MIKE LARSON RAFFLE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received the o.k. from Robert Holland to conduct a 50/50 raffle for Mike at the NAMBA Nat's beginning the 12th in Greeley. I'd like to thank the 2008 NAMBA Planning Committee for allowing this raffle to assist Mike and his wife.

JD

how's the raffle been going? ive been gone for a week? did a winner get picked?

Im in TK sending paypal now.... For those of you that have had anything to do with this wether it be kind words or donations, bless all of you. I have only spoken with the majority of on this forum and i know all of you are great people. I haven't painted anything in a few months but, Terry put up 5 paint jobs for the raffle.. Whatever the winners want if it is within my ability.

if you have any ?'s or need anything

904-966-1714

Zach

David the donations are definitely open, not sure whats happening with the raffle. TK you got any news on that??

David the donations are definitely open, not sure whats happening with the raffle. TK you got any news on that??
we are going to get drawed this weekend , i have been really , really busy at work , and have been outta the loop for a touch, ill let everyone know what is shakin down.. thanks agian to all.

terry

As of Monday, the 14th, we have raised $250 for Mike in the 50/50 raffle at Greeley. There's still the rest of the week to sell tickets so I'm hoping to get more.

JD

All right!... like a month, and 2 days.... i'm back... cable guy just left....

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to every man, woman and child in this forum, and across the nation, and worldwide.

Without your words of encouragement, financial, and material support, I would not have been able to achieve any semblance of a life i came to take for granted every day......

To my dearest friends, near, and far.... god bless you all.....

I made it a point, through it all... not to dwell on 'it's gone".....it is.... thats that, set the alarm for 4:45 to go to work, and deal with it.....

sit rep is better daily..... gained a rental house, gained central air, a bed, and the list continues every day....

flood zone is still there.... my house is still there, the sit rep there is up in the air, as far as demolition, buy out, sba loan, whatever.... set the alarm.....

Shelly and I will make it, somehow. we always have, somehow.... your help made it happen this time... thank you all......

This gain and lose point i'm trying to make is hard to express..... while, i lost everything, and the life i'd come to know, and take assumed as such, i'd like you people to realize that the new freindships, and compassion I gained from you, will be enough to bring even the strongest guy to tears.....

I lost alot.... I gained more..... life.......

Everybody always says... in a tradgedy, you find out who your friends are.... it's 100%.

I've had more men and families respond to my aid, people, that dont even know me, nor Shelly, than the existing list of relation, and friends in Cedar Rapids even thought about.... or did.... while people I thought i could count on failed Shelly and I to each new end, they will lose now, and it's going to hurt.....

Surprising, but true.... lotta guys went to bat for me.... Terry, John and his wife and family, Marty, and his family, Don Stephenson, Derek, and his wife, heavy hitters, all... boaters, all.... from the sponsors of the raffle, to you, the guys contributed/purchased, towards helping me gain a life again..... thank you all......if, i've left you personally out, or forgotten to type your name, be patient.... intentions of response are definitely to come, once i've gained a vehicle, and some other crap i need to get in the groove again.....( toothpick, tonight... send one?)..... lol....

Point is... you guys have "IT"...... what IT is , isnt something you buy, loan, or whatever it's just there..... I gave a homeless transient guy a ride cross town to his cot at a church yesterday, he asked me, while I was fueling my buddies loaner truck if i was going north, at the pump, and I wasnt.... picked him up walking a few blocks away, and just did it...... it's IT.... IDK, it just happens...... my opinion is, if more people in the world, had IT, sure would be a greater place to live..... idk, i'll express thanks, again, for your having it with me...... for sure..... all of you...

Ideas of picking my hulls up from Marty, and starting to repair and clean by saturday are on the slate.... or, at least on the near list after i deal with everything else daily.... so.... Mendota, is hopeful, and i'll do the Dew, shoot it with my friends again, old and new......

