MIKE LARSON RAFFLE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike, just hearing you start to get in a better frame of mind is thanx enuff, to start. seeing you, shaking your hand & racing with you at the '09 tunnel champs will complete what i need outta this deal B) ! i don't think any of us are worried about repayment. just seeing how it has helped & lifted your & shelley's spirits is payment enough. it's like earl says, it's karma, you help someone, someone else will help you, when you need it. it all goes full circle, ya reap what you sow & all that good stuff......... you just keep being who you are, that's all i ask in return. see ya at the pond!!!

mike, just hearing you start to get in a better frame of mind is thanx enuff, to start. seeing you, shaking your hand & racing with you at the '09 tunnel champs will complete what i need outta this deal B) ! i don't think any of us are worried about repayment. just seeing how it has helped & lifted your & shelley's spirits is payment enough. it's like earl says, it's karma, you help someone, someone else will help you, when you need it. it all goes full circle, ya reap what you sow & all that good stuff......... you just keep being who you are, that's all i ask in return. see ya at the pond!!!
Guys The River City Racing Club collected $187.00 this weekend hoped for more. BUT our club will match it nah just make it a even $400.00 coming your way via Money order to Mike Larson........................................In the mail tomorrow............Mike Schindler President and C/D RCRC

Mike, thats awesome what the river city guys have done.... please extend my thanks to all the guys in the club for helping Shelly and I.... I've been known to do crazy stuff like, drive cross country to race tunnels, so traveling there, someday isnt out of the spectrum for sure....

I'd like to thank everyone, sponsors, and contributors alike, again, as, I know times are tough, big time, and helping someone you dont even know really makes things different....

To this point, FEMA has judged my house a total loss, and given us around half what we owe.... Foreclosure thoughts are looming, as, i cant determine how, i'm to rent, and continue paying for a house that is destroyed.... any, of you guys on here, that know, or have been around this kind of thing, advice is appreciated.... We've applied for SBA loan.... we're around 60K in debt, before we even get this thing, and, adding to it may work, I dont know?..... i have to pay to demolish, i think, and thats as high as 10k possibly, so we're just spinning around, waiting on information, and answers...... bankruptcy, and lawyers, it may be.....

we'll be in the rental in a week and 2 days, so, we'll have a place to at least function.... shelly returned to work today, and I tommorow, as we must have capital to keep on keepin on....

Once reestablished, i will send thanks to all, that so graciously extended to shelly and I, thoughts, and prayers, donations, and friendship....

simple internet typing really doesnt do, i would hope to meet all that i can in the future, and personally give thanks where theyre seriously due...... i'll be on when i can..... i'll be wiping mud from my boats after awhile, and see you guys racing again someday.....

thanks.... mike larson.....

Mike, thats awesome what the river city guys have done.... please extend my thanks to all the guys in the club for helping Shelly and I.... I've been known to do crazy stuff like, drive cross country to race tunnels, so traveling there, someday isnt out of the spectrum for sure.... I'd like to thank everyone, sponsors, and contributors alike, again, as, I know times are tough, big time, and helping someone you dont even know really makes things different....

To this point, FEMA has judged my house a total loss, and given us around half what we owe.... Foreclosure thoughts are looming, as, i cant determine how, i'm to rent, and continue paying for a house that is destroyed.... any, of you guys on here, that know, or have been around this kind of thing, advice is appreciated.... We've applied for SBA loan.... we're around 60K in debt, before we even get this thing, and, adding to it may work, I dont know?..... i have to pay to demolish, i think, and thats as high as 10k possibly, so we're just spinning around, waiting on information, and answers...... bankruptcy, and lawyers, it may be.....

we'll be in the rental in a week and 2 days, so, we'll have a place to at least function.... shelly returned to work today, and I tommorow, as we must have capital to keep on keepin on....

Once reestablished, i will send thanks to all, that so graciously extended to shelly and I, thoughts, and prayers, donations, and friendship....

simple internet typing really doesnt do, i would hope to meet all that i can in the future, and personally give thanks where theyre seriously due...... i'll be on when i can..... i'll be wiping mud from my boats after awhile, and see you guys racing again someday.....

