novarossi outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, all said and done $600+ just for the power head :eek: . good thing i did'nt get the 35plus <_<

A properly prepared 5 port will out perform a properly prepared 35+ for a lot less money.
Thats what I'm looking for on the next Thunder Tiger lower conversion.

I would like a couple measurements off the T21-5M next time someone has thiers apart.

The "depth to the side of the rod" from the "end of the rear open case"

And the "inside dia. of the rear open case"

Normally I'd just buy one and see,, but what the H, I thought I'd give this a shot.

Thanks

A properly prepared 5 port will out perform a properly prepared 35+ for a lot less money.
Thats what I'm looking for on the next Thunder Tiger lower conversion.

I would like a couple measurements off the T21-5M next time someone has thiers apart.

The "depth to the side of the rod" from the "end of the rear open case"

And the "inside dia. of the rear open case"

Normally I'd just buy one and see,, but what the H, I thought I'd give this a shot.

Thanks
Thanks Larry for the measurements thru PM, looks like its the same as my VZ-M adapt.

The VZ i have is 25.43 id and 15.16 in to rod face. The Nova with the 25.4 ballrace is 25.5 id and 16mm to the rod face. They also use 25.8 ballraces in certain cases to which the id will be bigger but i dont have that one. Martin

The VZ i have is 25.43 id and 15.16 in to rod face. The Nova with the 25.4 ballrace is 25.5 id and 16mm to the rod face. They also use 25.8 ballraces in certain cases to which the id will be bigger but i dont have that one. Martin
Thanks Martin, I was looking at the limits to turn down the Thunder Tiger O/B PTO to fit the T21-5M.

The 5M is at the limits much like my VZ was to adapt. Only leaves about 2mm of Meat under the Heads

of the Screws that Bolt the PTO to the Case on these two engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Failing that it means facing the case back which is quite a simple jod to do, Done it many times on varies motors. But i can understand if you dont want to alter the case in this way. regards Martin.

Failing that it means facing the case back which is quite a simple jod to do, Done it many times on varies motors. But i can understand if you dont want to alter the case in this way. regards Martin.
I haven't done that operation yet. I do have a medium/small lathe/mill but its a better equipped lathe than a mill

at this time. I think I'll be ok without doing that. I have fitted the TT pto in engines as large as the O.S.30VG

and down to the smallest which happen to be the older Ofna Force 5 port 21.

The original TT O/B powerhead case opening is 26.8mm and I'm glad it is cause its

gave me plenty to do over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have run my 35 plus 21 about a dozen times. After break in it really came alive. I am running it on an HTB290 with a Lafleur T101 prop,Cooper 70% nitro(6%oil)fuel,D&J carb and a carbon fiber pipe. Heat racing setup is running just over 60mph and handles great. I am going to do some internal mods this winter and see what this combination is capable of.

6% oil and it lives? WOW Bob your brave. Where did you get the conversion kit? im looking to do a 5 port

6% oil and it lives? WOW Bob your brave. Where did you get the conversion kit? im looking to do a 5 port
The conversion is from Carl.The reason that I use this fuel is that Brian makes his own oil formula. Less oil means more burnable fuel and that means more power!!!! More oil also causes more heat.

Strange that SOMEONE can get something out of Carl
rolleyes.gif
They must have a tidy festation back there, just a few have got it
tongue.gif

In my best Ozzy whang
wink.gif
no kiddin , i need a pair of cranks badly and would be glad to pay in advance but i cant even get a response by email

tk

Back