ODMBA 16th Annual Invitational August 23rd & 24th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now we get the rest of the story, kinda like paul harvey :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: . with the blanks filled in, it makes good sense. the original post just kinda made me say "huh??".............

A decision was made tonight by the ODMBA club to cancel the RTR class due to ZERO entries. :unsure:
I'm Vice President and nobody asked me. Besides that the flyer says that people have until the 18th to make a class. Trophies can always be ordered at a later date.

Hey, I just sent in my paper work to Don over the weekend. And YES I will be bringing my Cracker!!!! And hope that John Finch doesnt take me to school in sport hydro at this race!!! LOL I will have a buzy weekend also, running 6 classes. What the heck, I will be worn out when I get home, might as well have a good excuse for it!!!!
John Crouch
John C,

I will be testing a new engine this weekend so I will be ready for you at the invitational! I guess I will take the lead out of the sponsons and balance the prop while I'm at it. Heck.......I might even sharpen the prop and take off that baseball bat I call a tuned pipe and get something more efficient. Baseball bats are getting too expensive. If I have time........maybe I will take out the stock 23 cc engine and put in a Butch motor.

Just kidding!!!!!!!! I am looking forward to some more good racing. The heat you beat me in was my most exciting of the weekend. IT WAS TOOTH and NAIL ALL THE WAY. loads of FUN!!!!!!!!!!! Win lose or draw: That's what it's all about.

A decision was made tonight by the ODMBA club to cancel the RTR class due to ZERO entries. :unsure:
I'm Vice President and nobody asked me. Besides that the flyer says that people have until the 18th to make a class. Trophies can always be ordered at a later date.
Guess you need to talk to Christi more often then, sounds like you were out of the loop. :p

Besides you said it yourself, VP is nothing more than an empty title. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys do whatever you want, I'm just taking the entries. :)

Guess you need to talk to Christi more often then, sounds like you were out of the loop. :p

Besides you said it yourself, VP is nothing more than an empty title. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoa whoa whoa - we DEFINITELY make decisions as a group and the trophy place orders extras for me just in case and I was planning on holding out in case entries came in. Just seeing this post now - holy cow what a can a worms to open - cannot cancel a class before the deadline when we put it on the flyer that is not very welcoming at ALL. I never said cancel RTR or anything of the sort. We all know entries come in last minute. I'm tough but not THAT bad!

John Finch,

That was a great race, I think the best I have ever had myself!! Had I known who was hunting me down like a escaped prisoner I most likely would have hit a bouy and fliped the boat and dnf'd. I am just pleased that I am doing as well as I am after taking 2 years off. I also feel lucky that we have the caliber of "gentleman" and ladies that run boats in this district. I have a new pipe that I ordered from Carlo (C&C racing) for my Thunderboat and have new props for both hydro's comming from Prop Works for them as well. To be honest I am really looking forward to this race and seeing all the people that are with odmba that I have not seen in quite a while. Maybe we can give them another show like the one in Queenstown!!!!

Take care, John Crouch

For those following this saga, here's John C's reaction to beating John F:

DSC_7514.jpg

Sorry, John, I couldn't resist! ;)

Whoa whoa whoa - we DEFINITELY make decisions as a group and the trophy place orders extras for me just in case and I was planning on holding out in case entries came in. Just seeing this post now - holy cow what a can a worms to open - cannot cancel a class before the deadline when we put it on the flyer that is not very welcoming at ALL. I never said cancel RTR or anything of the sort. We all know entries come in last minute. I'm tough but not THAT bad!
Ok so I guess it's my bad, we have a class but no trophies?? In all the years I've done this not ordering trophies meant that class was canceled. No biggie..........like I said you all do what you want. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, thats ok, I showed my wife the picture and she LHAO!!!! I had to laugh mine off when I told her about it and she said " who the hell is John Finch?" Needless to say my wife has absolutly ZERO interest in model boating. I thought it was great that you put that pic on the district website. All I can say is that at least I still have hair!!!!! LOL

John Crouch

Ok so I guess it's my bad, we have a class but no trophies?? In all the years I've done this not ordering trophies meant that class was canceled. No biggie..........like I said you all do what you want. :rolleyes:
Yeah well the trophy order conversation was just you and me and now I get to play CMA for the "announcement" from the "Christi's Model Boat Club". I have the bases covered for trophies no worries. Bring on the boats!

Don, I checked after talking to you tonight, all is good, change all boats over to CH 64 for the race.

Glad to make your life a little easier, John Crouch

Guys it's lookin' good, gonna be a great race. Looking forward to getting the last of the entries in & wrapping this up.

best of luck to all, and I hope you work the pee pee out of the get back boat guy like you did me in Greensboro.

mike b

Henrietta, Is the Navy feeding us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm making "special" food for anyone racing "the boy" and Preston so they are temporarily unable to drive well ;) but yes the Navy is supposed to be feed the rest of the crowd this year. :lol: I've been so busy I have not talked to the one in charge but I know we are on their calendar and one of our former club President's has been helping coordinate the effort.

I'm making "special" food for anyone racing "the boy" and Preston so they are temporarily unable to drive well ;) but yes the Navy is supposed to be feed the rest of the crowd this year. :lol: I've been so busy I have not talked to the one in charge but I know we are on their calendar and one of our former club President's has been helping coordinate the effort.
I personally don't need anything "special" to not drive well. :p :p Comes natural. ;) Think "the boy" will give some of us a dose of humility. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I personally don't need anything "special" to not drive well. :p :p Comes natural. ;) Think "the boy" will give some of us a dose of humility. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You wouldn't want any of my cooking anyway :lol:

Looking forward to some great racing now that it looks like the hurricane is going to miss us. See you this weekend!

BOOGITY!! BOOGITY!! BOOGITY!!

All classes made it, 4 rounds scheduled with 116 total heats. Many 6, 7 & a couple 8 boat heats in nitro & gas classes so bring your A game! Weather looks like temps in the mid 80's which is cool for this race this time of year. Should be a ton of fun!

B)

Latest posts

Back