Mike your check is going in the mail tomorrow. From what i see on here people have already lost interest maybe a new thread is in order. I will again collect money for you at the Internats and mail it soon as i get what i feel is enough to mail......Mike

Mike, thats awesome what the river city guys have done.... please extend my thanks to all the guys in the club for helping Shelly and I.... I've been known to do crazy stuff like, drive cross country to race tunnels, so traveling there, someday isnt out of the spectrum for sure.... I'd like to thank everyone, sponsors, and contributors alike, again, as, I know times are tough, big time, and helping someone you dont even know really makes things different....

Mike your check is going in the mail tomorrow. From what i see on here people have already lost interest maybe a new thread is in order. I will again collect money for you at the Internats and mail it soon as i get what i feel is enough to mail......Mike
No interest lost here, already swapped p/m's with Mike & we are on standby to send up some needed things once they get a roof over their heads to call their own.

I'll pass the hat around at the race down here in 2 weeks. B)

No interest lost down here either... just wait to hear from you Dunny and its good to hear your getting back on the bike dood.

I hope everything works out for ya dood, hope one day you can take a holiday and head down under, ill have a boat ready for ya to race.

But ya cant flush the dunny too many times we are in a drought down here mate LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey guys... 22 minutes to log into here, and now, i'm OK.... aaaanyway.....

i'd like to take time to say..... the response to my plight has been nothing short of a miracle.... i'll extend thanks to everyone for the rest of my life.....the thoughts, and prayers, donations, and gifts, have shown me that there are definitely caring people left in the world, and i'm forever indebted to the massive effort you guys have undertaken for shelly and I...

We are OK...... facing the fact, its all gone, has befallen us, and we know nothing else but to get up, and go to work, for lack of anything else to do.... Shelly is attempting to complete her nursing degree, and is studying/clinicals the best she can with limited resources, we hope it can be done, and she'll graduate in the fall with her class... we made a descision to undertake it priority, and to hell with FEMA, the city, and anything else.....

We take possesion of our rental on Tuesday at the earliest, and while this'll be good, moving in, furnishing, and setting up a complete operational life will take time, that is at a premium for us both right now... i know, and have received alot of offers of help, and appreciate you guys for that for sure..... i'll be in touch on here as soon as I can.... we are ahead of the game linking the utilities up, and such. John and Brenda Knight, have truly sent us their blessings, with the honor of a computer, set up for stuff on it Shelly writes papers for school and things.... i'll be able to communicate with you guys better soon...... i can still type.......

We should be able to function as soon as July 6, but, thats really not an accurate forecast.......

FEMA rendered our judgement.... while we gained almost maximum allowable, the money is unclear as to where it should go.... the house is unrecoverable, the foundation alone, even while, I could underpin it myself, will take what they have given, and leave us with nothing..... it's a disaster, and nothing short of razing it in my opinion, is a solution..... the city, in a monetary move, have taken the designation of structurally unsafe, to limited entry with shoring.... ... it's not even close to safe, and a cursory exterior inspection, by a firefighter will not definitely gain me the ambition to enter again.... on the phone and screaming, will be the order of the week next week, if, I can get through for answers......

What, they didnt see, about cracked in half down the center, fails to amaze me.......

options with this SBA loan float in space..... while we possible will gain eligibilty to access a loan, low interest and all that..... it's a catch 22..... while, if, we pay the mortgage off, and, pay to clear the house off the lot..... i'm stuck, with a 22K lot, i'll not be able to sell for sure, and still paying taxes on something i dont use....

Redundantly, if we get the loan, we're still paying 2 sources for lodging, and this will be unacceptable....

Bankruptcy, and leaving the bank with the whole mess looks better, and smarter, every day..... Shelly's life long credit rating being at risk, is a major concern, and we're contemplating all the avenues almost daily....

There were a few Katrina people on here, and advice is desperately needed, i like to play chess... but this is the game of my life, and the government's making the moves.......

You guys have set me on my feet....i cannot thank everyone enough..... Terry.... man.....

While the interest in the post has dwindled, the help still, has been awesome... drawing for the prizes could go on, as i'm sure the contributors would like to see who is lucky....... you guys do it..... you deserve it... a greater group of men cannot be found, bar none...... i've had alot of help, from men, i'm proud to call friends, and those that know who you are, can bet, i'll be there when i say i will.....

