ML Boatworks GS480 "L&L special" Gas Outboard Tunnel kit-Build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Center former finished up, boat bonded together, stumble pads installed, etc. Enjoy the pics! I will have more once I get the final epoxy coat done. Mike

DSCF3086.jpg

DSCF3087.jpg

Brody says "This boat is woofin awesome!"

DSCF3089.jpg

DSCF3095.jpg

You will see in the previous pics that tape is on the sponsons. I put down tape before I spread thickened up West systems in all the seams. This helps ensure the boat is water tight. Here is the hull with its first epoxy coat:

DSCF3097.jpg

DSCF3098.jpg

DSCF3099.jpg

Thanks Kent. He is my boy!

Should have the 6 PS295's finished and ready for shipping by Wednesday.

Here is the list:

PS295

1)Dpeterson- Hull Built, needs epoxy coat -Paid

2)Jeepers- Hull Built, needs epoxy coat -Paid

3)Dan Proulx - Hull Built, needs epoxy coat-Paid

4)Mgcrimson- Centers finished, sponsons now have mahogany installed, Just need to bond sponsons to center ,custom transom holes, pilot holes for os lower, extra cowling-Paid

5)Dpeterson-Hull Built, needs epoxy coat-Paid

6)Dpeterson-Hull Built, needs epoxy coat-Paid

7)ww29-Kit Ordered, Paid

8)Paul Renna- NS295

9)Dustin Sontag

10)Chummer

11)Ken Hildrith-NS295

12)Rightturnonly -Hull,Clearcoat, drill and add threaded inserts to the transom, add a servo mount, add threw hull water fittings, make correct steering rods w/ boots, 4-40 rods, ball ends, and lock collars

13)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

QS370

1) Grazacind- Kit arrived, sponsons separate for shipping to Australia, mahogany top decks and ride pads, cowling painted-Paid

GS480

1) James Beasley- Finished, picking up monday

2) Ron Shaw- Kit Ordered

3) Kenny Mudd-Kit Ordered, Deposit made

ADJUST20 (Hull in development)

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

9) Doug "Your Nightmare" Smock

10) Rightturnonly

11) voepel

NX270

1) Carol Loeb- Kit ordered

Scale Builds

1)Buddy Lowe- '83 Miss Rock KISW, finish paintwork

2)Kevin V. Hawaii Kai Build

3)Kevin V. Bud Humpback Build

4)Mike Buck- Winston Lobster build, SS21-RaptorRigger-EagleSGX:Winston eagle paintwork for these 3 hulls

english springer spaniel. We have one also. Maverick is his name. Great dog, except he has HORRID food aggression. Been 3 1/2 years and still working with him on it. Started to see some progress though as of late. Awesome, smart dogs.

I can build you one, but it will never be able to be shipped to AU..at least not at a cost you will be willing to pay!!! And that sucks, cause you are the second guy to ask about one from AU. Mike

Those that have paid, your kits are arriving on Saturday. There was probably the worse delay yet on wood from the supplier, so everything got put behind. Hopefully I can get started on your builds soon. Thanks, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the list:

PS295

1)ww29-Center section built, sponsons start today, Paid

2)Dustin Sontag

3)Ken Hildrith-NS295

4)Rightturnonly -Hull,Clearcoat, drill and add threaded inserts to the transom, add a servo mount, add threw hull water fittings, make correct steering rods w/ boots, 4-40 rods, ball ends, and lock collars

5)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

6)CHIEFY_44

7)Willam McCay

GS480

1) Ron Shaw- Radio box built, Center former almost done,Deposit made

2) Kenny Mudd-Kit Radio box shipped, Center former almost done, Deposit made

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

10) Rightturnonly

11) voepel

Scale Builds

1)Kevin V. Hawaii Kai Build

2)Kevin V. Bud Humpback Build

That was for the gas tunnel right? Man, I just don't understand why nothing over 42" in AU is allowable! Really kills the market to a lot of interested individuals!

I just shipped a gas tunnel too Ausi. about a 3 weeks ago and I used shipnext.com they where the cheapest and that cost $354.00 to ship.

Wow, Still pricey for shipping.

Larry, its a sport 20 I am developing.

Bill, I will let you know when I am ready for your payment, just hang tight! Thanks, Mike

Here is the list:

PS295

1)ww29-Hull Done, epoxy coat today, another tomorrow, and clearcoat first of next week, Paid

2)Dustin Sontag

3)Ken Hildrith-NS295

4)Rightturnonly -Hull,Clearcoat, drill and add threaded inserts to the transom, add a servo mount, add threw hull water fittings, make correct steering rods w/ boots, 4-40 rods, ball ends, and lock collars

5)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

6)CHIEFY_44

7)William McCay

GS480

1) Ron Shaw- Radio box built, center former 60%, Sponsons started, Deposit made

2) Kenny Mudd-Kit Radio box shipped, center former 60%, Sponsons started, Deposit made

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

10) Rightturnonly

11) voepel

Scale Builds

Wow, Still pricey for shipping.

Larry, its a sport 20 I am developing.

Bill, I will let you know when I am ready for your payment, just hang tight! Thanks, Mike

Here is the list:

PS295

1)ww29-Hull Done, epoxy coat today, another tomorrow, and clearcoat first of next week, Paid

2)Dustin Sontag

3)Ken Hildrith-NS295

5)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

6)CHIEFY_44

7)William McCay

GS480

1) Ron Shaw- Radio box built, center former 60%, Sponsons started, Deposit made

2) Kenny Mudd-Kit Radio box shipped, center former 60%, Sponsons started, Deposit made

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

10) Rightturnonly

11) voepel

Scale Builds

Mike L.(or anyone else that can answer this question),

Do you know the gas engine size, LSG27 or LSG36, acceptable for the gas tunnel you are building for me? I forgot to ask this question in Charleston since, (from what I see in the IMPBA LSG Rule book), it is not an official class. If running in Open Tunnel both would be acceptable but what about gas tunnel? Thanks.

Ron, I am really not sure. Buddy Lowe knows and Dick probably does.

Pulse, just let me know if you find a way to ship it, and we will get it done!

Mike

Here is the list:

PS295

2)Rightturnonly -Hull,Clearcoat, drill and add threaded inserts to the transom, add a servo mount, add threw hull water fittings, make correct steering rods w/ boots, 4-40 rods, ball ends, and lock collars

3)P-Chop Tonnnnyyyy!!!!

4)CHIEFY_44

5)William McCay

6)Larry Conrad-ns295

7)tmiton

1) HOTWATER

2) ron1950

3) Diegoboy

4) Midnightsabatoge

5) sailr

6) MarylandFE

7) moonlighter112

8) Bigwaveohs

10) Rightturnonly

11) voepel

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so the guys in Australia know, I found out my laser guy can get boxes 48" in length into AU, so this means I can ship the gas tunnel kit in its normal form to AU. Anyone want to give it a try, I will talk to him and see what it would cost. He says he can do it by USPS and has shipping ARF airplanes with a 52" long box there before. So I am really interested to see this happen. It would open a lot of doors! Mike

The first kits arrived to australia today, in a 48" box! That means anyone needing gas tunnel kits in AU can get the full wood kit without dovetails! Let me know if anyone needs a kit. Also, i am finishing up Kenny's GAS tunnel this week. I just got my (2) 2'x4' granite counter top stations setup, ensuring the builds will be spot on! Mike

Back