Pipe Talk.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the thred at Marty's after the site came back up, nothing yet, just harder is faster so far,

Gene ;D

I stumbled on to a process for making composite pipes that I never thought of. If I could get the type of resin needed and a place to buy it I would like to share the process here.

I could also use some pipe dimensions to try for .12 and .15's

Mike

And some verbage for the formula:

Guy's, measure up some choices and post em 8)

Gene ;D

I looks like I need to measure my exaust port and timing of the engine I want to use.

I wonder if I could get a excel spread sheet to calculate formulas so I could just plug in numbers.

It would be interesting to measure some pipes I have been using and see what they are tuned for.

Mike

WHEW, MAN O MAN ,

ONE MORE TIME , YES YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PIPE A BETTER ONE BY #1 PUT IT IN AN OVEN AT 400 DEGRES FOR 20 MIN. THEN VERY CAREFULLY WITH GLOVES ON , DROP IT INTO A BUCKET OF ICE COLD WATER , NOW HERE IS THE BIG TRICK , YOU MUST HAVE A WIFE THAST IS VERY FOREGIVING,??? FOR YOU WILL SMOKE UP /AND STINK UP THE HUSE , IF YOU HAVE THAT THEN YOU CAN DO THE ABOVE , J. IRWIN

Mike,

Yeah that would be cool to have it in Excel, also a easy way to find out if ya werent sure what engine the pipe was for,

Just plug in the numbers ;)

Jim,

Sounds easy enough, Thanks for the tip,

Gene ;D

I may just have to try that.. It'll be easy for me to get away with.. First off honey, this is YOUR pipe!!! :D Secondly, do you remember the smell from the varnish you did for the front door?? ??? Can't compare to that smell... : :)

Thanks for the tip Jim...

Mark...........

OB Nut Racing: Great to have a wife that runs boats ;D

Say Jim..May be just sliping the pipe next to the Turkey on Thankgiving ;D...Oooopes Hon ..

WHEW, MAN O MAN ,

ONE MORE TIME , YES YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PIPE A BETTER ONE BY #1 PUT IT IN AN OVEN AT 400 DEGRES FOR 20 MIN. THEN VERY CAREFULLY WITH GLOVES ON , DROP IT INTO A BUCKET OF ICE COLD WATER , NOW HERE IS THE BIG TRICK , YOU MUST HAVE A WIFE THAST IS VERY FOREGIVING,??? FOR YOU WILL SMOKE UP /AND STINK UP THE HUSE , IF YOU HAVE THAT THEN YOU CAN DO THE ABOVE , J. IRWIN
J.I,

Did you have any problems with pipes cracking or going soft as a result of this temper process?

Tim.

Hey Aussies, remember to convert that 400 degrees from Farenheit into Celcius....

Then again you could use the pool of molten metal to cast a new pipe???

EMS Racing feel the heat

MikeP, Gener or anyone else...I have a tuned pipe calculator program I think I can email. Just let me know. It's fun to just play around with!

Propjocky,

Please send me a copy of the pipe program, I tried building one excel but it doesn't seem to work right.

Mike

I would be interested in a copy also. The "O" at the end of GASNG0 is a zero. Thanks in advance.

Dr.Dee

Dr.Dee...do you have another email? The file is over two megs and won't go through...Hotmail says the attachment is too big.

Latest posts

Back