OLD DOMINION MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston_Hall

I goofed and didn't get our flyer into the Roostertail but we will be having the race. I will attempt to send flyers to all District 12 clubs and to those who traveled from other places. If you know of someone or want to attend yourself then don't hesitate to contact me if needed.

Race info

ODMBA Annual Invitational (not by invite only any longer)

1969 Braves Trail

Chesapeake, VA 23325

August 28-29, Open water on the 27th

Accomodations and food within 1/2 mile of race site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope there are some tunnels as well. They said they would come if it was offered, which it is, as it always has been. But it rarely happens.

Lake S.P.O.R.T. said:
I will have to check my calendar. This could be interesting. B)
You should come. Everybody seems to always leave happy. Well, exception to one. Looks like we might have some people volunteering for cooking so then there would be food on site.

Preston,

You must be talking about the guy and his boots last year. What a hoot! We plan on being there. Will have to try and reclaim my standing from Ryan in 20 Hydro. He still gives it to me.

What did you find out about the silt fence there?

John

John Knight said:
Preston,
You must be talking about the guy and his boots last year. What a hoot! We plan on being there. Will have to try and reclaim my standing from Ryan in 20 Hydro. He still gives it to me.

What did you find out about the silt fence there?

John
Yeh, that "guy" ain't get'n an invitation.

You do owe Ryan one. Or does he owe you one? :lol:

It looks as though they are building an enormous parking lot. If so, then I think it would be GREAT! You could actually park on asphalt and be 20 feet from the tent area. Maybe it will be finished by next year.

Did someone say FOOD?? Virginia is not a bad drive from here.
I can't vouch for who might be cooking at the race but I know where the best food on the East coast is. <_< Coldest beer too! :D

It will be much quieter without that guy. He caused problems at our race last year here in Charleston. Continued to park in a no parking zone and refused to move it. And fussed all day over everything and anything.

Since I am still funding Ryan 100% I think that he owes me. But he beat me fair and square for the race. I took him in Charleston last year with a 1st overall. Jim and Bill Benns took 2nd & 3rd. He was about 7th but now has a new hull. I fear I have more grief coming from him! Trying not to be like John & Tony!

hey Preston.....If you're talking about the work behind our pond; those are going to be Soccer fields with no additional parking :blink:

Turns out I know the engineers on that project

izitbrokeyet? said:
hey Preston.....If you're talking about the work behind our pond; those are going to be Soccer fields with no additional parking :blink:
Turns out I know the engineers on that project
Hey Kev-

I can't see there being no additional parking as you don't need storm drainage for soccer fields. Take a look at what's been put in leading to the pond. Parking lot water is the hardest to control more so than off a building, trust me I face it every time it storms at my job (facilities management). :eek:

those structures are between the fields and the outfall is under bouy 6 in our racetrack. the parking will be shared parking with the HS/Ballfield parking on the opposite side of the fields.

they're trying to immulate Va Beach's Soccer complex with a Junior version :lol:

So why all the storm drains???????
The real answer is:

Local code provides that any development in an area that is Zoned anything other than R1 (residential single family) or anything A(Agricultural) will have a drainage system that is reviewed and approved by DSC (coordination services) to be in compliance with VDEQ (dept environmental quality), and any other entity that has jurisdiction over that area. (for example COE (corps of engineers) if it was in the CBPA (Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act) watershed)

In short...it needs to be designed by a PE civil and lots of calks like impervious area/ ultimate outfall/ net outfall/ %retainage need to be provided as part of that submittal to get through DSC

Also, you probably noticed that the majority of the storm drainage pipe was PVC (black plastic PolyVinylChloride that is not recommended for use under traffic. Typically you’ll see RCP (reinforced concrete pipe) used under traffic.

Some additional details:

The project is scheduled to be completed late this summer but will not be used until late next year due to the need to let the grass mature for 1 yr before using it.

There will be 2 soccer fields, 1 full sized baseball field and one football practice field with all parking in the existing student parking lot location. (No additional parking)

There will be a service path around the outside of the field but access gates will remain locked; the key will only be given to coaches of the athletic programs and maintenance personnel.

Sorry about hijacking your thread Preston...

So Kevin,

Do you think you could pull some strings and get some fill dirt put at the entrance to the lake? If they could dump it we could handle it from there.

Latest posts

Back