New Fiber Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bradley...lol....its just a toy inttended to give me lot of fun...hope to have a video soon!

Greetings from downsouth....its really hot here!
default_tongue.png

Gill

I like attention to detail! And that boat shows some stunning attention to detail! It looks 100mph just standing there! And my favorite color aswell! And i feel you on the heat! It's 42 here tomorrow in the Riverland! Almost trode on a brown snake shifting the sprinkler yesterday but haven't seen one in the house this year yet! Shouldn't speak to soon though

Well this is the way I like to build my boats but with no stress...sometimes I'm inspired and things end up nice ..sometimes I realize some things arent good ...anyway I'm pleased people like it and lets see whats coming up. See ya!

Gil

On the front ignition plate you have. That is the older version of it. The newer style allows you to remove the lower lug of the upside down triangle. It removes the lower lug which is 5/8 high and allows a flat engine mounting. You will now go through the pull starter holes and use standoffs on the mount plate to attach it to the engine. Rigger and hydro guys like this method because they can get the engine to sit real low in the hulls. The other thing is the water outlet on top. It is mounted on the back of the engine which is the low point of the head. Because the engine is tilted air pockets form in the top of the water cover area. So you might see burning head o-rings if you have issues. Just something to watch out for. Boat looks great.

Todd

Quickdraw

Hi Todd thanks for the tips and yes I need to move the position of the head.Actually I'm running fe riggers but decided to use this Quick just to run with other guys in my district.

Cheers

Gill

Ok just to keep the progress of this project..... maiden was last friday with motor issues.......I found out the crankshaft presented after the first tank an axial clearance bigger than usual....I had to postpone the test.I don't know how or why but seemed the magneto moved increasing this clearance and motor lost power as I couldn't turn a 2716 with 10 rake.I tried a 1667 cup 7,4 and boat ran great with nice handling but I had to stop and fix the motor issue to avoid problems .Now problem is solved and I'm looking forward for new test soon.I have a question for you gas guys....what props do you recommend for a Quick Ht considering the boat is light and clean on water.Thanks in advance.Gill

Prop Works (Bob Austin) or Prop Works West (Brent Daily) 7217 2 blade 4.5 , 4.6 , 4.7 and if the engine has some grunt 4.9 , 5.0

Bradley

You called. LOL Actually because of the pace of the props have changed. I just tell customers to call any one of the prop guys. That is what they know best. Usually if you tell them hull and engine combination. They can usually narrow it down to one or two props. I have a list but they are old ones and props have changed a ton since the list I have. So it is better to have them get the best for their needs and contact a prop guy.

champion! Me being a rookie the props are my worst nightmare! I look n look but still know ZERO! Andy Brown gave me a good starting point for a JAE 21g2 rigger! I had spoken to Jim at ABC! But he never contacted me back about how to purchase any? I spose some people think us newbies are just pests that are fly in fly out types not worth the trouble or time! Can't blame them i spose! Hope Gil got it sorted and Todd if i didn't have laugh id probably have a cry

That's funny Bradley....... but props to me are a passion...I have prepped lots of them in the last twenty five years and also have followed their evolution so no black magic for me but I must confess that gas boats are not what i use to run.The new ABC is what most of us here are using ( nitro / FE) but there are few gas riggers in my club (most cats and mono's).Thanks Henry you gave me some clues...and let see what's going on....be back to you soon.Gill

Gil how do rookies like me! find out basic starting points for props? And also where to buy them? I maybe off the point? I like to buy American stuff as (no offense to anyone!)But i like keeping my money with the allied forces! the people who have helped Australia mate!! If someone wrote a book on RC Boating for newbies i would buy 2 as knowing my luck 1 of them WOULDN'T BE SENT!!! Hope you haven't sctatched the Rigger yet

Gil,

Nice boat. You might contact Mark Sholund. He is on IW and knows props and builds and delivers them in a reasonable amount of time. You will find some of his posts in the Prop Swap forum.

Hi John yes I do know Mark and thank you.New props are done and ready for test...hope have better results and videos soon.Gill

Bigger prop is not always better. Sometimes a tad smaller prop that rev's over peak hp is better: I have had good luck with a pitched up 2814-2 and also 3014-2 worked seem to work well on riggers

Agreed and tomorrow morning this boat will be back to water for more tests..hope have better luck and will get a try to my 2814/2.Gill

Latest posts

Back