See you there, possibly.... I've a few hands to shake...... (nitro floats).... Mike

Mike it's great to hear things are starting to turn the corner for you & Shelly. They say tough times bring out the best in those that matter, you will stand tall again and you've got friends here. I personally find it sad, even pathetic, how this is already out of the "national spotlight" yet is as great a tragedy as Katrina. Funny how there are no "movie stars" or "reverends" screaming of how the government is neglecting those "in need" and demanding hand outs. Sad how quickly the they turn their backs on the hard working middle class families that make this country what it is with their blood, sweat, and raw determination. We are heading down the wrong path and I fear when they do figure it out it will be too late. :(

Sorry for the mini rant, it just pisses me off. :angry:

Regardless, at the D12 race this past weekend I spoke of your situation at the drivers meeting & that we were going to do a 50/50 raffle & accept donations. And the end of the weekend George Anastasi was the winner of the 50/50 & he donated his half back into the pot. That combined with some random donations and a contribution directly from D12 we will be sending you & Shelly $200. I was hoping for more but they had some really nice raffle prizes so they sold a good bit more of those tickets as opposed to the 50/50 ones but I still thank all of my district members who contributed. Please p/m me your new address so I can mail you a check, would rather do it that way than have Paypal take out the fees they charge.

Keep pushing on and remember one of my favorites- ILLEGITIMI NON CARBARUNDUM!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Don, I can only agree with you. It is pretty s**ty but hey the real issue at hand is Mike and Shelly's well being, and I am very glad to hear they are getting back on their feet.

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBARUNDUM!!

BTW what the hell does that mean??

Illegitimi non carborundum is a mock-Latin aphorism jokingly taken to mean "don't let the bastards grind you down".

Awesome to hear your doing better Dunny!

Glad to gear your getting your groove back now all you need is your mojo LOL

Keep up the good work champ! :p

We just finished the NAMBA Awards' Banquet and raised $500 in the 50/50 raffle and donations. $120 in donations was raised when we I won the Miss Vegas in the raffle and then auctioned it off to Robert Holland, the Contest Director. Don Osman of Oakdale, CA won the 50/50 drawing. A check for the $500 will be sent to Mike when I get back to Washington.

JD

Jerry, with you having the west coast connection, please, pass along my thanks to the boaters there.... again, i'm expressing thanks for all you guys have done.... the upcoming tunnel champs, and an opportunity to shake your hand again, is in order.... it's on my mind, and while the future is uncertain here for sure, I got one heck of a copilot, and i'll be there......

Don, thank the D12 racers for me, I think thats your home field?..... regardless.... you guys have all been great, and deserve more than I and shelly can give...... somehow, and someday.....

Personally I like the slogan, don, for life, and the guvment is grinding us all down....... for you guys ever seen the pictures of the bird eatin the frog, and captioned 'never give up!" I'm trying..... Iowa is trying..... the thing with the fed is learning to play the game..... forms meticulously filled, an not allowing errors that give them the out they need....... Shelly was incredible at processing the information we need quickly with the limited resources, and soggy documents we could salvage.... it has taxed her very badly, and I pray she will come out of the depression soon.......

She, still, has continued her nursing education through the melee, and will be pinned as an RN in 17 days.... state boards and she rocks..... I do not know, what is holding her up.......

anyway, one day at a time, for awhile......

Possibly, come on chat next week you all, if I can do it, i'll be around.... Mike

HAS THE DRAWING BEEN HELD YET??? JUST WONDERING, I HAVE A HULL TO SEND OUT AND I AM GOING OUT OF STATE FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS VERY SOON.THANKS JWB

Last edited by a moderator:
Well more bad weather here in the midwest got hit with some bad winds monday.My old boating buddy Joe Young barely came out alive with his family.He was the one that got me hooked in boats.I know hes hurting real bad it messed up his back and foot trying to get his wife out the kids were in the back there ok.Heres a few pictures of his trailer.I cant believe they came out alive!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w165/Ro...sh/IMG_2038.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w165/Ro...sh/IMG_2039.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w165/Ro...sh/IMG_2041.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w165/Ro...sh/IMG_2047.jpg

Back