Don, Mike S.... thank you guys... as with all, i'll get with people as soon as i can..... i'm almost planning hours ahead, day to day, and coordinating all the crap is frustrating......

Plans today, have me helping Derek and my neighbors initiate work on their houses, and I have to make sure my house is still secure from the myriad of criminal elements circulating about......

Marty, has us signed up for the mendota race, for the guys in D4, i've grown to know...... thanks guys.... be aware, that while, my boats are mud sludge, and my motors are hopefully salvaged, we are going to do everything possible to make my entry into the race reality..... Second to Chris aint all that bad! i'm trying, and it's all I can do......

Gonna throw it out to Tom, for allowing me use of his forum...... thanks Tom...

Well wishes, and God Bless you guys, it'll be OK.... I got some boats, and alot of great guys behind me... I cant lose..... thanks...... mike

While it is a huge ordeal to face don't lose the never say die attitude! Like I said in the p/m's we've swapped, call me once you get settled & we will do our best to lend a hand. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mike, glad to hear some parts of your life are starting to look up! we will be moving in august, as always, that will mean a lot of sorting through stuff. please pm me with some of the things you will be needing, i know clothes, toiletries, dishes, etc. how about tools, so you can work? appliances, microwave, toaster oven.....? let me know, i'd rather ship it to you, than move it & store it (again - LOL). lmk. also, you & shelly have shown us all what true faith & inner strength truly is - MY HAT'S OFF TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!! if you need anything to race, let me know, it's yours. & don't forget, you have a sholund 1440 "grim signature" prop for that villain, when you're ready.

WOW, I've been out of the loop for a while and not been online, I just finished reading this thread and once again the boating fellowship truely amazes me. You guys are outstanding to say the least. While I'm in no position to help you right now Mike, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I cant fathom the loss you suffered, but seeing the support that has been generated here on I/W brought a tear to my eye. You guys are AWESOME and its good to know how well we look out for one another in our tight knit little world of RC Boats.

Andy

I got out the rico 21 mono. Had it in storage. It will come with a radio box and tank tray too. Didn't know they were there. It is production #9, printed on the label inside. I have a good speedmaster rudder, and strut for it but no trim tabs or turn fins. Does anyone have a set of each they could donate to finish out the hardware? I also have a .187 flex shaft new to throw in. The rudder is rounded at the bottom but has never been used. The strut will need a bearing setup too if someone can help with that too. Boat is orange and does not have a cowl. I remember now trading for it from Kevin Sheren the natl gas director in impba.

So needed still:

bearing setup for the strut

trim tabs

turn fins

Help appreciated.

Curt

Mike keep that chin up cobber.

Mate your insperation to anyone here. I dont know how i would cope in the same situation but your doing one hell of job!

Keep it up mate. ;)

The Charleston Model Boaters today at our monthly club race collected $300 in donations and added a $500 club donation, so Mike and Shelly have $800 more coming this week.

Keep the contributions coming gang, he NEEDS them!

Mike, We are not slowing down, we just need more ideas on what your family needs.

Your like my brother from a nother mother...kinda deal... sorta... ahh man we <3 you.....

Hey guys... update, slow in coming...... I was in my boots 20 hours today, and i'm shot.... gained possesion of our rental, with the previous tenants leaving a trailor load of junk i had to deal with...... further slowing my progress..... SBA loan, fuggetabowdit..... shelly was in tears, after a stressful day, and it rips me up.......

the chin up talks are not helping her anymore...... regardless.... we are piecing together a house as fast as we're able.... appliances, and a bed, priority 1..... the house was almost unacceptable, which, we deem acceptable, because we have to...... anyway.... you guys that wish to send stuff, i ask, to hang on.... and this'll help you understand, maybe.... post office, is going from mail pick up there, to a mini mall location to pick up, then to another mini mall, .... and then, and then.... aaaaannd then, they are going to install, in each flood sector, a safe box style deal, in a fence, with security stupidity, and such.... we've got change to new address in, already, but it'll take anywhere from a week or more for somebody to 'realize' we've moved into another house..... i'm really thankful for you guys asking for sure.... but, getting it here, to me, is a fiasco, only the post office can guarantee..... so....

