OLD DOMINION MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot one thing. how much is gas going these days in the DC area? $1.90 here in illinois.

carl

For those that didn't make it....you missed a really good time and some Excellent racing organized by Preston and some others from ODMBA

I can’t wait until next year’s race,

South Carolina Boaters made a very strong showing. I'd like to extend another thanks to Mr. Clegg, the Knights and the Gilbert family for coming up and bringing the heat :blink: . I know of at least 1 first place in class Plaque that fast group ended up taking home :p

Maybe we'll get a chance to reclaim them next year ;)

Topfuel has the fastest Villain I've ever seen by a long stretch and a way better tunnel driver than me :blink:

you S.C. guys really are great drivers

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering how "BillyB/ Kev/James" all on tha water at the same time was gonna go :lol:

Was it Duck, Dodge and Hide....... :eek: ;)

Kidding ya Dudes, Sounds like Yall had FUN!!!

Gener :p

izitbrokeyet? said:
For those that didn't make it....you missed a really good time and some Excellent racing organized by Preston and some others from ODMBA
I can’t wait until next year’s race,
Yup, some really good racing, virtually every class was undecided until the final round. It was great to meet some of the guys from I/W who made the trip. :D

I had a great time in Chesapeake this weekend. Thanks to the Chesapeake crew for running a smooth event, looking forward to next year.

Kev, I appreciate the compliments, your boat isnt to shabby either, I dont have anything for those Novarossi's and MAC's, but it was fun making you guys work for it. It was cool to meet you and mix it up with you in the last round. wish I could have figured out my problems a little earlier, would have been alot more fun to be in the running to take home one of those cool plaques.

Im just glad my 40 tunnel finally decided to come out a play.....on the LAST ROUND :blink:

Bill and Dave, A HUGE thanks for letting me crash in the hotel with you guys, had a great time, nice meeting both of you. Bill sorry you had the trouble with the Novarossi, I was really looking forward to seeing it run. see you guys next time. (Coors light anyone?? :D )

Got to meet and talk to Don Ferrette and Mark Poole as well, Dons got some fast boats in case you guys were wondering, particularly a certain Twin SG....lol

The little Doubl Tunnel is a cool looking boat with some nice craftsmanship, good luck with it Mark, and thanks for the K&B part!.

Preston and Kentley......WOW, now I know what a TRUE 70+ mph heat racing boat looks like. crazy fast...

Until next time....

~James

Forgot to mention, IT REALLY SUCKED DRIVING THROUGH THE TROPICAL STORM /HURRICANE REMAINS.... I am still without power at the house, got the genrator wired into the main panel though, so its doable.... My fiance' had a HUGE pile of limbs and debris piled up when I got home, had some pretty good winds.

Preston and Kentley......WOW, now I know what a TRUE 70+ mph heat racing boat looks like. crazy fast...
no doubt seeing that Hummingbird at 75mph on Radar was what put me over the edge........I had to buy one

Topfuel....I'm agreeing with you....I think Mark Poole probably had the most consistent boat out there in b-tunnel

Great race, Preston and the club did a great job. It was a great time for all. I set a new 20 Tunnel record :eek: , after 4 rounds I added up my points and had 0 :D , that is a personal Best fo me. :p

It was great to see everyone and I got to watch some good racing ;) .

"Forgot to mention, IT REALLY SUCKED DRIVING THROUGH THE TROPICAL STORM /HURRICANE REMAINS...."

We are currently getting our collective asses kicked in Richmond area. Flash flood & severe thunderstorm warnings & tornado watches issued, water closing streets & highways faster than you can say the names of them. The 6 acre field behind my house is now a huge lake & the water's edge is about 12 to 15 feet from my house & the rain hasn't let up a bit & based on NOAA weather radar this ain't going away anytime soon. We're in deep doo-doo here....... :(

Just want to thank Preston and the other guys for putting on such a nice event! The club races there are allways great but with the extra turn out for this event it was truly awesome. Its nice to see what people from other areas are running and how there setups work. I feel good about my mono and cat and now just have to learn to drive a little better!!!! I think I made a few people a little nervous at times!!!!

Don and all,

What you see on the radar is what we had to drive through last night. Everyone got home safely and no real damage to our homes. Was not fun! Look at the bright side. You have a new practice lake at your doorstep, even if it is temporary. A bit windy though! Let's hope that hurricane Frances will spare us all and turn eastward away from the mainland.

Well done to all ODMBA members and the club. Kentley and Preston just reaffirms that we all are still chasing them in 20 hydro and 20 mono for that matter. Impressive is not descriptive enough. Good to get your butt kicked at times to realize that there are faster ones out there and the challenge is always there. I have much work to get my Blackjack running even reasonably well. Even a tortoise can place once in a while.

Don Ferrette and John Finch were also awesome with their riggers. Exceptional competition by all and my young son held his own. He didn't trophy but competed well and was faster than dad. You can better believe me when I say that he will not let me forget it. Atlanta's fall race (Sep 18 & 19) is next on the schedule.

Bill,

Look at it this way. Can only look up and now the sky's the limit. I have been in the basement before myself but don't recall ever with 0 points. 25 yes. I best be careful because next outing I just may match it!

Good meeting and racing with you. Get the Hummingbird and Ryan and I will mix it up with you next time in 20 hydro. He loves kicking the adults around!

John

Thanks for all the complements guys!

And, THANK YOU for coming.

I was glad to see the quanity of boats that we had. I will try to post some scores later but for now I am "boated" out.

There were 100 boats registered, some didn't show. The weather was near excellent but for some odd reason nobody was having an exceptional weekend. Plenty of DNF's with the retrieve boat going out every heat. I guess we all needed to do a little more homework. :D Oh well, good racing while it lasted.

carlnoki said:
Hello again Kentley;looks like we are returning to the VA area once more. this time we will be stationed up by DC. Tolc Don abou tit and will be joining the club ther eafter we get all settled in. we should be there sometime in Nov.

will be running 20 Mono, 20 Hydro, 40 Hydro and i have 2 F hydros as well (go figure. our little girl is a novice this year and is running her speedmaster 20 mono w/cmb power in it. only time i get to run her boat at any race is to promiss her i wont wreck it or put any scratches on it.

hope you guys have a great race there and hope to attend them again starting next season.

CARL CISNEROS

P.S. seems like MAC motors might have a K in thier future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
Hello again Ralph. Good to hear from you.

A "K" in MAC? What are you talking about? If anything I would think a "K" or maybe a "FO" in Novarossi somewhere.

Maybe Nova F Rossi.

Or FKNovarossi. HAHA! That would be cute.

Thanks to the ODMBA for putting on a great race. Very cool site with a great view from any angle! Preston did a great job as CD calling the shots as well as doing a lot of calling the action in the heats. Nice to meet you Kevin and post some pics of that new yellow boat dude! Nice to finally meet Bill, James, Don, Preston, Mike T. and John Finch. That was some of the fastest hydro racing I have seen in a while. I would say the tunnels made a great comeback and it was a lot of fun!

You're welcome for the part James. Then you used it to out run me in the last heat! Hey, that's what it is all about. :)

I think we have a bigger problem coming up the coast now....her name is Frances.

Mark

It was definitely great to meet you guys person to person. Preston did a tremendous job as he always does. Now my biggest issue is what Gaston left behind, this is now my back yard..........

Latest posts

Back