OLD DOMINION MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gabe,

John told me Tues night when I spoke with him that he plans on going. He cannot make it tomorrow.

John

Meghan didnt seem to excited about going....will have to work on that as well...

~James

Tunnelbill said:
Hey KB,
    Do you know of a good motel to stay at that does not cost 100.00 a night because we will be staying 2 night.  You have 1 B and 1D Tunnel that will show up for the race.  My last race in VB was 1999 and it was a Great Race.  A Special Thanks to the members of ODMBA for offering the Tunnel Classes.
If you look on the race flyer, I have listed several hotels. They all had the lowest advertised prices on the web site listed. The Red Roof Inn has been the best deal in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
James and John,

Please feel free to pass out the race flyer to people. I will be mailing them to last year's contestants (for those whose address I have). I will also be mailing out to District 12 clubs, I can do your district as well but the IMPBA site isn't up to date on the district club information. If you can provide or confirm this info I would greatly appreciate it.

Preston

Hey Preston, You did get my entry form and check???? For those who need to get a room, go to priceline.com or somewhere like that. I have a room for Friday and Saturday nite for 2 butt will be there by my self. If anyone would like to share a room and the expense let me know. (My room was 75.00 a night).

Don Ferrette said:
izitbrokeyet? said:
Also.....did I mention that I married a Designated Driver?

hopefully we can go out and grab a dinner and some drinks...

with  James and Mark?
Is this a private party or can any designated drunks tag along? :p
Hey Don, Can a lemming tag along? I'm thinking of getting the boats wet finally. I lost your email addy. email me if you get a chance. [email protected]

Preston_Hall said:
I goofed and didn't get our flyer into the Roostertail but we will be having the race. I will attempt to send flyers to all District 12 clubs and to those who traveled from other places. If you know of someone or want to attend yourself then don't hesitate to contact me if needed.
Race info

ODMBA Annual Invitational (not by invite only any longer)

1969 Braves Trail

Chesapeake, VA 23325

August 28-29, Open water on the 27th

Accomodations and food within 1/2 mile of race site.
Hey Preston,

I'm Frank (alias Tunnelman on IT)from Dunn, NC. Bought a tunnel and joined IT in July.

I live just 3 hrs from you off I-95 about 45 min s/e of Raleigh and am looking forward to coming to the race as a spectator this time.

Just getting into the RC Tunnel scene and saw the announcement on IT and will probably come in up Saturday morning.

I've got a Maus Tunnel w/ a 3.5 K&B on it but not race ready yet.

According to the forum you guys will have a couple of classes so that will be cool.

See ya there. :D

Frank

Preston_Hall said:
I goofed and didn't get our flyer into the Roostertail but we will be having the race. I will attempt to send flyers to all District 12 clubs and to those who traveled from other places. If you know of someone or want to attend yourself then don't hesitate to contact me if needed.
Race info

ODMBA Annual Invitational (not by invite only any longer)

1969 Braves Trail

Chesapeake, VA 23325

August 28-29, Open water on the 27th

Accomodations and food within 1/2 mile of race site.
Preston,

A few more questions.

1) Do you have a jpeg of the race site and can you email me the program. I tried to pull it up on IT and my Norton AntiVirus keeps kicking it out. Maybe email will work.

2) Do I need to be a member of IMPBA to race. If so, how do I join?

Thanks,

Frank

PS: My email is [email protected]

getting excited about the race guys! Will be nice to meet everyone as well.....

~James

John C said:
Hey Preston, You did get my entry form and check???? For those who need to get a room, go to priceline.com or somewhere like that. I have a room for Friday and Saturday nite for 2 butt will be there by my self. If anyone would like to share a room and the expense let me know. (My room was 75.00 a night).
YUP.

Steve_Spear said:
Don Ferrette said:
izitbrokeyet? said:
Also.....did I mention that I married a Designated Driver?

hopefully we can go out and grab a dinner and some drinks...

with  James and Mark?
Is this a private party or can any designated drunks tag along? :p
Hey Don, Can a lemming tag along? I'm thinking of getting the boats wet finally. I lost your email addy. email me if you get a chance. [email protected]
Hurry and get in your registration please. ;)

Well, with little more than a week left there are ONLY 55 boats entered. Pretty much sucks and I don't really know if it's worth having the race.

At any rate, the following classes suffer.

E Mono - 1

F Mono - 0

1/8 Scale - 0

Sport 40 - 2

D Tunnel - 2 (only 3 in B tunnel)

You tunnel guys said they would come. Where are they? Time to start beating the bushes. :(

im calling the guy from our club that is bringing 2 b tunnels and 2 d tunnels tonight to remind him...

~James

:huh:

anyone else say they were bringing a tunnel?

can you tell us who is signed up for the two tunnel classes so far?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back