I'm OK.... just a kick in the sack....... with al the financial questions, and the city bending everyone over without lubricant, nobody, my neighbors, my friends, my family, knows what to do..... lotsa workin men in my zone, under the gun, and we're pissed.......

bad attitude....... bad..... you guys are my out.... friends, nationwide.... inspiration, badly needed..... Swirls, you made my day.... to all... i'll be on line, just as soon as i can... i have the means, thanks to a very dear friend, helped me in the past...... which, brings me to the Charleston guys... Mike and the RR club, and everyone, donating to help me...... a loss for words.... thank you.... a lifetime, forever indebted to people, i may never meet.... be assured, i'll get to every one, as time warrants.......

i'll get with you, if youve requested mailing, time, of which I havent any, is eating me alive.... everythig is testing my patience..... wish, i could hang onto my h bird, and just let it fly.......

aaaanyway.... the raffle was phenomenal! i'll get with TK, and see whats happenin'...... gonna thank everyone entered, winner or not, because, I know, some just entered to help me, and that was it....... sponsors, you guys made it happen..... guys that saw a cause, and unconcernedly made it happen.... thank you.....i'll hope to support you as best i can in the future.......

another day..... chipping away, and controlling insanity..... gotta lay block on a school, and road is early.... i'll get on, and with ya, as soon as i can.......

I still have some nitro!..... God Bless you all, thank you my friends....i'm standin up..... mike

Hey guys... update, slow in coming...... I was in my boots 20 hours today, and i'm shot.... gained possesion of our rental, with the previous tenants leaving a trailor load of junk i had to deal with...... further slowing my progress..... SBA loan, fuggetabowdit..... shelly was in tears, after a stressful day, and it rips me up.......

the chin up talks are not helping her anymore...... regardless.... we are piecing together a house as fast as we're able.... appliances, and a bed, priority 1..... the house was almost unacceptable, which, we deem acceptable, because we have to...... anyway.... you guys that wish to send stuff, i ask, to hang on.... and this'll help you understand, maybe.... post office, is going from mail pick up there, to a mini mall location to pick up, then to another mini mall, .... and then, and then.... aaaaannd then, they are going to install, in each flood sector, a safe box style deal, in a fence, with security stupidity, and such.... we've got change to new address in, already, but it'll take anywhere from a week or more for somebody to 'realize' we've moved into another house..... i'm really thankful for you guys asking for sure.... but, getting it here, to me, is a fiasco, only the post office can guarantee..... so....

I'm OK.... just a kick in the sack....... with al the financial questions, and the city bending everyone over without lubricant, nobody, my neighbors, my friends, my family, knows what to do..... lotsa workin men in my zone, under the gun, and we're pissed.......

bad attitude....... bad..... you guys are my out.... friends, nationwide.... inspiration, badly needed..... Swirls, you made my day.... to all... i'll be on line, just as soon as i can... i have the means, thanks to a very dear friend, helped me in the past...... which, brings me to the Charleston guys... Mike and the RR club, and everyone, donating to help me...... a loss for words.... thank you.... a lifetime, forever indebted to people, i may never meet.... be assured, i'll get to every one, as time warrants.......

i'll get with you, if youve requested mailing, time, of which I havent any, is eating me alive.... everythig is testing my patience..... wish, i could hang onto my h bird, and just let it fly.......

aaaanyway.... the raffle was phenomenal! i'll get with TK, and see whats happenin'...... gonna thank everyone entered, winner or not, because, I know, some just entered to help me, and that was it....... sponsors, you guys made it happen..... guys that saw a cause, and unconcernedly made it happen.... thank you.....i'll hope to support you as best i can in the future.......

another day..... chipping away, and controlling insanity..... gotta lay block on a school, and road is early.... i'll get on, and with ya, as soon as i can.......

I still have some nitro!..... God Bless you all, thank you my friends....i'm standin up..... mike

Hey Mike

I wish i was there to help you personnally, but thats not the case. Although a little late I transferred you some help.

I am too busy lately on working out a new relationship..

But I do hope that your life will be picking up on the right track.

Hang in there buddy.

Ronald.

Back