OLD DOMINION MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, are you a PE in Civil? My Fiance' has one more year before she gets her PE.

~James

Hi James.....I've been a P.E. for a few years now my area of specialization is Structural, but my undergraduate degree is in Civil from Va Tech B)

my graduate work was structural

Preston,

I can definitely make some calls. Next time we get together; can you tell me exactly where you were thinking? I'll see what I can do after that.

I may have better success going through the Grounds Maintenance folks for the school division.....If it's where I think you're talking about; it looks like that might be a drainage swail. If it's a swail, they may prefer to make that a culvert in lieu of filling it in.

Maybe that my contribution in lieu of staying after the race to clean up next time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey KB,

Do you know of a good motel to stay at that does not cost 100.00 a night because we will be staying 2 night. You have 1 B and 1D Tunnel that will show up for the race. My last race in VB was 1999 and it was a Great Race. A Special Thanks to the members of ODMBA for offering the Tunnel Classes.

Preston and Kevin, I will be heading that way with a B and a D tunnel as well. we also have another club member that is seriously considering going and he has 2 B's (father and son) and one D also.

Hopefully we can put together a good set of tunnel classes....

~James

Tunnelbill said:
Do you know of a good motel to stay at that does not cost 100.00 a night because we will be staying 2 night.
Geez where have you been staying?? In all the years I've gone to that race I don't think I paid 1/2 that. BTW- Red Roof Inn is right around the corner from site & has nice rooms & good rates. :)

I’ll definitely be there, so it looks like there’s enough to make a 20 class :eek:

There are a couple of decent places near me.

Just down the street from my house at the intersection of Rt13 and Interstate 64 are the sleep-in and quality suites.

the quality suite is a suite with a living room, 2 queen beds, pool, gym and free breakfast buffet (pretty darn good one) for 108/night if I book it for you using AAA. Right next door there is a sleep-in without the living room and without the breakfast buffet but includes the pool for 81/ night if I book it using AAA.

Also.....did I mention that I married a Designated Driver?

hopefully we can go out and grab a dinner and some drinks...

with James and Mark?

izitbrokeyet? said:

with  James and Mark?
Those are my three favorite words!!! Dinner, Drinks, Designated Driver...(in that order of course)

Sounds like fun to me, lets do it! Its your town KB, so pick a good place for us.

~James :D

P.S. Ill see if I can drag my Fiance' to this race, so you guys can talk about concrete, roads and bridges.....and all of that fun stuff. :blink:

I'll wait to hear from Bill then I'll reserve a few rooms close to my house (10 minutes from the pond)

sounds like a great time :)

"Its your town KB, so pick a good place for us."

Kevin, I meant a good place to eat a drink at, I can reserve my room......unless you can get it a lot cheaper....lol. We have AAA as well her military discount (civilian). Thanks!

~James

KB, shoot me your home addy in a PM please, so I can look for some hotels in the area.

~James

I have you all beat. I stay with my sister who is in Norfolk or with another ODMBA racer who owes me for putting him up in my home for 7 years for our race here in Charleston.

Gabe, remember this is my home town area - lived there for over 43 years. Graduate of ODU. And I go three on business several times a year. I can help you with anything there if you need some. Hope you do bring Meghan!

John

izitbrokeyet? said:

with James and Mark?
Is this a private party or can any designated drunks tag along? :p

Hey John, can I put my bill on your tab? You said you needed another Son right?...lol see you Saturday, bright and early

KB, back at cha

Don, the more the merrier in my opinion, maybe you could take care of my tab with all of the revenue those tables are producing :D j/k

~James "Gabe" Clegg

Don,

How about my e mails to you about the CMD remote needles? Did you get them? Still want them!

John

Gabe,

I already have 3 sons and Ryan is equalivent to 2 more. Yep I am old enough to be your daddy but I must graciously decline your offer! Plenty of motels, restaurants and shopping within 1-2 miles of the lake. Brenda hit many of them on Friday when she goes and we plan on it next month. Pat Steltzer went with her last year.

John

Good, Maybe if Pat and Brenda go this year, Meghan will be more inclined to follow suit. Has John S. said anything about going? I need to work on Don this weekend, we need him to go so we can have a solid tunnel class....

~James

I am sending in my form. B tunnel. I will go ahead and make plans. Not sure about getting there by dinner Friday but maybe we can go Saturday. Would be cool to have a good tunnel turn out.

Mark

Latest posts

Back