Miss Vegas In distric 3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyEdge

Well just for fun I purchased a aquacraft miss vegas(not the deuce).And was wondering what i can and can not do to the boat considering upgrades to be legal in the rtr cllass here in my distric.

And later if i wanted could i swap out the os .18 to cmb .21 or mac.21 and run in the sport 20 class.Or with these engines is there not a class for this hull?Im looking forward to running in this class next year as well as the gas GX1 sport with my whiiplash Gv.

Thanks,

Jeremy

As long as you keep a .18 on the boat you can run rtr. It doesn't matter if you modify the motor or modify the hull. If you put a .21 in it you can run 20 hydro but I think you will have to move the strut to inside the hull and then through the bottom. I am sure someone could clear that part up. Welcome to rtr.

Curtis pretty much nailed it Jeremy.....There is only a RTR mod class in Dist 3 and as long as its an 18 motor your good to go....to run the boat in Sport 21 you have to mount the strut thru the bottom of the boat as per NAMBA rules.

Thanks guy's much appreciated.I think im going to keep it in the rtr class and thanks for informing me about the modding Bill.Im looking forward to the fun with these boats.

What Back plate fits on the aquacraft Os .18 engine inplace of the pull strat for the option of belt start.

What Back plate fits on the aquacraft Os .18 engine inplace of the pull strat for the option of belt start.
What engine are you running? If its the Aqui 18, then i believe you will want to get the CVR backplate which is available at Tower Hobbies..I think it will also fit the O.S. 18 CVRM, which is what i run in my Vegas.....hope to see you at a race soon..you will have a good time runnin and racin yer Vegas..ive been racin mine for 2 seasons and ive had a BLAST! :)

Only problem with changing it to sport20 is that boat isnt designed to take that kind of a beating plus no one anymore runs sport20 in this district.

Only problem with changing it to sport20 is that boat isnt designed to take that kind of a beating plus no one anymore runs sport20 in this district.
Robert, we had 6 or 7 of em runnin until this last race on this side of the state...hope to get em runnin again next year as i think its also a really fun class! :) How is your Sport 40 coming along? Gotta get off my butt and start going thru mine SOON!

Problem is Bill none of those guys travel with the sport20 at all the other races there were none that is why Joe and Rick sold there boats. Maybe atyour one day races you get alot but district races we had maybe one race they had them. Sport40 is coming along cant wait to run it. I think Jeremy have more fun in sport40 class always can race that at all the races.Also as of next year sport20 will not be a high points lass because it didnt even make 3 district races let alone the seven needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes,,, cvr standard back plate will fit... the lip must be machined off to fit the aqua case.... also the pto pin on the crank must be machined off... contact me about these engines if youd like....there is much more that can be done to them.... :ph34r:

bill,,, im back in action buddy,,,, im sorry your engines are taking so long.... everything is starting to calm down now after the funeral and all.... i will have them out to you by thurs. night my friend... :)

alden

yes,,, cvr standard back plate will fit... the lip must be machined off to fit the aqua case.... also the pto pin on the crank must be machined off... contact me about these engines if youd like....there is much more that can be done to them.... :ph34r:

bill,,, im back in action buddy,,,, im sorry your engines are taking so long.... everything is starting to calm down now after the funeral and all.... i will have them out to you by thurs. night my friend...

alden
No problem on this side man...sincerely hope your friend is doing at least a little better....and you also. :) Oh, and let me know what i owe you for labor, shipping, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can add is TALK to your club, for instance in our club I can not run a motor over $100 or I'll be put in sport 20.

Jeremy join the broward club they run both gas and nitro there ar in Markum park Curtis belongs to them.

Well today i was taking the miss vegas apart to check everything before the first run and when checking to see if the hull was straight i noticed that the back right side was 1" higher then the left back side.Can i fixed this or is this non fixable?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Generally no. The motor has to be an .15 or .18 to be considered RTR.
No motor mods eighter or it will be in a sport18 class...If I remember write for a rtr class,no motor mods,can change the props and rudder and turn fins .maybe the drive train?.. can do some hull mods...I've heard there are some that has rules you can buy a new different.18 but it got the be under 100.00...

Latest posts

Back