Kit Ordered, Paid

8)Paul Renna- NS295

9)Dustin Sontag

10)Chummer

11)Ken Hildrith-NS295

12)Rightturnonly -Hull,Clearcoat, drill and add threaded inserts to the transom, add a servo mount, add threw hull water fittings, make correct steering rods w/ boots, 4-40 rods, ball ends, and lock collars

13)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

QS370

1) Grazacind- Kit arrived, sponsons separate for shipping to Australia, mahogany top decks and ride pads, cowling painted-Paid

GS480

1) James Beasley- Sponsons done, Center 75%

2) Ron Shaw- Kit Ordered

3) Kenny Mudd-Kit Ordered, Deposit made

ADJUST20 (Hull in development)

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

9) Doug "Your Nightmare" Smock

10) Rightturnonly

11) voepel

NX270

1) Carol Loeb

Scale Builds

1)Buddy Lowe- '83 Miss Rock KISW, finish paintwork

2)Mike Buck- Winston Lobster build, SS21-RaptorRigger-EagleSGX:Winston eagle paintwork for these 3 hulls

Back