New Fiber Rigger...nitro verson!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gil sonsino

Hello fellows I would like to share with your my last project...the nitro version of my GAS fiber rigger(thread posted on the Gas section).For this building i used the same tub and front sponsons with narrower ride pads and a large ski (did lot of test with different widhts).In this case the boat was hand laid up using a new Huntsmann epoxy resin (kind of yellow) but stronger than the previous I used to use on my other boats.Engine is a brand new modded101 RS broke in and ready to race,a Parabolic pipe set at 12" and1667's with differents cups..The video is the third tank of the day but very short as the battery of camera died few seconds after the launch...anyway boat ran fast and predictable and need a big pond....thanks for watching and hope to have more videos soon!

Gill

https://youtu.be/y8AqzkhPgSA

IMG_20170322_150527841.jpg

IMG_20170321_080748370.jpg

IMG_20170322_122909262.jpg

IMG_20170320_155059095.jpg

Would be nice to see an image taken straight from the front center, looking back, capturing the overall sponson width, as well as the ride surfaces and strut/prop in the background

Thanks guys for the nice words...boat ready to run weights 4,67kgs and I will post pics of more details.Gill

Nice rigger Gil. I noticed on the second picture you also have a hole on the bottom of the rudder. Is that for better water pickup, havn't seen that before.

VERY NICE INDEED..................

I want one...........................
default_smile.png

Thanks again...Paul this rudder had two water pickups and was too long reason I cut it exactlly below the upper pick up..what you see is the channel of the lower pick up.I'm seriously thinking to make some boats for sale but I'm on the go with family moving abroad and I will consider this idea . Gill

Gil,

Beautiful, beautiful work Gil!! The sponsons remind me of the type used on George Mirov's tether boat. Impressive to say the least!!

Jim Allen

Gil, how do you like that pipe with that motor? And have you tried any other pipes? How far did you go with the mods carb chamber disc ext? Looks sweet and stable great job. Charles

Gil,

Always a pleasure to look at your next project.

Try an ABC 2817-19-38% or a 2819-19-38%

90+ mph should be fast.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Back