New Fuel Tank

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what Tony is doing by putting nitro fuel in the bag.Tony is going to run nitro fuel in his gas boats.LOL

Tony don't forget to try the inside the bag as posted #31 post.

Dave Roach

While looking at all the info. here with the IV bags, if there is pressure to the bag , might work? But there will not be enough

volume to fill the small areas needed in most riggers. They most always need max volume in a tight space, the IV bag just

won't do that. At least in heat racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 full weeks with nitro in the bag and no change. The bag is soft, no leaks, no stains on ply, fuel is clear no plastic floating or degradation. I have removed the hemo on the white port to see if that will fail.. Tony J

Bag3.JPG

Bag3 (2).JPG

No Change after 3 full weeks, bag is in exactly the same state. Pliable, clear, no sediment in the fuel nothing The white port did not leak with the fuel against it for a week. Tony J

bag4.1.jpg

bag4.jpg

No Change after 3 full weeks, bag is in exactly the same state. Pliable, clear, no sediment in the fuel nothing The white port did not leak with the fuel against it for a week. Tony J
Ok its time to run a boat with this setup, that is if your water is soft. If its not just drive on down to Florida it would be good to see you again anyway :D

4 weeks with fuel the bag feels slightly harder (same as the gas bags do the longer that you use them) but the fuel is clear, no bag degradation and no leak through the injection port.

bagw4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shocked the bag held up fine! Good test Tony, I know the bags from 25+ years ago would NOT be up to the task. Well if we knew everything there would be no need to test things! Thanks for sharing your work on this.

how would you set up the vent for fuel preasure anyone tried to run it on a nitro boat ??

julian

how would you set up the vent for fuel preasure anyone tried to run it on a nitro boat ??

julian
Julian I never got my head around how I could do that when I first discovered this a couple of years ago. I still use Walt Barney tanks in my nitro boats, maybe someone will come up with a good way to apply this info.. Tony J

Paul - Thanks and your welcome .. TJ

I purchased a 21 JAE with a wood tank made out of epoxy and is started leaking quickly. At that point I wanted to get the boat running ASAP. It may work with an IV bag but why bother? Just go SS.

Brad

No change since Jan 15th other than it looks like some fuel has evaporated probably because the seal from the hemos is leaking. In regards to "Nitro will dissolve an IV bag" As those two flakes on the discovery channel say .. Busted.. Test Over I need the space on my bench

mythbusters.jpg

busted.jpg

No change since Jan 15th other than it looks like some fuel has evaporated probably because the seal from the hemos is leaking. In regards to "Nitro will dissolve an IV bag" As those two flakes on the discovery channel say .. Busted.. Test Over I need the space on my bench
Now you have to run it to complete the test ! :D

Latest posts

Back