ODMBA 16th Annual Invitational August 23rd & 24th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Henrietta, Is the Navy feeding us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm making "special" food for anyone racing "the boy" and Preston so they are temporarily unable to drive well ;) but yes the Navy is supposed to be feed the rest of the crowd this year. :lol: I've been so busy I have not talked to the one in charge but I know we are on their calendar and one of our former club President's has been helping coordinate the effort.
I personally don't need anything "special" to not drive well. :p :p Comes natural. ;) Think "the boy" will give some of us a dose of humility. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You wouldn't want any of my cooking anyway :lol:

Looking forward to some great racing now that it looks like the hurricane is going to miss us. See you this weekend!
And I didn't say a word.

Henrietta, Is the Navy feeding us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm making "special" food for anyone racing "the boy" and Preston so they are temporarily unable to drive well ;) but yes the Navy is supposed to be feed the rest of the crowd this year. :lol: I've been so busy I have not talked to the one in charge but I know we are on their calendar and one of our former club President's has been helping coordinate the effort.
I personally don't need anything "special" to not drive well. :p :p Comes natural. ;) Think "the boy" will give some of us a dose of humility. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You wouldn't want any of my cooking anyway :lol:

Looking forward to some great racing now that it looks like the hurricane is going to miss us. See you this weekend!
And I didn't say a word.
Yes - major points - I took note don't worry. ;)

Personally I am hoping to bring my "A" game and a can of condensed "whoop"!!! LOL Seriously Just looking forward to seeing people that I havent seen for quite a while and having a great weekend running boats.....

John Crouch

Aeromarine Thunderboat

Aeromarine Conquest

Aeromarine Cracker Box

A/C Boats Lazer 45

Insane G2 Sport Hydro

So who are the winners , i hate i missed it knowing they put on a good event and the unofficial party at the local watering hole Don mcgurn was having .

So who are the winners , i hate i missed it knowing they put on a good event and the unofficial party at the local watering hole Don mcgurn was having .
Shame you couldn't make it...Quite a few of the regular out of town folks were missing this year actually - hopefully we'll see you next year.

It was a great weekend - not as hot as last year thank goodness. I think everyone had a good time. Thanks to everyone who came out!

The winners:

B Mono

1st Tommy Crandall

2nd Carl Cisneros

3rd Buddy Lowe

LSG Mono

1st Trent Ghattas

2nd Earl Eber

3rd Ray Hotchkin

D Hydro

1st Don Ferrette

2nd John Knight

3rd Greg Heffner

LSG Rigger

1st Trent Ghattas

2nd Don McGurn

3rd Steve Spear

Open Nitro Mono

1st Jim Squires

2nd Tim Jones

3rd Carl Cisneros

E Hydro

1st Chris Wittrig

2nd Greg Heffner

3rd Greg Mintz

LSG Catamaran

1st Mike Hart

2nd Don McGurn

3rd Steve Speas

F Hydro

1st Chuck Gardiner

2nd Don Ferrette

3rd Ray Sametz

Stock Gas

1st Steve Speas

2nd Ondrea Williams

3rd John Crouch

1/8 Scale

1st Don Ferrette

2nd Tim Clark

3rd Greg Heffner

D Tunnel

1st Don Gilbert

2nd Chris Wittrig

3rd Dick Loeb

Sport 40

1st Greg Heffner

2nd Chuck Gardiner

3rd Tim Clark

Open Catamaran

1st Preston Hall

2nd Ondrea Williams

3rd Mike Hart

Classic Thunderboat

1st Trent Ghattas

2nd Don Ferrette

3rd Ray Sametz

Crackerbox/Skiff

1st Earl Eber

2nd John Crouch

3rd Don McGurn

Open Offshore

1st Trent Ghattas

2nd Ivan Place

3rd Buddy Lowe

.18 Ready to Run

1st Christen Heffner

2nd Nancy Buttner

3rd Mark Goode

B Tunnel

1st Don Gilbert

2nd Chris Wittrig

3rd John Knight

B Hydro

1st Carl Cisneros

2nd Preston Hall

3rd Blaise Recca

Sport Hydro

1st Jim Skelton

2nd Trent Ghattas

3rd Earl Eber

Novice

1st Christen Heffner

2nd Mark Goode

3rd Nancy Buttner

Concours Winner: Don Ferrette

High Points Winner: Trent Ghattas

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to take a minute and thank all those involved at the Old Dominion club for putting on a great race. It was nice to see familiar faces that I hadnt seen in almost 4 years. It also made me sad thinking about Dave Minter, He and I carpooled that year (2004) to most of the club races from Delaware that year. That guy taught me a lot about boats that year (I still have a lot to learn) !!! I also want to put out a thanks to the navy personel that put on a really great lunch for $5.00 both days!!!! were can you get a fresh hotdog, hamburger, chips and drink for that???? Larry, I will try to make it to some of the club races nextyear. At least enough to get to go to the banquet at the end of the year. My wife still talks about that banquet to this day, it was really nice.

Thanks again for a great weekend and hope to see you all again soon!!!

John Crouch

Charles,

Yes you did miss a great event. Very laid back, no rush.. as far as the unofficial party....I must have missed it as well. :huh:

A few of us did make it to OTani Japanese Steak house. Drank a beer, spilled a beer, did not even have to order a 3rd to give away. All in All.....a great time. Great to see everyone... See you all at the next race.

Thanks to everyone at the ODMBA club for putting on the race. Had a great time. I like that you ordered some cool(er) weather this year, a really nice change from the typical summer heat and humidity.

I will update the district high points standings once the scorer gets a chance to recover and sends me the final results. From a quick skimming through the standings and adding in the top 3 finishers, it appears that all but 2 classes will be decided at the final race, so get your entries in and make your travel plans.

Chuck,

Did anyone get you the final points scores so that you can list them on the website? I saw that you posted the pics from the race, not that I think I am in contention for anything, would just like to see who is where..

thanks, John

Chuck, Did anyone get you the final points scores so that you can list them on the website? I saw that you posted the pics from the race, not that I think I am in contention for anything, would just like to see who is where..

thanks, John
John, I posted what I've got. Still waiting for the results...

Latest posts

Back