Restoring 63' Tahoe Miss

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kevin - Sorry I over-reacted but hey - it was more fun than kickin' the dog! You're right - we just got crossed up. I'm still at work (doin' a little IW surfin'). I'll e-mail you when I get home or in the AM.

Thanks - Larry

Did you ever measure 10 times and still screw it up. Does the size of my letters look right to you guy's?????

002-6.jpg

Hey Kevin - looks pretty good but maybe just a whisker too big? Go to lesliefield.com (hydroplane history). Click on enter, then boats/teams, then boats & then Tahoe Miss. There are some pics & one is a left front 1/4 shot that might give you a good comparison.

Larry

I have that picture a a few others and to get the positioning right they needed to be this size. smaller and it did not cover the area like on the real one....... Hell no ones gonna be looking at the letters just the big Allison as I speed by LOL

The last four coats of clear went on tonight. Some wet sanding to get ride of dust bunnies (sucks having to paint in my garage) and a good polish and she's good to go this weekend,

003-4.jpg

001-7.jpg

002-8.jpg

It looks good. Just like it did when you first got it. How's that for a chuckle?

Al Hobbs

Back