Thanks Bob!! SAWs Portersville, PA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilli

Spent the day up in Porterville, PA yesterday attending my first SAW's event. The pond in Portersville is a beautiful venue and with the leaves peaking it was even more spectacular. We had racers from California, Canada, Ohio attend and I came up from Virginia. I want to thank Bob for a great time. It was great getting to know him as well as other racers from around the country..... ehh make that continent. We had some technical difficulties early in the day and Bob worked his butt off getting the problem squared away. He also did almost all of the boat retrievals.

As for the records, the SS Gas Cat and Mono records fell so the guys from Elizabeth City and Huntsville will have their work cut out for them. Even though the winds were light most of the day, the FE guys couldnt get the water we needed till the sun started setting. I was going for the Q- Tunnel record (74 mph) with a 33 inch long cat. I must of made close to 10 attempts all day and was getting very frustrated. The boat would either blow over or when I adjusted it to stay right side up, she would run slow (low 70's). I knew I had the power to take the record as the boat had GPS'ed at 79 during testing. I was coming to the realization that for whatever reason, the prop I was using was just not going to do the job. So I decided to prop up a for the last attempt as the sun started setting. Bill Oxidean gave the prop a tweak and off we went. The water was now flat. Not glass but all the little ripples went away. On the first pass I ripped a 87 and change. :eek: On the return pass she took flight 30 feet from the beam and sailed over it. Doooh!! I don't know who was more disappointed, Bob or myself. The sun was setting and park closes at dark. The guys wanted me to stay an extra day but I had to get back home. So no record for me but thats life. Anytime day you can spend a beautiful fall day doing what you love with friends, thats a good day by me.

Thanks Bob for a great time!! Bill, thanks for the prop work. It was nice getting to know you. We'll do it again.

Nex stop, Elizabeth City.. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I was there. I didn't know there was a gas cat super stock class. When did that get voted in? Bob is the best! Hammer and Nails go together well.

John

Yeah John I didn''t know about it either until I was reading some post on the GAS nats for this year and they mentioned it. SO I bought a used Cat and through in a brand new Zenoha with an Xcan muffler and started the SS cat records off for all 3 courses. I already have my cat sold and am sending the engine off to get modded and sold my Xcans after having to go through the required technical inspections 7 times I figured it's time to get out of the SS classes too much a PITA for the tech inspection. I'll stick with the other classes. Plus with Kevin's new proposal to allow pipes in the SS classes it will just make those another LSG 27 class.

I saw pictures of Bob's site it is very nice looking with the changing trees. I may have to make it up there next year.

Wish I was there. I didn't know there was a gas cat super stock class. When did that get voted in? Bob is the best! Hammer and Nails go together well.

John

Funny how all three of your names came up in conversation yesterday. All in high regard!! ;)

Funny how all three of your names came up in conversation yesterday. All in high regard!! ;)
Chilli,

That Q boat is awesome some people came back and asked were was it. You know what you have to do to make go now.

You will get her done. Thanxs for coming.

Nails

What records were set and what speeds? Need to know for the next trial. See you soon Chilli!

Hi John,

Thanx for taking my calls even while the boss was there. You help was valuable in helping me with my tech problems. Also You help

With Graham Humpfreys mono. He improved it by 10%. Up to 57.1 MPH. Great performance for and out of the box cool looking mono. Times will be posted on the IMPA web site.

You are the man

Nails

Go Fast Record Trials. Lake X

Thanx to Bill Oxdean,San Fransco,Ca, Mike Chirlo, VIirginia Doug Click,Ohio, Rick Maston,Ohio. Graham Humpfreys,Canada

Thanx to the State Park for a great place to hold our RT.

Fun was had by all

Nails

Back