2021 NAMBA Nationals 50th Anniversary

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lohring,
If you pit near us, we will have a generator available. Since Kelly, Mark and Eric are all running electrics. It might be tough to get the generator in your little car with all your crap. At least bring along a 100" cord.
Mike

Mike, thanks. I would love to pit with all of you. How big is your generator? My 1000 watt Honda won't charge 4 - 4S cells at once. I'm planning to get there Thursday early afternoon. When are all of you planning to get there?

Lohring Miller

Kelly and I should be there noon ish on weds. Kellys Gen has 2200 watts. That should be plenty for all. Plus there is the 12v in the trailer. Ok...why the he'll you need to charge 4x 4s batteries. You only kill one at a time. There will be plenty of time between rounds. 2 to 3 hours.

The 1/8 scale runs 8S with 4 4S packs. There's still probably plenty of time between rounds.

Lohring Miller

Lohring, to answer your question about plug in electrical, it is only available for the drivers stand equipment!
So yes you will need a generator!

Don, that's what I remembered. I plan to depend on the District 8 group to have a little more room in my car. I cooked two ESCs testing this weekend, though. I repurposed one from another boat and hope a new one will come before I leave and will fit in my rigger. It will be great to see all of my NAMBA friends. That's my main reason for going.

Lohring Miller

Don, that's what I remembered. I plan to depend on the District 8 group to have a little more room in my car. I cooked two ESCs testing this weekend, though. I repurposed one from another boat and hope a new one will come before I leave and will fit in my rigger. It will be great to see all of my NAMBA friends. That's my main reason for going.

Lohring Miller
Same with me,looking forward to seeing friends from distance places!

I have a couple questions.
1. Are the banquets/dinners going to be held outside?
2. Is there a mask policy for indoor events?

Can’t wait to see everyone in a week or so!

I have a couple questions.
1. Are the banquets/dinners going to be held outside?
2. Is there a mask policy for indoor events?

Can’t wait to see everyone in a week or so!

California rules require us to wear masks indoors unless to eat or drink. So, walking through the hotel, you are supposed to wear a mask.

Two of the parties will be held outside. Two will be held inside.

California rules require us to wear masks indoors unless to eat or drink. So, walking through the hotel, you are supposed to wear a mask.

Two of the parties will be held outside. Two will be held inside.
unless vacinated? or...

To: 2021 NAMBA Nationals entrants

Please see the below information in preparation for the upcoming Nationals. For any questions, please reach out to anyone of us on the Nationals Committee.
Park entrance and pit setup ‐ starting Thursday Sept 16th:

The traffic pattern for entering and exiting the race site will be through the Durfee parking lot and the Legg Lake service road. The Durfee parking lot is located at 555 Durfee Avenue, South El Monte, CA 91733.
When you arrive Thursday morning, wait in the parking lot until you are directed to drive into the race site. Do not line up on the service road, if you do you may be required to back out and return to the Durfee parking lot. We will begin letting people into the pits at 8:00 am. Do not drive faster than 5 mph in the Durfee parking lot or on the service road, joggers and walkers use that road as well and have the right of way.
Pit areas will be assigned based upon the size of your trailer, length of stay, and how much room you need. Do not just take a pit site, as some pit areas are reserved for the handicapped and race officials.
For those used to entering Legg Lake through the Army Corps field along Rosemead, that entrance will not be used. That gate will be locked and if you try to enter through the field, you will not be allowed in the pit area. We anticipate parking in that field within a specific area, but if that area is filled up other vehicles will need to park in the Durfee parking lot.
Please note that a park entrance fee of $7 a day will be charge on the weekends when a parking attendant is on duty.
Selling restrictions:

Los Angeles County has stringent regulations concerning sales made at the Legg Lake race site. For us to allow you to make sales at the race site, NAMBA is required to pay large additional fees and post a large deposit with the Los Angeles County Treasurer. NAMBA would be required to collect 10% of all sales, including private sales of used boating items.

Because of the stringent requirements, we must refuse to allow any sales to be made within our leased area at the race site. This includes manufacturers, resellers, and individual sales. You may display your products and prices. You may take orders for future deliveries. You may deliver goods previously bought and paid for online, but you cannot make a sale within the area leased for the 2021 NAMBA Nationals. This will be a non‐vendor location.

Because NAMBA is a not‐for‐profit organization registered in California, we are allowed to take donations and make gifts in return. T‐shirts and other souvenir items will be at the site, depending on the size of your donation you will receive a gift in return.

Miscellaneous information:

• There will be 24‐hour security throughout the entire Nationals. However, be sure to watch your pit area as the area is not closed to the public.
  • NAMBA Safety Rules will be in effect throughout every day of the Nationals during the various events and during open water. NAMBA National Rules will be enforced, this includes those around individual behavior. We expect all members to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
  • Drivers’ meetings will be at 7:00 am the first Saturday Sept 18th and 7:30 am each day thereafter. Racing will start at 8:00 am each day. Some days will be very busy, and we will need your cooperation to keep the event moving. So be prepared for your heats as there will not be time to delay, waiting for someone who has forgotten which heat they are in.
  • A food truck will be on site to take care of your food needs at lunch, but we will not be taking lunch breaks.
  • For those staying in their RV at the host hotel: Please call Al Hobbs @ 406‐590‐ 0923 or Richard Romero @ 520‐631‐8656 when you arrive and someone meet you to show you where the camping area is located and get you parked within it.

We look forward to seeing you and enjoying a memorable NAMBA Nationals Event. Travel safely and we will see you soon.

The 2021 NAMBA Nationals Committee

Richard,
Will we be picking up race packets at the site? Does it also included all the extra goodies we paid for already?
Mike

Latest posts

Back