OLD DOMINION MODEL BOAT ASSOCIATION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Preston,

Have Danny & Pop Weimer entered yet, they both run tunnel boats? I will call them. Thanks Bill

Don Ferrette said:
Frank-  Come out & race. The ODMBA site is a great place to "get your feet" wet racing. Big course with lots of room.  B)
Thanks Don.

I'm planning on coming... might need some assistance from you guys with the Green monster tunnel. My son kids me that I'll never loose it.....it's a rather bright green. ...bought it from Rodney "Big Daddy" Guerrero ([email protected]).

Looking forward to meeting all the guys.

Is everybody staying at basically one place or just scattered about?

Tunnelman,

I look forward to meeting you, we will help you out with your boat. I will arrive Friday 10-12:00 for open water. Bill

Hey Don,

I have no idea, working on a SAW boat. I will get back to you on this one. Bill

Hey Don,

I called Danny, MOM W. is not feeling well and they are not sure if they will make the race. :( Bill

I plan on running my share of classes.

cracker box, gas mono, gas hydro, F hydro

that should keep me busy for the weekend I thinks!!!!!!!!!!!

Preston, Don Gilbert should have sent you two entrys today for 2 .21 tunnels, and 2 .45 tunnels.

~James

Preston, how are the tunnel classes shaping up?

how many overall entries?

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't bring the info to work today but from what I remember it was 5 of each. Looks good for the race. Should get between 75 & 80 boats. We have had up to 150 but last year was 75 and I think that was one of the best races overall. I got some cool trophies this year, something different. But I always get nice trophies for the guys. We will probably run 5 rounds time and weather permitting. I promise to get you guys back on the road as early as possible Sunday afternoon.

Thanks to everybody who spread the word about the race. I really needed the help since I was so slack as not to get the registration in the Roostertail. Oh well, I deserve one mistake.

I wish I lived closer to the lake as I really miss going to dinner with a good group. You fella's coming for the first time should really enjoy this. The race site is near excellent. The only time the wind is bad is when it comes from NE. The hotels and restaurants are within 2 miles. Even a few go-go bars for those who dare.

Preston_Hall said:
I goofed and didn't get our flyer into the Roostertail but we will be having the race. I will attempt to send flyers to all District 12 clubs and to those who traveled from other places. If you know of someone or want to attend yourself then don't hesitate to contact me if needed.
Race info

ODMBA Annual Invitational (not by invite only any longer)

1969 Braves Trail

Chesapeake, VA 23325

August 28-29, Open water on the 27th

Accomodations and food within 1/2 mile of race site.
Hey Preston,

Hit me one more time with the directions off 64. I'm coming in from Suffolk on 58.

Should be about 10 Sat morning, I'm staying at the Red Roof on Woodlake.

The address 1969 Braves Trail will not pull up on map quest or smart maps, so I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks,

Frank

58 W to 64 W

Take the North Greenbriar exit

go through two lights, the second is Military Highway

Indian River High School is immediately on your right

go to the very back of the school

That's a man that either has the ultimate degree of confidence in his boats and himself OR he is living on the edge. We all know people in both groups. Personally I am coming in Friday morning. Don't know if it will be of benefit but at least I will take that out of the equation. Looks like great weather for us all. The SC contingent is looking forward to it. Coming home for me.

Hey guys,

Neither one, just a 49 year old novice who has a new Tunnel to me, and that has to work.....bummer. B)

Frank W

Hey Frank,

Please do not let them comments bother you :( , come on out and we will help you out, see ya Sat.. Later Bill

Frank are you racing or watching? More tunnels the merrier.... :D look forward to meeting you and everyone else for that matter.

~James

Hello again Kentley;

looks like we are returning to the VA area once more. this time we will be stationed up by DC. Tolc Don abou tit and will be joining the club ther eafter we get all settled in. we should be there sometime in Nov.

will be running 20 Mono, 20 Hydro, 40 Hydro and i have 2 F hydros as well (go figure. our little girl is a novice this year and is running her speedmaster 20 mono w/cmb power in it. only time i get to run her boat at any race is to promiss her i wont wreck it or put any scratches on it.

hope you guys have a great race there and hope to attend them again starting next season.

CARL CISNEROS

P.S. seems like MAC motors might have a K in thier future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Latest posts

Back