ODMBA 17th Annual Invitational and D12 Points Race Aug 28-30th-updated flyer with additional class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXCELLENT WEEKEND OF RACING!! Thanks to all the ODMBA & D12 People that Made it Happen!! It was Great Seeing Alot of Friends Again and Making Some New Ones!!! :D

Who said you can’t finish 4 rounds in a weekend race……Don’t tell that to Buddy Lowe, He got it Done! Great race weekend with a fine bunch of people.

Some of the fastest tunnels I’ve ever seen. Great BBQ plate by the club members on Sunday. How hot is it… and if the humidity is that high, isn’t it supposed to be raining?

Had fun talking with the hippy and learned a lot of racing tips from Don.

Great job ODMBA!

WoW, What a Great Weekend. I would like to Thank Everyone in the ODMBA, for all the hard work they put into the race, and great food. Buddy did a Great job as CD and got the 4 rounds in and gave me a lesson or 2 in heat racing.

It was Great to meet Chris, Jimmy, Jimmy, I look forward to racing with you again. It is always fun to see and talk to all the Tunnel racers in Dist 12, I hope to see everyone next year.

Great Race.

Job Well Done.

Thanks,

TB

This is Dick Loeb's wife Carol. WOW! I had a great time at my first district race. Won second place in two class! I thought I'd never stop shakin'(LOL). "Tunnel Bill", I want a rematch!!! HAHA It was so nice to meet alot of people I so often hear Dick talk about. I'm sure we'll be seein' most of you in Charleston. I want to thank Buddy and James for doing such a fine job CDing and pit work. See ya'll soon! The Loeb's

Congradulations to Tunnel "mustard" Bill Bigelow for winning the high points award!

The new undisputed District 12 Tunnel King.

Also many thanks to Buddy, Dick, Preston, Christy, James, the retrieve boat guys, and the ODMBA club members.

I had a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup had a good time and Buddy Lowe keeping things rollin' as we got through 120 heats by about 2:30 Sunday, great job by Buddy and the rest of the ODMBA gang. We could have done with less humidity but that's southern Virginia in the summer. :blink: Also a BIG congrats to Mustard Bigelow for his High Point win and it looks like Bill ain't gonna shake his new nickname! :p See everyone in Greenbriar next month. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
i can only echo what has already been said. great job by everyone!! good racing, good food & good friends = KILLER WEEKEND :D . 4 rounds, 264 miles home, there by 8 pm, good job, buddy & the retreive boat drivers. greenbrier's next, last race of the d-12 season, don't miss it. i won't B) .

Thanks Odmba Club, great job. Four rounds, great weather, and great tunnel boat water. Highlight of weekend side by side racing with Dick Loeb in Stock B tunnel. I proved to myself I can run those 5bouy corners. There's no squeezing in on them if you hold tight to them.

Had a great time with Scott, Ed, and his girlfriend One eye.<what a pretty woman>

See everyone again in a month at the fall nationals. We will have our 5 bouy turns in for the race.

Thanks to the Black boys for a great ride up and back.

Congradulations to Tunnel "mustard" Bill Bigelow for winning the high points award!

The new undisputed District 12 Tunnel King.

Also many thanks to Buddy, Dick, Preston, Christy, James, the retrieve boat guys, and the ODMBA club members.

I had a great time!
I had the Best Pit Man around, I could not have done it with out your help, Thank you. You saved my butt several times that weekend, form the Good Starts to getting me through all the Dead Wood. :D Sorry about the wet feet. :eek:

MTB ;)

Thanks Odmba Club, great job. Four rounds, great weather, and great tunnel boat water. Highlight of weekend side by side racing with Dick Loeb in Stock B tunnel. I proved to myself I can run those 5bouy corners. There's no squeezing in on them if you hold tight to them.

Had a great time with Scott, Ed, and his girlfriend One eye.<what a pretty woman>

See everyone again in a month at the fall nationals. We will have our 5 bouy turns in for the race.

Thanks to the Black boys for a great ride up and back.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Free Photos! A friend of mine stopped by Sunday at the race and took about 50 to 70 high quality digital photos of the boats in action and some of people and boats in the pit area. I do not have a website to post them to but if you will send me a description of your boat (gas or nitro, type hull, color scheme) I will send you pics that match that description. I had a blast and hope you all did as well. ODMBA Tunnel King! James Beasley. My e-mail is "[email protected]"
James, if you can get them to me I can put them on the D12 web site.

We missed you at Chesapeake Chuckster. You going to try and stop in for a visit at Charleston? Not that far from where you are now.

Free Photos! A friend of mine stopped by Sunday at the race and took about 50 to 70 high quality digital photos of the boats in action and some of people and boats in the pit area. I do not have a website to post them to but if you will send me a description of your boat (gas or nitro, type hull, color scheme) I will send you pics that match that description. I had a blast and hope you all did as well. ODMBA Tunnel King! James Beasley. My e-mail is "[email protected]"
If I can remember to do it I will put them on a CD and give it to you at the final district race in Hagerstown. James

If I can remember to do it I will put them on a CD and give it to you at the final district race in Hagerstown. James
Can't make the final race, I'm in SC now and I have no free weekends until Thanksgiving. I'll PM my new address to you...

We missed you at Chesapeake Chuckster. You going to try and stop in for a visit at Charleston? Not that far from where you are now.
If I go to Charleston it will be for a day trip and I won't be able to bring any boats with me. New job is quite busy, but the work is interesting and the $$$ is pretty good...

If I go to Charleston it will be for a day trip and I won't be able to bring any boats with me. New job is quite busy, but the work is interesting and the $$$ is pretty good...
Well if you can work it out to come down for a day trip it would be good to see you again! :)

Can't make the final race, I'm in SC now and I have no free weekends until Thanksgiving. I'll PM my new address to you...
Photos from the ODMBA Race (close to 100) are in the mail to you on a CD! Guys will enjoy them if you put them on the D12 site for sure! James Beasley

I know that this is a little late getting posted but I just want to thank all the good people from ODMBA for a great weekend of racing and friendship. Even though the motor blew in my mono and I had trouble with the new cat all weekend, it was really good being there. The new whiplash GV was smokin fast and cornering like it was on rails. Even though I lost a shaft and prop in heat #3 (my own fault cable sounded dry when I put boat in the water), I still managed to get in my 1st ever 1st place win in sport gas hydro!!!! I think the last time I got a 1st in anything was back in 2004. I also enjoyed the food supplied by the Navy (thanks to the club for making it free on Saturday)!!!

My hats off to you guys and I will be there again for sure in 2010!!!!!!!

Mr Beasley,

If you can put those pics on a CD and bring them to haggerstown I would appreciate it very much. Would really like to get some running picks of the whiplash....

thanks, John

Back