low profile 3rd channel needle bases

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what we can call an ergometric set up :D

Has worked on my 45 boats with Mac's 67/84 despite the narrow tubs too!

Gill

Don,

Here is a really nice valve. Maybe you could mount the engine sideways and move the booms up about 3 inches. You may need to cut the tub in half and make 6 inches taller also but I think it would work very nicely.

Gee, it only took 56 replies & over 1,200 views to get where I was looking to be.
We could hook these to a servo and just picnh the fuel line.

Looks like the O.S. assembly only comes with one needle now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gil,

did you make that yourself?

I have an interesting device in my sport 20, it's a flat square box that the fuel line runs through. The servo makes the arm in the box pinch open and close the fuel line for a lean or rich setting.

Preston_Hall said:
Don,Here is a really nice valve. Maybe you could mount the engine sideways and move the booms up about 3 inches. You may need to cut the tub in half and make 6 inches taller also but I think it would work very nicely.

Gee, it only took 56 replies & over 1,200 views to get where I was looking to be.
We could hook these to a servo and just picnh the fuel line.

Looks like the O.S. assembly only comes with one needle now.

92629[/snapback]

Preston,

The size heading lists .40 - 1.2 engines. Is this the same one used on the D & J carbs for the NR's? Same flow rate?

John

Yes r/cboats2 just a cmdi 3rd channel precisely positioned on the bulkhead with a stainless steel angle.The only trick here I had to mill the low allen head screw on the carb.Considering a 45 tub and a Mac 84 it took me time to see this set up but is clean and works perfectly with a micro servo..

Thanks

Gill

gil sonsino said:
This is what we can  call an ergometric set up  :D Has worked on my 45 boats with Mac's 67/84 despite the narrow tubs too!

Gill

92628[/snapback]

Ok I'm just going to go somewhere & bang my head on the wall....... :rolleyes:

John,

I don't know. The ones I got from Bill had two needles for different flows (coarse/fine) from what I am told. The point was very blunt on one of them.

Don,

Before you kill yourself, give this a thought. If you need some room in the boat for a standard valve you could cut a hole in the bottom for the fuel line to come out and then notch the side for the valve to set into. Some nice CF work (pictured in black) could really make a nice job. Take a look at the top and side drawings.

Preston_Hall said:
John,I don't know. The ones I got from Bill had two needles for different flows (coarse/fine) from what I am told. The point was very blunt on one of them.

92677[/snapback]

I just ordered 3 of the OS needles about a month ago from Tower & they came with both coarse & fine needles. The description lists a valve & a needle so I'm thinking the needle is the fine needle & the valve is the assembly with the coarse needle already in it as that is how they've always come packaged. :)

BTW- we have the solution for the compact base to use the OS needle & still maintain good flow for the big motors, I worked on this all weekend testing bore sizes, flow rate curves, etc, etc. If all proceeds as planned I will be testing the design this weekend & they should be available to all shortly thereafter. No cutting holes in your cowl, tub, boom tube, milling, moving or otherwise trying to re-engineer the boat's layout which was the whole point of this project in the first place. I think this will be a hot item when all is said & done. B)

Preston_Hall said:
Don,Before you kill yourself, give this a thought. If you need some room in the boat for a standard valve you could cut a hole in the bottom for the fuel line to come out and then notch the side for the valve to set into. Some nice CF work (pictured in black) could really make a nice job. Take a look at the top and side drawings.

92679[/snapback]

ROFLMAO... Preston that was GREAT !!

Don Ferrette said:
BTW- we have the solution for the compact base to use the OS needle & still maintain good flow for the big motors, I worked on this all weekend testing bore sizes, flow rate curves, etc, etc. If all proceeds as planned I will be testing the design this weekend & they should be available to all shortly thereafter. No cutting holes in your cowl, tub, boom tube, milling, moving or otherwise trying to re-engineer the boat's layout which was the whole point of this project in the first place. I think this will be a hot item when all is said & done.  B)
92682[/snapback]

Don,

Please let me know when you have them ready - I'm interested.

Tim.

Tim_Duggan said:
Don Ferrette said:
BTW- we have the solution for the compact base to use the OS needle & still maintain good flow for the big motors, I worked on this all weekend testing bore sizes, flow rate curves, etc, etc. If all proceeds as planned I will be testing the design this weekend & they should be available to all shortly thereafter. No cutting holes in your cowl, tub, boom tube, milling, moving or otherwise trying to re-engineer the boat's layout which was the whole point of this project in the first place. I think this will be a hot item when all is said & done.  B)
92682[/snapback]

Don,

Tim.

92736[/snapback]

Likewise. Bring some (many) to Atlanta.

John Knight said:
Don,

Tim.

92736[/snapback]

92744[/snapback]

I'll try to bring some to Atlanta if they came be made in mass by then, no promises yet. Regardless, let me get them "field tested" first. B)

Don,

Tim.

I'll try to bring some to Atlanta if they came be made in mass by then, no promises yet. Regardless, let me get them "field tested" first. B)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey Don, Just in case you forgot, let us know when they're ready! :lol: :lol:

Just jabbin', I'll try them to. ;) :wacko: ^_^ ^_^

Don the blocks that you asked me to make are done and will be in the mail tomorrow. Sure sounds like it may take off big time . After all I have been making them for guys for about 5 years now. Good luck with them. Scott

PS for those of you that use Marty;s page these were posted in a tech note 4 or 5 years ago.

ScottVanSlooten said:
Don the blocks that you asked me to make are done and will be in the mail tomorrow.  Sure sounds like it may take off big time . After all I have been making them for guys for about 5 years now.  Good luck with them.  Scott
PS for those of you that use Marty;s page these were posted in a tech note 4 or 5 years ago.

92784[/snapback]

A special thanks to Scott's SUPER efforts to supply me test blocks made to my specs. If these work like I'm sure they will we're gonna have a kick a$$ option for remote mounted needles. :)

Back