PLEASE READ IMPBA SPORT 20/40 RULES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All is good. I agree that the SP40 has the potential to go the way of the Gas crowd, but do those hulls really run that much better? THe fastest hull doesn't always win.......LOL

All is good. I agree that the SP40 has the potential to go the way of the Gas crowd, but do those hulls really run that much better? THe fastest hull doesn't always win.......LOL
I was at a race last weekend several gas hydros running. The new versions were present. When they stay hooked up they are very fast,but most kited and hated any left input. IMHO the rules that are being redone are an attempt to keep these sp20/sp40 classes pure no more no less. Can a better mousetrap be made certainly,do people push the rules definitely.

In my opinion, a simple minimum transom width as a % of overall (or tunnel) width will address the concern.This would keep the mod riggers at bay.

As for the kiting, the width at the rear provides lift moment to reduce the tendency for blowoff. One reason that riggers came about.....LOL

Back